Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arkansas Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum175/)
-   -   Diesel Guy's;Getting ready to order fuel filters (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/742473-diesel-guys-getting-ready-to-order-fuel-filters.html)

1996pwrstrk 05-17-2008 08:10 AM

Diesel Guy's;Getting ready to order fuel filters

I'm getting ready to order fuel filters , it looks like they only have the type with the lid already on the cost is 20.72 the more we order the more we save. Anyone wants in on this that lives locally post up and let me know.

tojoski 05-17-2008 08:39 AM

....I guess i should have posted on here... i made a fleetfilter order yesterday..

do they have the filters for the OBS trucks too? Dad may want a couple

then again, I may go ahead and get a couple more coolant filters too

cookie88 05-21-2008 07:19 PM

Did you order? I'm about due. I need to change the big one too, ordering any of them?

1996pwrstrk 05-21-2008 10:40 PM

I have not ordered anything yet I was going to wait till this week end . Just let me know what and how many.

tojoski 05-21-2008 11:57 PM

This is a bit off subject, but we never made a May all topic thread so here goes..

I just finished getting the coolant filter installed... question: how do I know when the filter is plugged? will it the filter itself run cold?

When I strained what drained in the pan through a paper towel, there was quite a bit of grit in it..so lemme know when you order, i may get another 4070

also, do they have the fuel filters for the OBS trucks? they aren't listed by application

next mod: 6637 ( my filter cover from pete is on the way ):-jammin
next = IDM

tojoski 05-25-2008 09:29 PM

ok, sent you a PM..

/ bump

cookie88 05-26-2008 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by tojoski (Post 6180787)
This is a bit off subject, but we never made a May all topic thread so here goes..

I just finished getting the coolant filter installed... question: how do I know when the filter is plugged? will it the filter itself run cold?

When I strained what drained in the pan through a paper towel, there was quite a bit of grit in it..so lemme know when you order, i may get another 4070

also, do they have the fuel filters for the OBS trucks? they aren't listed by application

next mod: 6637 ( my filter cover from pete is on the way ):-jammin
next = IDM

In my experience they do not run cool when they are loaded. I changed my first one after two weeks on the recommendation of a guy that had installed one befrore me. I couldn't tell any difference other than the weight....and when it dried out I cut it apart :eek: Packed full.

I changed the second one about a month later.....after that it became an annual maintenance deal. Once all the casting sand is removed they really don't load up much at all.

Have you talked to Dave this morning? He's getting ready to order the filters.

1996pwrstrk 05-26-2008 11:59 AM

I talked to Joe and I just ordered the filters .

1996pwrstrk 05-30-2008 08:06 AM

The big brown truck was here I have a box of filters ,if you need them we can make arrangements to get them to you, if not I'll bring them to the G2G.

cookie88 05-31-2008 10:13 AM

Cool. :-X22