Today I painted 2 rims off of my truck and primed 1. I will complete the other rims on my next day off. Enjoy here is a link with before adn after pictures. Well one rim completed and what the other rims looked like beofre I painted them.
haven't done anything today to it but yesterday I replaced some instrument bulbs and then the other day I took out the polk speakers I installed after I bought the truck and replaced them with some infinity kappa ones in the doors. Also I have new wiper blades I need to put on then get it inspected in the next week or two.
Today I just drove it. Gave the 4x4 a good test as we'd got probably 6 inches of wet snow when I drove home.
I haven't done anything to my daily driver 95 for quite awhile. It needs a major cleaning when the weather gets nicer. And there's a oil pan gasket and timing cover gaskets waiting in the garage.
Last weekend on my 97 I finally got the spare tire mounted underneath where it should be (yes it's a PITA but it's out of the way). Had the windows professionally tinted on Friday. I don't have the patience to do it myself and be happy with it. The weekend before I put new door speakers in and changed the fuel filter. The door panels had never been off and other than breaking one clip it went perfect. The plastic behind them still looks brand new. On the speakers I even took the factory connectors off the blown speakers and soldered them on the Kenwoods. Cutting any factory wire is a pet peeve of mine.
Today.........I broke the leaf springs off the axle and ground down the rust ,painted both the springs and 3" mounting brackests.
This is a 2wd 1991 F150 super cab , I am replacing the suspension with a 1982 f-350 2wd Dually suspension.
It all started with an AOD transmission swap to a HD C6. (this went clean , with the exception of having to replace the steering column of a 4 speed selector to a column with a 3 speed selector)
In my parts hunt I found an f350 frame and suspension for free.
After doing a little mesuring and research I found Ford used the same frame from 1980 -1996. The mounting brackets were different sizes. the frames have all the holes in the same spots though. So with a 4" grinder I started cutting the rivits off and swapping the brackets. I have drilled the frame and brackets out for 1/2" bolts. The front end went in clean also. The rear is a bit of a chore .
This Axle is a Dana 70 1-ton , with a 4:10 gear set. with the addition of a posi-locking differental . The truck will be quite a tractor when finished.
It's definitely not going to be a daily driver, but when it's application is needed in life , it should be plenty.
I really want to finish it off with a set of 24.5" Bud Hub Piloted semi-truck rims all the way around. 24.5" rims with factory tires are around 41" tall. The mileage on these tires is outragiously high @ 350,000 . And the rims and tires should not be to hard to find used.
It's just like building models when I was younger , just on a much larger scale today.
Yesterday I spotted a little off road path while my girlfriend and I were driving (in separate cars) to Subway. Almost got high centered (well, I did, but I got out of it, carefully...). Would have been really embarrassing to have her pull out the f250 with her Dakota... But hey, she actually followed me down the trail, so major kudos...
I did all my work from December to about 2 weeks ago. It was a slow when you got time sorta thing. I found a replacement for my 460 that was fried by the previous owner, due to a water pump failure. It was drove a long ways with no coolant. The replacement an advertized low mile unit, which it looked like it was, had a rod bearing ready to fail. So did a refresh overhaul to it. And toyed with the idea of doing the transmission since it was out. Decided not to, it works okay. Then I did the stuff listed in the signature, it took along time, to route stuff, and use flex conduit etc. I don't see how the outfits that sell those things can do the job so inexpensively. I guess they slam bam it, and cut corners.