Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum168/)
-   -   t boon pickens (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/866827-t-boon-pickens.html)

speedracer54729 07-11-2009 11:04 AM

t boon pickens

has anyone ever herd of t boon pickens he seems like a guy who has his **** straight

benshere 07-11-2009 01:02 PM

Yep, he has been around for a while. I see him on the tube frequently pushing wind and natural gase. Seems we have a shirt load of that as well as oil, but snail-darters and such need protection :-X09. I agree in principle with T Boone but have to be wary of him, he owns lots and lots of acreage over Gase deposits and unfortunately stands to make a bundle of we convert. I guess that will not be worse than the pickle we are in now with the ###s. Dont want to go political here!!! T Boone is heavily invested in both wind and gase and maybe even solar. Silly me, but I just cannot trust anyones concern for us that is really wealthy. Maybe I am crazy after all----!;)

SD26 07-12-2009 08:48 AM

Didn't he blow billions recently? Spent billions on giant wind farm...well, at least he bought billions in the wind generators. But failed to recognize that needed transmission equipment to get the DC power out via AC to the world. So, that doesn't look good right now.

Phydeaux88 07-13-2009 10:10 AM

T Boone Pickens is well known in TX.
He has been in the oil and gas business for years and has made and lost several fortunes.
He has some very good ideas about using natural gas but keep in mind he owns a lot of it so he would support its use,

Haoleman 07-23-2009 04:00 PM

Having been a pioneer in the alternative energy field for many years, it really matters if someone like Boone wants to get involved. Yes, he will profit big time from his proposals but we have known since the 60's that oil would be running out at some point in time and the need to develop alternate sources is critical. Like all other things in our government, it's been to little to late most of the times. This needs to be done so we can have a smooth transition. As one is declining, the other is increasing. Having built the first ethanol project in Hawaii, a state that could well produce most of it's motor fuel from sugar cane, we soon learned about the problems associated with it and the pollution issues which make it a less than desireable fuel source whereas natural gas is one of the most clean burning fuels we have other than hydrogen. Eventually, we all will be driving electric and these other fuels like natural gas will fill the need until we can make the switch. My big concern is the switchover for home heating as that will be the thing that really will require a huge uptake in electric use and the need to supply it.

Damon_Tirerack 07-23-2009 04:28 PM

www.pickensplan.com

It seems he really has his head around the whole energy issue, and what needs to be done to fix it. He has the clout, and the cash to make a difference, too. He's battling the issues non-partisan and working to get them done. I say good for him. I have been meaning to read his biography for months......