Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum28/)
-   -   What have you done to your truck today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/730516-what-have-you-done-to-your-truck-today.html)

FordGuy91 02-15-2010 11:08 PM

I thought he was talking about getting his hair cut or 'styled' not dyed. ??

Oh well, put a full tank of gas in it... hopefully taking off the cap soon so I can get my bed lined.

zxwut? 02-15-2010 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by FordGuy91 (Post 8520702)
I thought he was talking about getting his hair cut or 'styled' not dyed. ??

Oh well, put a full tank of gas in it... hopefully taking off the cap soon so I can get my bed lined.

This :-X03

LCAM-01XA 02-16-2010 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by unrealtrip (Post 8515771)
And let me say what a PITA it is to do the rear brakes on this truck with the full float axles... man. Had to do a seal anyway, but still that you have pull both axle shafts just to do brakes, I know there is no way around it but ugh.

No you don't, at least not always. But then again I'm used to doing brakes the odd way, and I have a dually with a Sterling axle which probably gives me more clearance between the hub and the brake hardware than what ya'll SRW folks got to work with.

LCAM-01XA 02-16-2010 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by JohnSChisum (Post 8518019)
Just took off the snowplow motor/pump drained it, cleaned it changed the filter. Then went through the pump put it all back together put on new hydraulic lines filled with pretty blue fluid and now I am going back out to plow some more.

I need to do this, I got a fitting leaking and I lose oil rather quickly through it. Not much of a concern while the plow truck's engine was acting up (neighbor's kid dumped a few gallons of water in the tank as a revenge for me refusing to fix his truck for free), but it's up and running good now so it's time to shift attention to the plow itself...

460/5 02-16-2010 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by LCAM-01XA (Post 8521052)
neighbor's kid dumped a few gallons of water in the tank as a revenge for me refusing to fix his truck for free

please tell me you pressed charges... or did worse to his truck...

LCAM-01XA 02-16-2010 03:41 AM

Nope, no solid proof of anything - I'll just treat him as a trespasser next time he comes around, got a few salt rounds with his name on 'em ;)

460/5 02-16-2010 04:43 AM

good. man, if MY parents even suspected that i did somethin like that, i wouldnt be able to sit for a week, and i could kiss all three of my trucks goodbye. and if it woulda happened to me, well, i know more than a handful of tricks that can ruin a motor... }>

1OldFordMan 02-16-2010 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by TexasGuy001 (Post 8516217)
Thats high. I got one from Advance for 85 or 90 bucks. I can get one from Ford for about the same price as your A'zone one. Which battery was it?

I just saw that you had to pay the core, but it still seems a bit pricey to me.

EDIT: I guess batteries have gone up recently, because the one I got is now 105 bucks.

Forget what name they had on it, it was their top of the line. 8 year warranty, first 3 years free replacement. Could've went cheaper, but I figured I'd rather have the best.

truckrider814 02-16-2010 06:59 AM

Well i didn't do it today but last night i found out i sheared off the bolts to my rear sway bar on both sides. my friend said he thought something was hanging down. gonna fix it today with anyluck the parts store will have some. cause right now it's just zipped tied up so's it dont catch on anything

Kyle

TexasGuy001 02-16-2010 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by 1OldFordMan (Post 8521400)
Forget what name they had on it, it was their top of the line. 8 year warranty, first 3 years free replacement. Could've went cheaper, but I figured I'd rather have the best.

I agree, the less expensive batteries usuaully don't last as long or provide as many cranking amps.

TexasGuy001 02-16-2010 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by truckrider814 (Post 8521457)
Well i didn't do it today but last night i found out i sheared off the bolts to my rear sway bar on both sides. my friend said he thought something was hanging down. gonna fix it today with anyluck the parts store will have some. cause right now it's just zipped tied up so's it dont catch on anything

Kyle

Which ones, the U bolts or the ones to the frame? I don't think that the local autoparts store is going to have those type of bolts that are used for the endlinks. The bolts that go to the frame should be able to be had at the hardware store.

Chris91-150 02-16-2010 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Itchy brother (Post 8518731)
Sounds great!
They have been in buisness for over 70 years, so i expected them to be good!
Looks like i better add to my order at summit racing then!!!

I just think the only thing i could benefit from now is getting a pair of those Bronco-style brackets that allow me to put dual shocks up front, thats my next project!
That and i think im going to chop my muffler and throw on a 28" glasspack :)

truckrider814 02-16-2010 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by TexasGuy001 (Post 8521578)
Which ones, the U bolts or the ones to the frame? I don't think that the local autoparts store is going to have those type of bolts that are used for the endlinks. The bolts that go to the frame should be able to be had at the hardware store.

Oh no i was talking about the actual link the one off the frame with an eyelet at the frame and stud on the other to attach the sway bar haha i sheared the studs off right where the bump is to stop the bar from going up anymore. my parts place i use ordered em and i'll have em first thing in the morning the whole assembly too the links bushing and new bolts for $23 each so not bad at all ford wanted 20 just for the links and then another 20 for the bushings and all that.

Kyle

quicklook2 02-16-2010 04:14 PM

photographed the snow on top of it.

bigmacmonday 02-16-2010 06:33 PM

took it mudding with the window down and now I have to take a shower, and clean the interior of the truck lol