Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum28/)
-   -   What have you done to your truck today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/730516-what-have-you-done-to-your-truck-today.html)

zxwut? 02-14-2010 02:38 PM

I got the BFG Commercial Traction tires because they rate very well in all conditions. All the siping in the tires works very well in the snow and ice also, which was a big concern of mine.

460/5 02-14-2010 02:55 PM

yeah, i hear ya. like i said, they are the ones i was lookin at, but then i found those retreads in the size i wanted for a lot cheaper. almost 300 dollars cheaper...

unrealtrip 02-14-2010 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by zxwut? (Post 8513390)
I did the same thing from Costco. Same tires; I believe I paid 750ish mounted and balanced so pretty good, relatively.

I should probably not mention that I got them for ~$625 mounted and balanced then lol. :confused:

And let me say what a PITA it is to do the rear brakes on this truck with the full float axles... man. Had to do a seal anyway, but still that you have pull both axle shafts just to do brakes, I know there is no way around it but ugh.

zxwut? 02-14-2010 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by unrealtrip (Post 8515771)
I should probably not mention that I got them for ~$625 mounted and balanced then lol. :confused:

And let me say what a PITA it is to do the rear brakes on this truck with the full float axles... man. Had to do a seal anyway, but still that you have pull both axle shafts just to do brakes, I know there is no way around it but ugh.

You must have caught a good sale. Mine were around 140 per tire for the 235/85/16, load range E. Washington state has a pretty high sales tax also, so that could have played into it as well.

Filmy 02-15-2010 12:12 AM

Today I installed the Hypertech module. Haven't driven it yet, so I'll soon know about performance increases after I put some premium gas in it.

Most of the day Saturday was rewiring the three accessory switches (two for lights and one for aux fan) correctly through relays - with separately-colored wires and schematic.

I did the wheel/tire thing on Friday. Brand new BFG T/A KOs, 33X12.5 ($629 installed, out the door...) on new 10X15 wheels (see avatar). Such a huge improvement on the road!

This whole past week has been cleaning it. I also had to take out the front seats to do a number on the carpets. The lazy PO couldn't even vacuum it out before I picked it up.

And tomorrow, Monday, I'll be underneath it flushing the tranny fluid and installing a TransGo shift kit. :-X20

unrealtrip 02-15-2010 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by zxwut? (Post 8515811)
You must have caught a good sale. Mine were around 140 per tire for the 235/85/16, load range E. Washington state has a pretty high sales tax also, so that could have played into it as well.

Actually they were $142ea for me, same tires load range and all, but low sales tax and right now if you buy 4 BFG tires you get $60 off :D

zxwut? 02-15-2010 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by unrealtrip (Post 8516054)
Actually they were $142ea for me, same tires load range and all, but low sales tax and right now if you buy 4 BFG tires you get $60 off :D

That must have been it. I got mine put on a month or two ago, I believe.

bigmacmonday 02-15-2010 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by Filmy (Post 8515952)
Today I installed the Hypertech module. Haven't driven it yet, so I'll soon know about performance increases after I put some premium gas in it.

Most of the day Saturday was rewiring the three accessory switches (two for lights and one for aux fan) correctly through relays - with separately-colored wires and schematic.

I did the wheel/tire thing on Friday. Brand new BFG T/A KOs, 33X12.5 ($629 installed, out the door...) on new 10X15 wheels (see avatar). Such a huge improvement on the road!

This whole past week has been cleaning it. I also had to take out the front seats to do a number on the carpets. The lazy PO couldn't even vacuum it out before I picked it up.

And tomorrow, Monday, I'll be underneath it flushing the tranny fluid and installing a TransGo shift kit. :-X20

Hey man got a pic you can post? The profile pic you have is too small and I cant enlarge it.

Filmy 02-15-2010 02:09 AM

Sure...

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4025/...fb35f0d1_o.jpg

I'm laughing at myself 'cuz I don't know how her ass got cut off of the image. It's a longbed.

TexasGuy001 02-15-2010 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by 1OldFordMan (Post 8510593)
Ended up buying a new battery from The Zone. $115.00 + tax. Ouch!!!

Thats high. I got one from Advance for 85 or 90 bucks. I can get one from Ford for about the same price as your A'zone one. Which battery was it?

I just saw that you had to pay the core, but it still seems a bit pricey to me.

EDIT: I guess batteries have gone up recently, because the one I got is now 105 bucks.

TexasGuy001 02-15-2010 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by Filmy (Post 8516153)
Sure...

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4025/...fb35f0d1_o.jpg

I'm laughing at myself 'cuz I don't know how her ass got cut off of the image. It's a longbed.

Thats a great looking truck!

mattystowe 02-15-2010 07:17 AM

blew a brake line crimped it drove home leaving for parts now.. taking the wifeys buick :/.
the other day i did coils up front v happy with the results sitting much higher <one was broke> secret weapons for that job were pb blaster, propane torch, shovel, wrecking bar.
it got done, but was not fun >

bigmacmonday 02-15-2010 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by mattystowe (Post 8516490)
blew a brake line crimped it drove home leaving for parts now.. taking the wifeys buick :/.
the other day i did coils up front v happy with the results sitting much higher <one was broke> secret weapons for that job were pb blaster, propane torch, shovel, wrecking bar.
it got done, but was not fun >

a shovel? what the hell was the shovel used for lol

460/5 02-15-2010 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by bigmacmonday (Post 8517090)
a shovel? what the hell was the shovel used for lol

as a shield so the flyin parts wouldnt hit him in the face! :-missingt

Danscapes 02-15-2010 01:10 PM

Well today I brushed off 4 inches of fresh snow and shoveled out the bed. Then loaded with my snow blower and used it to make money while everyone else was stuck in ditches.:-headbang