Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New York Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum87/)
-   -   Here's some very POSITIVE news form the Assemblywoman who introduced this bill! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/477672-heres-some-very-positive-news-form-the-assemblywoman-who-introduced-this-bill.html)

86moneypit 04-02-2006 07:18 AM

Heres another question to ask ... they say they want to ban grill guards, what about the people that put the bull bar on the bottom near the liscence plate, or those who have the pre-runner bar for auxillary lights. And then what about the bars that you can buy to go accross the back bumper for extra lights. Do those also count as grill guards?

Kenneth

Ronin007 04-02-2006 07:53 PM

Kenneth - good question. Personally I don't want to take a chance and would assume that they are included in the definition. If they don't include it in this bill I wouldn't put it past them to ban them the next go round. The bill is written poorly and no one is getting back to us with where or how this study was done (if one was truly done). That is the reason why I am still dead set against conceding on anything at this point.

cowlady 04-02-2006 09:26 PM

I have an idea. What if they made a special classification for us? We could have passenger, commercial & sportsman or off road? Then we would change the way we register & the plates we'd have BUT - can you just picture 1 of the richy rich ALLOWING a license plate on THEIR luxury SUV that labeled them as a redneck off roader? They'd even object to a COMMERCIAL status! Well, if they DIDN'T register that way then they wouldn't be allowed to have a brush guard!
Right now, the state is looking the issue over because of the PRESSURE being put on them from some downstate group. We need to come up with IDEAS/SUGGESTIONS for the state to consider! Come on guys - THINK!. Complaints & opposition ain't gonna cut it! We need to think outside the guard, er I mean box! We need to GUARD our GUARDS & not let our GUARD down! :)

ken75ranger 04-03-2006 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by cowlady
I have an idea. What if they made a special classification for us? We could have passenger, commercial & sportsman or off road? Then we would change the way we register & the plates we'd have BUT - can you just picture 1 of the richy rich ALLOWING a license plate on THEIR luxury SUV that labeled them as a redneck off roader? They'd even object to a COMMERCIAL status! Well, if they DIDN'T register that way then they wouldn't be allowed to have a brush guard!
Right now, the state is looking the issue over because of the PRESSURE being put on them from some downstate group. We need to come up with IDEAS/SUGGESTIONS for the state to consider! Come on guys - THINK!. Complaints & opposition ain't gonna cut it! We need to think outside the guard, er I mean box! We need to GUARD our GUARDS & not let our GUARD down! :)

Questions and compliants will most assuredly work. Remember the short lived 3 times zones in a month inspection? It went bye-bye due to public pressure. I can easily picture a h2 owner buying a sportsman's plate so he can say "look I'm a real offroader". I don't like shooting down your idea but I don't like an regulation without the facts. We still need the name of this mysterious "downstate group" and where they came up with their data. For us to counter the attack of this downstate group we need facts. Thinking up ideas without them is just burning rubber.

cowlady 04-03-2006 12:59 PM

I agree & will try again to get the name of the group. I checked NHTSA & www.ihhs.org & came up empty. Maybe there isn't any data?????

ken75ranger 04-03-2006 06:29 PM

I appreciate all your efforts cowlady! Those are exactly the feds that should have the data on injuries. I really think that this downstate group is starting to smell fishy. I'm sure their data is "look what that brushguard did to my car".

Ronin007 04-03-2006 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by ken75ranger
We still need the name of this mysterious "downstate group" and where they came up with their data. For us to counter the attack of this downstate group we need facts. Thinking up ideas without them is just burning rubber.

Ang - this is exacty what I was getting at in my posts too. I think it is futile to come up with ideas without knowing what we are fighting against. We need the data and if Assemblywoman Field's office can't provide the data or the group's name that came up with the data I find that suspect and question their sincerity in helping us.

In the meantime I am putting my efforts into pursuing other avenues to get data either to prove or disprove their so-called data. I will update everyone when I have some more time and more concrete information from my sources.