Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Competition (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum187/)
-   -   CAT and Toyota shareing publicity shots (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/589973-cat-and-toyota-shareing-publicity-shots.html)

jvoigt 03-12-2007 11:37 AM

CAT and Toyota shareing publicity shots

Ok I read in one of this Months Diesel magazine something that was interesting. Ok the new Tundra has been sharing publicity with CAT, One picture the Tundra is towing a flatbed trailer with a big CAT diesel on it and in another picture/reveal it had a flatbed trailer with a CAT utility vehicle...similar to a Bobcat. The Artical also pointed out that the Rear axle assembly is the same size as a 3/4 superduty, and that they suspect that 5.7L is not gonna be the only big output motor available for the Tundra........possibly a CAT Diesel?

I dont know about you guys but it would make me sick to my stomach to see/hear a CAT diesel in a Toyota Tundra, and not sick in the good way. I just wanted to share this info and how I felt about this possible CAT/Toyota deal.

glasseater 03-12-2007 08:53 PM

let's pray that this is just a rumor!

DD1684 03-13-2007 07:50 PM

People would buy Toyota trucks, wreck them on purpose, and save the engine to put in a Ford!!

FXFifty 03-13-2007 08:31 PM

Toyota putting a CAT diesel in their Tundra will make CAT more financially secure. More R&D capital from both Ford and Toyota into CAT means better diesel technology for everybody.

Engines to vehicle companies are like tires, seatbelts, windshields, paint, etc...it's just another part that they bolt into their chassis to try to make a profit. We don't complain that the seatbelt supplier that Ford uses is also used to supply the Tundra.

jvoigt 03-13-2007 09:08 PM

I the 25 years that I have lived on this earth I never expected Toyota to be so big that they would have a CAT as a engine option.....Toyota has come a long way.

If anybody thinks that I was complaining about CAT and Toyota they need to get a life and stop trying to peer farther into what I had to say.

glasseater 03-14-2007 05:20 PM

well CAT talking with Toyota actually says LESS about toyota... CAT would NOT work out a deal with ford because they don't produce enough of just one type of engine... they wouldn't be able to supply ford with the engines year after year after year, so this is showing that either toyota will have many different diesel options, or that they will not go all out in the diesel market for awhile

westtntrucker 03-18-2007 01:43 AM

Cat has said before that they in no way want to get into the light duty market. But, if you look on Navistars web sight, they admit to talking to Toyota. Hmmm.

glasseater 03-18-2007 07:10 PM

that's scary, but i do think that either bring the 7.3 back or get rid of navistar all together ;) but i will say that i havn't driven or even seen a 6.4 on the road yet, so idk how they are

jvoigt 03-18-2007 07:50 PM

I live in a small town in Montana and I have seen two 6.4's and the dealer has 3 2008's. I was surprised to see one on the road let alone two.

grant5127 03-18-2007 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by jvoigt
Ok I read in one of this Months Diesel magazine something that was interesting. Ok the new Tundra has been sharing publicity with CAT, One picture the Tundra is towing a flatbed trailer with a big CAT diesel on it and in another picture/reveal it had a flatbed trailer with a CAT utility vehicle...similar to a Bobcat. The Artical also pointed out that the Rear axle assembly is the same size as a 3/4 superduty, and that they suspect that 5.7L is not gonna be the only big output motor available for the Tundra........possibly a CAT Diesel?

I dont know about you guys but it would make me sick to my stomach to see/hear a CAT diesel in a Toyota Tundra, and not sick in the good way. I just wanted to share this info and how I felt about this possible CAT/Toyota deal.

You got a link to that information??

jvoigt 03-18-2007 08:27 PM

Ok so its the magazine= Dieselpower April 2007 VOL. 3, NO. 4 Page 56 "New tundra...with a deisel? More than just a 1/2 ton" and it goes to page 58....just a small blub on that page aswell.

jvoigt 03-18-2007 08:38 PM

I dont know it it is posted at there site but here is there address www.dieselpowermag.com well I looked on their site and couldnt find it there but it is definatly mentioned in the Mag.

grant5127 03-18-2007 10:06 PM

A friend of mine is associated in the San Antonio plant and he claims the motor is a Hino with Isuzu technology supporting it... the reason Toyota bought portions of Isuzu late last year...... I can't buy the Cat thing @ all, although they might being to steal info from them, that wouldn't surprize me! you know how ....... Sorry! I have Pearl Harbor ties, that haven't died yet......Removed by Admin: inappropriate racial comment

jvoigt 03-18-2007 10:36 PM

HAHA No problem...

nico963 03-19-2007 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by jvoigt

Also if you notice on the one Tundra commercial where they race down the strip and stop right before the truck goes off the cliff,If you look in the background there is a new CAT 345c excavator put perfectly in the shot right next to the Tundra.