Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-20-2006, 04:48 AM
Senior User

Orpackrat is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question Running Waste Lard?????

I am currently informing my uncle about running WVO and he wants to know if there is a way to run waste lard? Click the image to open in full size.
Manual Glow Plugs
Converting to run WVO, almost there.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:58 AM
Post Fiend

ford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to all
lard is way to thick.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:05 AM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpackrat
I am currently informing my uncle about running WVO and he wants to know if there is a way to run waste lard? Click the image to open in full size.
No..........But you can make biodiesel out of it.

FABMANDELUX.

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 03-20-2006, 08:11 AM
Senior User

Thanks, I will let him know. If I research and build myself a Bio or WVO system and teach and inform him on how too I can have easy access to WVO (several hundred gallons at a time) he own a WVO tank and as a side job collects and disposes of it. I am trying to lean as much as possible for us both. Thanks alot.
Manual Glow Plugs
Old 03-20-2006, 09:14 AM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Quote:
Thanks, I will let him know. If I research and build myself a Bio or WVO system and teach and inform him on how too I can have easy access to WVO (several hundred gallons at a time) he own a WVO tank and as a side job collects and disposes of it. I am trying to lean as much as possible for us both. Thanks alot.
Would you and your uncle be open to a deal? I haul about 300 gal a month from a gentleman in southern Washington and give him back 100 gal of filtered biodiesel. I haul mostly from northern Oregon, but was going to take a trip to central Oregon to look for more oil. I would be willing to talk with you guys about making bio for you also. That way you would not have to make it yourself.

FABMANDELUX.

Old 03-20-2006, 04:09 PM
Senior User

I am currently going to school at OIT in Klamath Falls. This summer I will be living with my parents working, going to school, and converting my truck. My parents live in Salem OR and my uncle lives in Gresham OR. That sounds like a good offer I have just emailed him your post to see what he thinks. Thanks.
Manual Glow Plugs
Old 03-20-2006, 11:38 PM
Senior User

I can give you his emal address so you can work ot the details FABMANDELUX. I can post it here or email you directly, which do you prefer? This was his resoponse to your post. Yes I am interested in working out something.. We could talk about tanks and when and where to meet up.

I have access to many restaraunts.. we would have to see how many are using vegetable oil.

Let me know, thanks.
Manual Glow Plugs
Old 03-21-2006, 07:03 AM

Quote:
I can give you his emal address so you can work ot the details FABMANDELUX. I can post it here or email you directly, which do you prefer? This was his resoponse to your post. Yes I am interested in working out something.. We could talk about tanks and when and where to meet up.

I have access to many restaraunts.. we would have to see how many are using vegetable oil.

Let me know, thanks.
Great! Send me a PM with his email add or his phone # and I'll get in touch with him.

FABMANDELUX.

Old 03-21-2006, 08:20 AM
Elder User

jimkidd is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jimkidd is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
fabman, when are you gonna come to arkansas and teach me? but really, you could teach a bunch of us how to do what you are doing.

jimbo

WANTED: Someone to go back in time with me. You'll get
paid after we getback. Must bring your own weapons.
Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before.
www.jimkidd.com
Old 03-26-2006, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkidd
fabman, when are you gonna come to arkansas and teach me? but really, you could teach a bunch of us how to do what you are doing.

jimbo
Ain't gonna happen bro.................I lived in arkansas [ Tontitown,Arkansas] NOT going back in my lifetime You guys have bugs down there that should be required to have running lights! I like to ride my Indian at night, got real tired of dodging insects the size of turkeys!

[orpackrat]: Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Been out of town most of the week. Thanks for PMing me with your Uncles email add. Will email him tonight!

FABMANDELUX.

Old 03-30-2006, 06:43 AM

Quote:

Let me know, thanks.
Orpackrat: I sent you a PM on monday and received no reply, did you get it? I sent an email to your uncle but yahoo said it was a closed account. Please PM me.

FABMANDELUX.

Old 03-31-2006, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabmandelux
Orpackrat: I sent you a PM on monday and received no reply, did you get it? I sent an email to your uncle but yahoo said it was a closed account. Please PM me.

FABMANDELUX.
Hello...........Orpackrat..........are you still there?

Old 04-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Senior User

I am still here I have been gone for the week and some for spring break and WESTEC (a manufacturing show of around 600 different exhibtors). New tools and equipment for making things more efficient, I recommend going to future events (it was in Los Angeles CA in the convention center, 25 hours on the train one way).
Manual Glow Plugs
Old 04-03-2006, 06:50 AM

Quote:
I am still here I have been gone for the week and some for spring break and WESTEC (a manufacturing show of around 600 different exhibtors). New tools and equipment for making things more efficient, I recommend going to future events (it was in Los Angeles CA in the convention center, 25 hours on the train one way).

Glad your back Packrat, Got your PM and will wait to hear from your uncle. I don't DO california anymore, to many years of driving semi down there. Those people are CRAZY

FABMANDELUX.

Old 04-03-2006, 08:30 AM
Senior User

If I do not hear from him in a few more days, I will try and call him. Are you sure that they are just crazy, I have a few relitives in CA and they are a little more than just crazy. I like to avoid driving and going to CA when possible except for special events and family reunions.
Manual Glow Plugs
Old 04-03-2006, 08:30 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels

Tags
alternative, ar, davidson, diesel, engine, f150, ford, fuels, harley, lard, motor, run, running, tontitown, truxk