Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Maryland Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum186/)
-   -   New To MD (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/653782-new-to-md.html)

UT1Rusty 09-17-2007 04:37 PM

New To MD

I just wanted to say hello to all of you and fill you in on myself. I am active duty military. I just moved to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State><st1:place>Maryland</st1:place></st1:State> with my wife of 9 years wow it’s been that long sheesh. I drive a 2003 Electric blue F250 witch I just got before I moved up here. I have done all the work on the truck with some help from my brother. I like fresh water fishing witch I have yet to do here. I prefer pond fishing but that looks like a hard one to do here. Any how I hope to see some of you around.

SCRWDRVR 09-17-2007 05:37 PM

Welcome to the fair state of Maryland and the Maryland chapter

BPofMD 09-17-2007 05:55 PM

No "fresh" water from here south!! Welcome to Maryland...where ya stationed? Fort Meade or Aberdeen?

UT1Rusty 09-17-2007 06:59 PM

I am attached to a unit in Fort Detrick.

Tractor Boy 09-17-2007 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by UT1Rusty

OUCH!!!!!!!

lol I would like 2 extend a welcome on behalf of the Maryland Chapter, I am the MD chapter leader, a lil about myself, I c we have a few things in common, I am full time national guard, I work as a technician @ Camp Fretterd in Reisterstown, MD and love 2 fish, and also own/drive a ford truck. if u check out our sticky threads, u will c a thread about how 2 join our chapter, if u need help in any way, just contact me or George(glruff) and we will assist u in any way we can.

a lil bit about the chapter, we r still fairly new, we have been a recognised chapter for about a year now, but we have only had 1 meet, I am looking 2 change that and gain some participation, I would appreciate any help and support I can get.

what do u do 4 the army?????? mos???

UT1Rusty 09-18-2007 05:08 AM

US Navy SeaBee. MY rate (MOS) is Utilitiesman. I work on Plumbing, boilers, heating systems, AC systems, Pumps, and the list goes on.

BPofMD 09-18-2007 01:18 PM

Old Navy Motto: We make do with what we have! And we help our own!

20 year Navy Vet Jet Engine Mech

jetdoc 09-27-2007 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by UT1Rusty

Welcome to MD!!! The mighty Potomac is right south of you. Good for fishing. Thurmont and surrounding area is nice as well.

Whatever you do...If it's labeled "Biohazard" Dont take the lid off!!!!

We're going to take the kids hiking up to Annapolis Rock along the AP trail sometime this fall. If I ever get a day off.

BPofMD 09-28-2007 12:51 PM

jd,
Best way to get a day off in your situation is to TAKE a day off....just like you were supposed to get it!

swickg331 09-28-2007 02:36 PM

Rusty,

I'm active AF and live just down the road in Martinsburg, WV. Like someone else said there is some great fishing on the Potomac River as well as some lakes in western maryland. Here is a website that may be helpful

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries/

Scott Swick, SSgt, USAF

UT1Rusty 09-28-2007 07:09 PM

swickg331 thanks for the web page that will help alot. Thanks to all for the welcome. I hope to see you all around.

fire240 09-29-2007 03:31 PM

welcome to maryland

jetdoc 09-29-2007 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by BPofMD
jd,
Best way to get a day off in your situation is to TAKE a day off....just like you were supposed to get it!

I wish it were that easy.... I've started the search for a new job. Trouble is, I'm in my comfort zone here. But I got to do the right thing.

Sorry for the thread hi jack.

birdman127 11-04-2007 07:46 PM

Welcome to Maryland Sir!!! I work in Frederick also. I am the Breadman!!! I have a friend in the base, contracter with the phones i think, drives a maroon f-350 with about 11 inches of lift. His name is Mike aka "Prowler" Catch ya around some time.