Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Senior User

speedracer54729 is starting off with a positive reputation.
t boon pickens

has anyone ever herd of t boon pickens he seems like a guy who has his **** straight
Old 07-11-2009, 02:02 PM
Elder User

benshere is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yep, he has been around for a while. I see him on the tube frequently pushing wind and natural gase. Seems we have a shirt load of that as well as oil, but snail-darters and such need protection . I agree in principle with T Boone but have to be wary of him, he owns lots and lots of acreage over Gase deposits and unfortunately stands to make a bundle of we convert. I guess that will not be worse than the pickle we are in now with the ###s. Dont want to go political here!!! T Boone is heavily invested in both wind and gase and maybe even solar. Silly me, but I just cannot trust anyones concern for us that is really wealthy. Maybe I am crazy after all----!
Old 07-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Senior User

SD26 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Didn't he blow billions recently? Spent billions on giant wind farm...well, at least he bought billions in the wind generators. But failed to recognize that needed transmission equipment to get the DC power out via AC to the world. So, that doesn't look good right now.

2003 Excursion Limited 4WD 7.3PSD - Prodigy brake controller, DP Tuner-60t/80e/AIC/exhaust brake, BG drive line fluids, Timbrin rear springs, 203* thermostat, Evans coolant, coolant filter, Ford Transmission Cure
2001 Focus ZTS, SVT suspension, Evans coolant, K&N air filter
2007 Buell XB12R road racer

Old 07-13-2009, 11:10 AM
Posting Guru

Phydeaux88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Phydeaux88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
T Boone Pickens is well known in TX.
He has been in the oil and gas business for years and has made and lost several fortunes.
He has some very good ideas about using natural gas but keep in mind he owns a lot of it so he would support its use,
Old 07-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Junior User

Haoleman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Having been a pioneer in the alternative energy field for many years, it really matters if someone like Boone wants to get involved. Yes, he will profit big time from his proposals but we have known since the 60's that oil would be running out at some point in time and the need to develop alternate sources is critical. Like all other things in our government, it's been to little to late most of the times. This needs to be done so we can have a smooth transition. As one is declining, the other is increasing. Having built the first ethanol project in Hawaii, a state that could well produce most of it's motor fuel from sugar cane, we soon learned about the problems associated with it and the pollution issues which make it a less than desireable fuel source whereas natural gas is one of the most clean burning fuels we have other than hydrogen. Eventually, we all will be driving electric and these other fuels like natural gas will fill the need until we can make the switch. My big concern is the switchover for home heating as that will be the thing that really will require a huge uptake in electric use and the need to supply it.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:28 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Damon_Tirerack is starting off with a positive reputation.
www.pickensplan.com

It seems he really has his head around the whole energy issue, and what needs to be done to fix it. He has the clout, and the cash to make a difference, too. He's battling the issues non-partisan and working to get them done. I say good for him. I have been meaning to read his biography for months......

877-522-8473 Ext. 643
574-287-2345 Ext. 643
574-236-7707 fax

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders when checking out!**
Old 07-23-2009, 05:28 PM