Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum168/)
-   -   Running Waste Lard????? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/474443-running-waste-lard.html)

Orpackrat 03-20-2006 04:48 AM

Running Waste Lard?????

I am currently informing my uncle about running WVO and he wants to know if there is a way to run waste lard? http://images.ford-trucks.com/forums...s/confused.gif

ford390gashog 03-20-2006 04:58 AM

lard is way to thick.

fabmandelux 03-20-2006 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Orpackrat
I am currently informing my uncle about running WVO and he wants to know if there is a way to run waste lard? http://images.ford-trucks.com/forums...s/confused.gif

No..........But you can make biodiesel out of it.

FABMANDELUX.:-X25 :-fire

Orpackrat 03-20-2006 08:11 AM

Thanks, I will let him know. If I research and build myself a Bio or WVO system and teach and inform him on how too I can have easy access to WVO (several hundred gallons at a time) he own a WVO tank and as a side job collects and disposes of it. I am trying to lean as much as possible for us both. Thanks alot.

fabmandelux 03-20-2006 09:14 AM

Thanks, I will let him know. If I research and build myself a Bio or WVO system and teach and inform him on how too I can have easy access to WVO (several hundred gallons at a time) he own a WVO tank and as a side job collects and disposes of it. I am trying to lean as much as possible for us both. Thanks alot.

Would you and your uncle be open to a deal? I haul about 300 gal a month from a gentleman in southern Washington and give him back 100 gal of filtered biodiesel. I haul mostly from northern Oregon, but was going to take a trip to central Oregon to look for more oil. I would be willing to talk with you guys about making bio for you also. That way you would not have to make it yourself.

Orpackrat 03-20-2006 04:09 PM

I am currently going to school at OIT in Klamath Falls. This summer I will be living with my parents working, going to school, and converting my truck. My parents live in Salem OR and my uncle lives in Gresham OR. That sounds like a good offer I have just emailed him your post to see what he thinks. Thanks.

Orpackrat 03-20-2006 11:38 PM

I can give you his emal address so you can work ot the details FABMANDELUX. I can post it here or email you directly, which do you prefer? This was his resoponse to your post. Yes I am interested in working out something.. We could talk about tanks and when and where to meet up.

I have access to many restaraunts.. we would have to see how many are using vegetable oil.

Let me know, thanks.

fabmandelux 03-21-2006 07:03 AM

I can give you his emal address so you can work ot the details FABMANDELUX. I can post it here or email you directly, which do you prefer? This was his resoponse to your post. Yes I am interested in working out something.. We could talk about tanks and when and where to meet up.

I have access to many restaraunts.. we would have to see how many are using vegetable oil.

Let me know, thanks.

Great! Send me a PM with his email add or his phone # and I'll get in touch with him.

:-D FABMANDELUX.:-X25 :-fire

jimkidd 03-21-2006 08:20 AM

fabman, when are you gonna come to arkansas and teach me? but really, you could teach a bunch of us how to do what you are doing.

jimbo

fabmandelux 03-26-2006 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by jimkidd
fabman, when are you gonna come to arkansas and teach me? but really, you could teach a bunch of us how to do what you are doing.

jimbo

Ain't gonna happen bro.................I lived in arkansas [ Tontitown,Arkansas] NOT going back in my lifetime:-D You guys have bugs down there that should be required to have running lights! I like to ride my Indian at night, got real tired of dodging insects the size of turkeys!:D

[orpackrat]: Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Been out of town most of the week. Thanks for PMing me with your Uncles email add. Will email him tonight!

fabmandelux 03-30-2006 06:43 AM

Let me know, thanks.

Orpackrat: I sent you a PM on monday and received no reply, did you get it? I sent an email to your uncle but yahoo said it was a closed account. Please PM me.

fabmandelux 03-31-2006 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by fabmandelux
Orpackrat: I sent you a PM on monday and received no reply, did you get it? I sent an email to your uncle but yahoo said it was a closed account. Please PM me.

Hello...........Orpackrat..........are you still there?

Orpackrat 04-01-2006 10:51 AM

I am still here I have been gone for the week and some for spring break and WESTEC (a manufacturing show of around 600 different exhibtors). New tools and equipment for making things more efficient, I recommend going to future events (it was in Los Angeles CA in the convention center, 25 hours on the train one way).

fabmandelux 04-03-2006 06:50 AM

I am still here I have been gone for the week and some for spring break and WESTEC (a manufacturing show of around 600 different exhibtors). New tools and equipment for making things more efficient, I recommend going to future events (it was in Los Angeles CA in the convention center, 25 hours on the train one way).

:-wink Glad your back Packrat, Got your PM and will wait to hear from your uncle. I don't DO california anymore, to many years of driving semi down there. Those people are CRAZY:-X20 :-D

Orpackrat 04-03-2006 08:30 AM

If I do not hear from him in a few more days, I will try and call him. Are you sure that they are just crazy, I have a few relitives in CA and they are a little more than just crazy. I like to avoid driving and going to CA when possible except for special events and family reunions.