Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum168/)
-   -   BioDiesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/366414-biodiesel.html)

RAT03USMC 04-19-2005 01:33 PM

and if a retailer sells B2 Is that just a straight fill up the tank and go? Same retailer sells B2, B20, AND B100? Math wasnt my strongest subject.. So I am opting to stay in the Marine Corps til they kick me out!! Thanks for the help... RAT

Frobozz 04-19-2005 01:37 PM

Bx means x% of biodiesel, and 100-x% of normal diesel. So if you had 100 gallons of B2, that would be 2 gallons of straight biodiesel mixed with 98 gallons of petroleum diesel.

Just fill up the tank and go, at any percent, with a couple of caveats:

-- pre-1995ish vehicles may have natural rubber in the system and high percentages of biodiesel could soften it and cause leaks. (B2 or B5 would be fine with no changes though.)

-- If you have a Powerstroke that's still in its 5/100K warranty period and you care about your warranty, you won't go over the 5% (B5) that Ford warns about.

Duncan

firesoutmatt 04-19-2005 04:23 PM

Ordered 300 gal tank and pump will be here Friday.Will run B2 to start and if she likes it will go to B5.After warranty runs out may go higher.Will post mileage and driveabilty of this new 05 with 622 miles on her.

bigredtruckmi 04-19-2005 06:17 PM

:-X22 Glade to hear you found a supplier in your area. Did you see the post I put up with the web site so you could see what was in my fuel?

firesoutmatt 04-19-2005 08:58 PM

Yes Thanks BigRed I'm getting a print out when they deliver mine and will compare.I know its premium fuel and has cetane over 50.I think just that fact will help in the driveabilty

RAT03USMC 04-20-2005 11:13 AM

So other than that, there are no major upgrades that I have to do to my 6.0 PSTD to run Bio? Thank you for your calculation help because there are several Bio Diesel retailers in Northern Va, and MD, plus there is a Coupon for a half rebate from MD soybean Farmers for purchasing in MD. Gotta take all I can with these gas prices.

RAT

bigredtruckmi 04-20-2005 05:30 PM

firesoutmatt, It sounds like you will be using the same fuel. :)I really like it.

YES all you do is fill up if it less than 5% if more than 5% you will need to do some math and mixing to get the right blend.8D

firesoutmatt 05-01-2005 05:45 PM

Biodiesel

:) Well I got my tank of B2 with primier diesel and after 20 miles my truck runs better and quiet now. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't do it.All I can say is WoW. I think my mileage should improve because it seems to run better. I will see what mileage is after a couple of tanks full.:-X25

If anybody is thinking of useing it you should try it and you will see for yourself.

bigredtruckmi 05-02-2005 08:10 PM

:-X22 I was wondering how things was going with the biodiesel. Sounds like the same fuel only different company. Check your exhaust pipe in a hundred or so miles. You'll see a difference in the pipe on the inside. You'll see the actual pipe not soot.:-D