Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nebraska Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum176/)
-   -   Electric Windows (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/741893-electric-windows.html)

hapkidoman 05-15-2008 09:17 AM

Electric Windows

The passenger window in my truck wouldn't go down if you used the switch on the passenger side. Only the switch on drivers side. I replaced the switch on passenger side. That fixed that problem. Now it wont roll down from driver side switch any one have any ideas why it would quit now. Maybe the switch again

67nukeford 05-15-2008 06:41 PM

this exact same thing happened to me Gary. And it was the switches. I guess they just get worn out. I went ahead and just replaced all of them, even the drivers side window switch.

hapkidoman 05-16-2008 08:36 AM

Thanks Pat i was just considering doing that anyway.

hapkidoman 06-09-2008 12:29 PM

I replaced the other switch and now neither one will put down the window. I m gonna try the fuse then i guess the only option is the motor

67nukeford 06-10-2008 10:31 AM

Hmm. that's weird. I guess that would be the thing to try next Gary.

Redneck-Cowboy 06-12-2008 12:21 AM

Hold on... I had this same problem today, only the window would go down but not up, so I tried hot wiring it with a battery, still no go, just sparks, so I yank the motor, works great, I couldn't stop it for nothing, so I pull up on the window and there is no catch in the regulator...... so I pull the window up, put the motor in, put the window down a bit.....won't go back up, so I take the conecter apart agian (this is on a 98 F-150 by the way) and this time I put some jumper wires in between and reverse the wiring, goes up when you push down, so gotta be the switch right......... well... more on that story when the switch comes in, but I'm thinking something different (guy just wanted it up b4 the rain hit tonite). All I can say is usually it's not the motor when the window goes up fine. You may check your boot that goes from your door to cab, I've seen more then a few Fords break a wire in there and it's always the one outta the 30 that runs the windows for some reason, although usually when that happens the windows don't work at all, but on a hunch since it's the pass window it very well could be that your power for down is grounded out in the drivers or passengers boot and that's why it only goes up. Just my 2 cents, but it may be something to look into, with a little common sense and a test light it's easy enough to figure out how the switch should work and what wires it gives power to, that's what I do, I'm to lazy to pull out the manual. Let us know what you find out. I know that's what I'm gonna check when that guys truck comes back in, unless the switch magically takes care of it, but I doubt it, lol, it's never that easy.

67nukeford 06-12-2008 10:22 AM

And this is why we keep Chris around!!!

hapkidoman 06-24-2008 11:56 AM

That may be it. However it wont go down or up now. I t might be a fuse but in the 95 it has two fuses one for each side. And the other stuff the fuse runs works . So i dont know whats going on.

Redneck-Cowboy 06-24-2008 01:56 PM

Pull your switch and see if your getting power to it.

67nukeford 08-19-2008 10:49 AM

Well, thought I'd bring this back, since my '97 now has the same problem! Every once in a while, the passenger side wouldn't work from either switch. Then, it would start working, either the next time I drove it, or the next day. Now, it doesn't work at all. So, looks like it's time to get the meter out.

soupcan 01-17-2009 04:25 PM

Passenger Side Power Window

Another new guy here-

I have 2001 F-150 and the passenger side window works fine from the passenger side. However, if I try to operate it from the drivers side, I can roll the window down but not up.
I pulled the master switch assembly from the drivers side door and everything looks fine but, I haven't had an opportunity to really troubleshoot it yet.

Any help would be appreciated