Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Georgia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum82/)
-   -   GTGs (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/757455-gtgs.html)

FTE Ken 07-11-2008 02:21 PM

GTGs

I've noticed for several years there's been a lot of talk about getting together it always fizzles out. The last time I brought up something such as a meet at the track it fell flat on its tail. The thread about getting together for BBQ went on for a year and a half, etc.

So, I've decided I'm just gonna go to shows, events and cruise-ins and if others in the chapters decide to show up great. I'm gonna have fun with or without you!

I posted info about a cruise-in this Saturday and I'm going to make a few more posts today detailing the shows, events and cruise-ins I plan to attend. :) There's no point in talking about things we never do so chime in any of the threads if you plan to show up.

3broncocrazy 07-17-2008 02:59 PM

Thanks for keeping us informed. Long trip for me to N. Ga with gas like it is. I'll get up that way when I can.....

DP-Tuner 07-18-2008 05:02 PM

Ken,

Let us know how we can help.

:-bigparty

FTE Ken 07-18-2008 06:25 PM

At this point I'm not sure there anything to help with. I'm not organizing any of these, ralleying the troops, etc. I played that part a long time ago and got lots of people together at events and ended up not having as much fun because I was too busy with the details! Maybe you can organize something?

Now I'm simply posting events I'm considering going to for my enjoyment and if other FTE members would like to show up that would be fine and dandy. :) Also any other events in the state, when I run across them, I'm posting even if I can't go because it might be useful to others in the state.

This weekend I'm pretty slammed but I'm probably going to check the Checkers in Loganville next Sunday to see if the cruise-in is still active over there. In August I'm definitely going to the Cars and Coffee event. Its very active. It started here in Georgia and has spread into a nationwide network of Cars and Coffee clubs. :)

DP-Tuner 07-18-2008 11:34 PM

Ken,

We have the facilities and now we are working on the dates. I'll keep everyone informed as the event plannings become full circle.

Diane

FTE Ken 07-19-2008 11:15 AM

I'll make sure I'm there with my wife, possibly the family and I'll make sure I drag Jay along as well. You missed meeting him last time... he's a lot of fun in person (can be quite funny on the phone too) when he's not all business. :)

DP-Tuner 07-21-2008 08:44 AM

Ken,

All I have right now is October 4th. Mark you calendar. As it is right now from the information given to me is it will be an All Georgia truck gathering for Diesel truck owners. We are helping with the planning of this event and will keep everyone up to date on the event details. I know Jay is a gasser guy, but this will be strictly diesel for the first gtg. I would drag him along, maybe we can convert him. :-drink

Diane

fordborn 08-13-2008 06:19 PM

Hey Ken your about to be invaded. LOL

Looks like I am moving to the neighborhood or atleast to GA anyway. Will be moving down to the Moultrie area in a couple weeks. Sure be nice to get to a GTG and meet some new people. Not sure what all is down in that area but I am sure I can stir some things up for you. :)