Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/)
-   -   Removing headliner on a Crew cab? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/835509-removing-headliner-on-a-crew-cab.html)

bigtimebubba 03-26-2009 08:42 PM

Removing headliner on a Crew cab?

How Do I remove the headliner on a crew cab?
I have read that you can squeeze the headliner out one of the doors, and I have read that the only way to get the headliner out is to remove the rear window.
So how do I get it out, and how do I remove the rear window if that is what is needed?

Thanks

Bubba

miller_feed 03-26-2009 09:11 PM

When I had the dealer do my clearance lights on my '99, they didn't take the head liner out of the truck. They said it can't come out, they didn't say anything about the back window. They had to work around it still in the cab. I don't know. :)

beanhead6D5 03-26-2009 09:18 PM

Bubba,what I have read,taking out the back glass was earier.I don't know about fitting it out the door.

Good luck!!

WideOpenFord 03-26-2009 10:00 PM

yea front or rear window is the only way your getting it out. at the salvage yard we take out the windshield if someone buys the headliner.

bigtimebubba 03-26-2009 10:29 PM

How do I remove the rear window?

F250_ 03-27-2009 08:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the Removal and Re-installation details.

RedBoat 03-27-2009 10:54 AM

I took mine out throught the drivers door, dropped it turned it 90 degrees and angled out the drivers door. This was with the seats still in the truck too.

F250_ 03-27-2009 11:29 AM

The only reason I've heard that the window needs to be removed is because there is a veyr high liklihood of creasing the liner when trying to get it through the door openings. Sounds like you were one of the lucky ones, Costa (or did you nd up with one of those creases?).

DieselBeast01 03-27-2009 12:30 PM

Why exactly are you removing the headliner? I would say that you have to remove the front or back glass.

RedBoat 03-27-2009 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by F250_ (Post 7313896)
The only reason I've heard that the window needs to be removed is because there is a veyr high liklihood of creasing the liner when trying to get it through the door openings. Sounds like you were one of the lucky ones, Costa (or did you nd up with one of those creases?).

No creases actually came out without a problem. Guess I was just one of the lucky ones!

bigtimebubba 03-27-2009 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by DieselBeast01 (Post 7314107)
Why exactly are you removing the headliner? I would say that you have to remove the front or back glass.

I'm wrapping it with charcoal microsuede. the headliner right now is a little dirty and a darker charcoal will go much better with the interior. plus make it a little darker inside which will be nice.

Redboat is correct. I just got the headliner out and you do not need to remove the glass. I did remove the front seats just to make it easier on myself but it came right out, just need to gget the angles right.

Now need to put the suede on and then install everything bakc up again