Competition Diesel racing, sleds, dynos, power tuning and max performance.

CAT and Toyota shareing publicity shots

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 11:37 AM
jvoigt
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy CAT and Toyota shareing publicity shots

Ok I read in one of this Months Diesel magazine something that was interesting. Ok the new Tundra has been sharing publicity with CAT, One picture the Tundra is towing a flatbed trailer with a big CAT diesel on it and in another picture/reveal it had a flatbed trailer with a CAT utility vehicle...similar to a Bobcat. The Artical also pointed out that the Rear axle assembly is the same size as a 3/4 superduty, and that they suspect that 5.7L is not gonna be the only big output motor available for the Tundra........possibly a CAT Diesel?

I dont know about you guys but it would make me sick to my stomach to see/hear a CAT diesel in a Toyota Tundra, and not sick in the good way. I just wanted to share this info and how I felt about this possible CAT/Toyota deal.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:53 PM
glasseater
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
let's pray that this is just a rumor!

Old 03-13-2007, 07:50 PM
DD1684
Elder User
People would buy Toyota trucks, wreck them on purpose, and save the engine to put in a Ford!!

Old 03-13-2007, 08:31 PM
FXFifty
New User
Toyota putting a CAT diesel in their Tundra will make CAT more financially secure. More R&D capital from both Ford and Toyota into CAT means better diesel technology for everybody.

Engines to vehicle companies are like tires, seatbelts, windshields, paint, etc...it's just another part that they bolt into their chassis to try to make a profit. We don't complain that the seatbelt supplier that Ford uses is also used to supply the Tundra.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:08 PM
jvoigt
Posting Guru
I the 25 years that I have lived on this earth I never expected Toyota to be so big that they would have a CAT as a engine option.....Toyota has come a long way.

If anybody thinks that I was complaining about CAT and Toyota they need to get a life and stop trying to peer farther into what I had to say.

Old 03-14-2007, 05:20 PM
glasseater
Posting Guru
well CAT talking with Toyota actually says LESS about toyota... CAT would NOT work out a deal with ford because they don't produce enough of just one type of engine... they wouldn't be able to supply ford with the engines year after year after year, so this is showing that either toyota will have many different diesel options, or that they will not go all out in the diesel market for awhile

Old 03-18-2007, 01:43 AM
westtntrucker
Posting Guru
Cat has said before that they in no way want to get into the light duty market. But, if you look on Navistars web sight, they admit to talking to Toyota. Hmmm.

Old 03-18-2007, 07:10 PM
glasseater
Posting Guru
that's scary, but i do think that either bring the 7.3 back or get rid of navistar all together but i will say that i havn't driven or even seen a 6.4 on the road yet, so idk how they are

Old 03-18-2007, 07:50 PM
jvoigt
Posting Guru
I live in a small town in Montana and I have seen two 6.4's and the dealer has 3 2008's. I was surprised to see one on the road let alone two.

Old 03-18-2007, 08:16 PM
grant5127
Senior User
Originally Posted by jvoigt
Ok I read in one of this Months Diesel magazine something that was interesting. Ok the new Tundra has been sharing publicity with CAT, One picture the Tundra is towing a flatbed trailer with a big CAT diesel on it and in another picture/reveal it had a flatbed trailer with a CAT utility vehicle...similar to a Bobcat. The Artical also pointed out that the Rear axle assembly is the same size as a 3/4 superduty, and that they suspect that 5.7L is not gonna be the only big output motor available for the Tundra........possibly a CAT Diesel?

I dont know about you guys but it would make me sick to my stomach to see/hear a CAT diesel in a Toyota Tundra, and not sick in the good way. I just wanted to share this info and how I felt about this possible CAT/Toyota deal.
You got a link to that information??

Old 03-18-2007, 08:27 PM
jvoigt
Posting Guru
Ok so its the magazine= Dieselpower April 2007 VOL. 3, NO. 4 Page 56 "New tundra...with a deisel? More than just a 1/2 ton" and it goes to page 58....just a small blub on that page aswell.

Last edited by jvoigt; 03-18-2007 at 08:37 PM.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:38 PM
jvoigt
Posting Guru
I dont know it it is posted at there site but here is there address www.dieselpowermag.com well I looked on their site and couldnt find it there but it is definatly mentioned in the Mag.

Last edited by jvoigt; 03-18-2007 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:06 PM
grant5127
Senior User
A friend of mine is associated in the San Antonio plant and he claims the motor is a Hino with Isuzu technology supporting it... the reason Toyota bought portions of Isuzu late last year...... I can't buy the Cat thing @ all, although they might being to steal info from them, that wouldn't surprize me! you know how ....... Sorry! I have Pearl Harbor ties, that haven't died yet......Removed by Admin: inappropriate racial comment

Last edited by IB Tim; 03-19-2007 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Removed: you know how those squint eyed yellow devils are
Old 03-18-2007, 10:36 PM
jvoigt
Posting Guru
HAHA No problem...

Old 03-19-2007, 11:48 AM
nico963
Fleet Mechanic
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by jvoigt

Also if you notice on the one Tundra commercial where they race down the strip and stop right before the truck goes off the cliff,If you look in the background there is a new CAT 345c excavator put perfectly in the shot right next to the Tundra.

Last edited by nico963; 03-19-2007 at 11:53 AM.

Quick Reply: CAT and Toyota shareing publicity shots