Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   S. California Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum103/)
-   -   I had an Idea...I know...scary but stick with me here... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/653002-i-had-an-idea-i-know-scary-but-stick-with-me-here.html)

73f350sc 09-15-2007 01:45 AM

I had an Idea...I know...scary but stick with me here...

I was looking at the "Where do you live" thread and noticed quite a few folks in SD county....so...hows about we have a meet out there? I was thinking of Oceanside as they have quite a bit of free parking...and fire rings...and BBQ pits w/ tables....what do you all think?

Anyone up for a weekend beach meet and a bonfire?

-Chris

olfordsnstone 09-15-2007 03:46 PM

When are you thinking of going?
Tim

73f350sc 09-15-2007 10:49 PM

Well,
I was thinkin next weekend might be good if its not to short of notice...if it is we could go that next weekend.... either way either day haha.
-Chris

73f350sc 09-18-2007 11:03 AM

No takers huh?
-Chris

Col Flashman 09-19-2007 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by 73f350sc
No takers huh?
-Chris

Hey, I'm clear up here in Pomona & I've to take the wife back & forth to work that weekend, as she works a 12hr, rotating monthly work schedual.
Nice idea, but some of us have to have a tick more notice in order to plan & have some fun.

73f350sc 09-19-2007 10:29 AM

I understand that...thats whay I said we could possibly go that next weekend...ie first weekend in October. =)
-Chris

SteveBricks 09-20-2007 07:18 AM

Not much else to do 1st weekend in October.

Nighteyez 09-21-2007 01:06 AM

I have Sunday's and Mondays off now instead of Wednesdays and Thursdays, so I could possibly make it then, but I don't know if i will have the funds to do it. Would have to bring the Buick down though as the camper is too expensive on gas. Don't have the Ranger yet, might be late October or November when I get that.

olfordsnstone 09-23-2007 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by 73f350sc
Well,
I was thinkin next weekend might be good if its not to short of notice...if it is we could go that next weekend.... either way either day haha.
-Chris

When I asked when you were thinking of going, I was preparing for a week long trip to San Clemente. Unfortunately, you didn't reply back quick enough for me to see your thoughts before I made the mad dash for the airport. I just returned home last night.
That would have worked out well, me just happening to be in the area. I wish I had a lap top that I could have logged on to FTE with, where I could have checked back in... Oh well, maybe next time. I do head down to Southern Cal from time to time. Probably not until next summer though.
Regards, Tim :-wink

73f350sc 09-24-2007 01:47 AM

Thats too bad Tim,
I know how it goes....dosent seem like we've been able to get things together for a while now...I guess thats just a side effect of our location....takes work to be one of the world's top economies haha.

We'll get it together soon enough....I know we're out there...the tricky bit is being in one spot at the same time.
-Chris

Nighteyez 09-24-2007 03:27 PM

California is ranked 8th in the world as far as economy. That puts it above quite a few countries. Blame it on WWII. Everyone came here for jobs building ships, and planes, and didn't leave when the war was over. Servicemen in the Pacific came back through here on their way home, and a lot of them stayed. they had to get jobs somewhere. :o