Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nebraska Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum176/)
-   -   August B/S and chat thread, all welcome!! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/763177-august-b-s-and-chat-thread-all-welcome.html)

67nukeford 08-07-2008 04:33 PM

You should bring yourself a water jug......but not filled with water!

67nukeford 08-07-2008 04:34 PM

The "true" Rob has arrived!!!LOL!!!

67nukeford 08-07-2008 04:36 PM

Wow. we might be able to split this thing before the end of the week! Not bad, gents, not bad! I might be on for a bit tomorrow, I've got a pretty busy day. Especially since I work a lot harder at home than I do here!! But, you guys have yourself a good night, I'll catch up with you guys tomorrow.

cowboywanabe 08-07-2008 04:37 PM

What's a guy to do, I decided to just come clean with my support group...

can we all sing Kum Ba Yah now?

RedUgly77 08-07-2008 04:38 PM

must really hate that chevy beretta.. didn't make the sig!

cowboywanabe 08-07-2008 04:39 PM

take it easy Pat...

I gotta run too, gots to pick up the kids from day camp... Try and keep awake for another 20 minutes Dallas!

RedUgly77 08-07-2008 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by cowboywanabe (Post 6427790)
can we all sing Kum Ba Yah now?

:-hijacked
another KOOK for the day!

"Kumbaya" (also spelled Kum Ba Yah) is a spiritual song from the 1930s. It enjoyed newfound popularity during the folk revival of the 1960s and became a standard campfire song in Scouting and other camping organizations.
The song was originally associated with unity and closeness, but more recently is also alluded to sarcastically to connote a blandly pious and naively optimistic view of the world and human nature.
Origins
The origins of the song are disputed. Reverend Marvin V. Frey (1918–1992) claimed to have written the song in the 1930s under the title "Come By Here". It first appeared in a collection by Robert Winslow Gordon in 1936 and in "Revival Choruses of Marvin V. Frey", a lyric sheet printed in Portland, Oregon in 1939. The change of the title to "Kum Ba Yah" came about in 1946, when the song returned from Africa with a missionary family, who toured America singing the song with the text "Kum Ba Yah".[citation needed]
There is debate about the truth of Frey's authorship claim; recent research has found that sometime between 1922 and 1931, members of an organization called the Society for the Preservation of Spirituals collected a song from the South Carolina coast. Come By Yuh, as they called it, was sung in Gullah, the Creole dialect spoken by the former slaves living on the Sea Islands of South Carolina and Georgia. In Gullah, "Kumbaya" means "Come by here", so the lyric could be translated as "Come by here, my lord, come by here." Another version was preserved on a wax cylinder in May 1936 by Robert Winslow Gordon, founder of what became the American Folklife Center. Gordon discovered a woman named Ethel Best singing Come By Here with a group in Raiford, Florida.
Further history
Joe Hickerson, one of the Folksmiths, recorded the song in 1957, as did Pete Seeger in 1958. Joe Hickerson later succeeded Gordon at the American Folklife Center. The song enjoyed newfound popularity during the folk revival of the 1960s, largely due to Joan Baez's 1962 recording of the song, and became associated with the Civil Rights Movement of that decade. It is a standard campfire song in Scouting, YMCA, the Indian Guides, and others. It was also commonly used in Catholic "folk" masses of the 1970s.

:-whud

cowboywanabe 08-08-2008 08:08 AM

Good morning everyone! Woohoo I got the first BS post of the day, what's my prize???

TGIF!

BIGKEN 08-08-2008 08:11 AM

Good morning Nebraska!!!

RedUgly77 08-08-2008 08:51 AM

Good Morning Nebraska!

First BS of the day on a Friday means you buy the first round of beers at happy hour!

RedUgly77 08-08-2008 08:54 AM

Today's Kook!

Happy 30th birthday to Odie, the yellow beagle who has spent much of his existence being kicked off the table or otherwise mistreated by his vastly cleverer housemate, Garfield. Odie's innocent goodheartedness is the canine counterpoint to Garfield's feline manipulativeness. On rare occasions the dog gets his own back, chiefly by startling Garfield at mealtime so that he falls face-down into his food bowl. Odie, nonverbal and drooling, also epitomizes the dumb younger sibling who seems to be wearing a perpetual "Pick on me!" sign. True to form, Garfield sees the role of Odie-tormentor as exclusively his: "Hey, nobody gets to mistreat my dog like that except me!"

http://content.answers.com/main/cont..._spotlight.gif

Quote: "Odie's so stupid he'd have to stand on a chair to raise his I.Q." <NOBR>— Garfield</NOBR> in Garfield's Halloween Adventure

cowboywanabe 08-08-2008 08:59 AM

I would have never guessed him to be a Beagle... but I don't think Snoopy looks much like a Beagle either.

RedUgly77 08-08-2008 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by cowboywanabe (Post 6429889)
I would have never guessed him to be a Beagle... but I don't think Snoopy looks much like a Beagle either.

who would have thought that a person could learn something from this thread... :confused:

RedUgly77 08-08-2008 09:53 AM

Hey! nap time isn't until the afternoon!

cowboywanabe 08-08-2008 10:22 AM

I'm going to have to pull the plug on my phone and email, people keep asking me to do work, on a Friday! There should be a company policy against that!

Are you off at 1:00 again today Dallas?