Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Competition (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum187/)
-   -   Proven Tranny! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/592833-proven-tranny.html)

Jocaren 03-19-2007 06:04 PM

Proven Tranny!

What is the #1 transmission hands down for the 6.0. I want a tranny thats going to hold at least 600 rwhp with no problem!Want t to last for rest of trucks life! I do not drag my truck often, i do haul heavy trailors and get on it a few times a day!

89300L64x4 03-20-2007 11:24 PM

in my opinoin its a 6sp manual with a pulling clutch

lukecline 03-21-2007 12:20 PM

he's got an auto, i doubt that he's wanting to swap a 6spd into a brand new truck.

Ive heard alot of good things about suncoast transmissions. Also BTS would be one to look at, but im not sure if they do anything for the torque shifts yet.

89300L64x4 03-21-2007 11:38 PM

oh ok, well id never heard any bad aftermarket trannys out there so if it was me id go with ats tranny

Welk49 05-28-2008 05:15 PM

Ask Brian at BTS if he doesn't work on them, then call SunCoast or John Wood.

bigtorque 07-07-2008 09:20 AM

stay far, far away from ATS........
their customer service is horrible, and ther 5R110 tranny is junk in my experience.
My buddy is on his second ATS in a 450 hp 6.0

Pkupman82 07-07-2008 12:17 PM

Probably won't fit your 6.0 but IMO it's definately the C6 that would be the toughest slushbox out there.

BowTieHatr 07-07-2008 12:55 PM

Sun Coast Converters Diesel Transmissions, Fort Walton Beach FL

call them. i have heard some good things about them.

halerazor 07-09-2008 11:46 PM

ats builds the best tranny's i've seen. brians truck shop is suppose to be good too. the tranny i saw on his(bts) site had a purple torque converter(ats). the best rule of thumb is find one of the good tranny builders and see which one is closest to you and go with them. autos seem to need some adjustment sometimes no matter who built it.

Pocket 07-21-2008 05:22 PM

ats builds the best tranny's i've seen
Read their warranty in detail and you'll find that they don't build the best transmissions. Also read the forums, you'll find they don't have the best reputation either. Trans problems, customer service problems, etc.

brians truck shop is suppose to be good too. the tranny i saw on his(bts) site had a purple torque converter(ats).
That purple torque converter you saw is a Precision Industries Stallion converter, not an ATS. The Stallion converter is bigger and stronger than the ATS one. The reason for the purple paint job is that it is a special paint that turns color when the torque converter is overheated. Quite a few companies use that paint, not just ATS.

autos seem to need some adjustment sometimes no matter who built it.
???? Mine has never needed an adjustment.

To the OP.... I know this thread was started over a year ago, but since that time Brian at BTS has now built a handful of 5r110's. There's a guy here in the Denver area running one with his 6.0L. I'm not sure if Brian is only building a select few, or if this is available to everyone. Might want to call and ask.

william_04_x 08-22-2008 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pocket (Post 6371510)
That purple torque converter you saw is a Precision Industries Stallion converter, not an ATS. The Stallion converter is bigger and stronger than the ATS one. The reason for the purple paint job is that it is a special paint that turns color when the torque converter is overheated. Quite a few companies use that paint, not just ATS.

Cool info...Rep for you...:-X22

bigtorque 08-25-2008 08:31 PM

Bts
John Wood
Hughes
Sun Coast
Ats

In That Order, From The Best On Down.