Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum28/)
-   -   What have you done to your truck today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/730516-what-have-you-done-to-your-truck-today.html)

Evan_P 06-09-2012 12:01 AM

Yeah we will see. Got me a new timing light as well. Little busy this weekend. Might get to it Sunday...

Plain Jane 06-09-2012 05:35 PM

Sounds like a neat project:

"This month:
Front tank delete
2.5 inch exhaust with 2 chamber flows and dumps
A/C delete
P/S delete
Air pump delete
Air bag Delete
Electric water pump
Electric fan
Rear shackles

Yes its going to be light.

Posi unit and nitrous kit next month if everything goes well."

I was wondering one thing, why remove the rear tank instead of the front? The weight of a tank full of gas would probably give you a little better traction since it is closer to the rear axle. providing you aren't going to be putting a spare under there you would have room for a true dual system if you cared to do that.

Diesel_Brad 06-09-2012 06:18 PM

This week I...

Pulled the bed
rear bumper
Hitch
rear shocks
exhaust
fenders
grill
front bumper
cowl
and COMPLETELY Power washed(with heat) the entire frame to get the Zeibart off.
Still need to pull the fuel tanks,fuel lines are harness. Then sandblast and POR15
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...609_173836.jpg
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...609_154325.jpg

FORDF250HDXLT 06-09-2012 07:57 PM

installing a HD billet,triple disk,extra low stall diesel converter w/front pump mods from racerx.
all unbolted and ready to drop the 4wd E40D tomorrow to install.

that's a real nice solid looking truck there Brad.
you've got that one setup to ride real smooth it looks like with just 3 main leafs out back.

Bob Gervais 06-09-2012 08:04 PM

Switched to synthetic fluids in the xfer case and rear diff, complete with new rear diff cover.

Removed y-pipe bolts that were installed by PO in the exhaust manifold, dropped the y-pipe to weld up a new cat back. Installed proper studs in manifolds and put it all back together. Realized that the air tube connection to the converter pipe cracked. Project for another day...

Tinted the rear cab and rear door windows 20% (they had no tint previously).

Bob Gervais 06-09-2012 08:05 PM

[QUOTE=Diesel_Brad;11934414]This week I...

Pulled the bed
rear bumper
Hitch
rear shocks
exhaust
fenders
grill
front bumper
cowl
and COMPLETELY Power washed(with heat) the entire frame to get the Zeibart off.
Still need to pull the fuel tanks,fuel lines are harness. Then sandblast and POR15

Looking good! I've got a propane steam cleaner/power washer at work. Good idea to get the undercoating off!

Encho 06-09-2012 08:21 PM

Finally replaced the shifter cable, I'll do a little write-up on this soon, maybe tomorrow.

jimbo285 06-09-2012 08:25 PM

Replaced shocks. Hadn't replaced in about 65,000 miles. Rides like new again.

pickup man1 06-09-2012 08:54 PM

I am removing the front tank and doing true dual exhaust. Im doing this as time and money allows. Like today I didnt get as much done as I wanted because the old valance rivets were rusted in the bumper and I had to cut them off and punch them through. Took a while. Got the front down 2 inches and aligned it tho. I also know that the 5 speeds days are numbered ,so it will get a C4 with a 3000 stall and a trans brake when it lets loose. I know this is not every ones cup of tea but its going to be a hell of alot of fun to drive. Ill get pics when its closer to being done.

Encho 06-09-2012 09:19 PM

The C4 won't last as long as the C6, you should really look into this.

Forger 06-09-2012 09:25 PM

This Week
Swapped IFS for Dana 60
Took out engine
swapped heads, cam, and intake from Reincarnation
Installed back in truck
Put headers on
deleted air pump and injection system
Well see if it runs tomorrow

@Brad- You have the same wheel/tire set up as me. What size do you have?

Diesel_Brad 06-10-2012 07:41 AM

The truck has 4 leafs and they SUCK. It rides like a PO-GO stick and it takes ZERO weight. They are getting changed out for a set of Superduty leafs

LeoJr 06-10-2012 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad (Post 11934414)

Brad, Could you take some pics showing where the aftermarket down pipe is routed and the probable clearance areas?

Many thanks if you can!! Leo

Diesel_Brad 06-10-2012 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by LeoJr (Post 11935910)
Brad, Could you take some pics showing where the aftermarket down pipe is routed and the probable clearance areas?

Many thanks if you can!! Leo

The down pipe goes right where the original one goes. But for the 2 piece 3" one you will need to modify your firewall pinch weld.

To do that you get a sawzall and CUT the pinch weld in 4-5 spots about 1" apart from each other. You then get a prybay, pipe, baseball bat, etc and bend the cuts over giving you about 1" extra room.

I have a Full MBRP exhaust If you are in need of one

BIGskinny 06-10-2012 05:02 PM

thats a pretty truck you got the diesel brad. i like that two tone alot