Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-14-2005, 07:21 PM
Posting Guru

firesoutmatt is starting off with a positive reputation.
BioDiesel

Anybody useing BioDiesel B2 ? If so what kind of results?
Old 04-14-2005, 08:04 PM
Postmaster

bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.
firesoutmatt did you do a biodiesel search. There is a lot of discussion on this and serveal other points of interest.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:09 PM
Posting Guru

Biodiesel

Yeah I serched a couple sites and didn't find many that have used it.I think your the only person so far that has used it or even know what it is.I did get a dealer close to me and will call tommorrow.Theres no one with-in 45 miles that sell it at the pump so I might just get it delivered to my shop. Thanks for all the info BigRed and hopefully someone will chime in soon.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:14 PM
Postmaster

bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.
I am in my 6th year of using the biodiesel product in everything and have had no problems. In fact when I used #2 last weekend the exhaust pipe on our 04 turned black and sooty. Got the bio back into its system and the tailpipe looks like right from the factory clean.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:04 AM
Postmaster

SBV45 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Bigredtruckmi,

Do you use a mix of biodiesel and dino diesel or do you use straight biodiesel?

2013 F-150 Lariat Supercrew 4X4, 5.0, 3.55 electronic lock rear axle, 7350 GVWR,
2009 Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.0 V6 4X4.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:48 AM
Site Administrator

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
bigredtruckmi ...YES please tell us more
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

When you are down...look up...get up...and don't ever give up....
Old 04-16-2005, 03:18 PM
Postmaster

Ok - I use a premium #2 and soy based product with extra cetane (makes it a 51) this comes from my fuel provider. They call it soydiesel with extra cetane. It has 2% soy added to it. I am very happy with it and since I grow soybeans I use what I produce. I have 6 diesels here on the farm from a 1965 farm tractor to the 04- 6.0. And an old cummins 335 in my old semi. In fact with the semi I don't smoke like I did before with #2. I pay all the taxes and just keep track of what is used on the farm and get rebated at the end of the year for the farm taxes.

I also like the smell from the exhause. It isn't rank like #2 it has kind of a sweet smell. My wife likes it because we have an attached garage and it doesn't smell like #2 did. Environmentally it is just better.

If you go to www.biodiesel.org I think the specs are there. If anyone wants more detail on the fuel and the specs just private msg me and I'll send the web site to the fuel company.
Old 04-16-2005, 05:33 PM
Site Administrator

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
I want some.....~
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Old 04-16-2005, 08:56 PM
Postmaster

Sorry to say according to the web site. There are no retail outlets in your area. Nearest is Tucson or Phoenix AZ.
Old 04-16-2005, 09:03 PM
Postmaster

But I just found a distributer in your city Tim- Ever ready Oil Co. 505-842-6120 Says handles all blends of Biodiesel.
Old 04-16-2005, 09:08 PM
Postmaster

firesoutmatt check the biodiesel web site under distributers there might be one near you who will sell it by the drum.
Old 04-17-2005, 09:32 AM
Site Administrator

WOW that is cool....since I am totaly new the biodiesel..."thought" what do I need to do...

Old 04-17-2005, 10:13 AM
Postmaster

If they blend it with the diesel (in house) just ask them if they have B2 hopefully they have an extra cetane blend and you fill up and drive off and enjoy. It does give more power. It will take about 1/2 tank before you will notice it. Ford says NOT to go over 5% or B5 blend in the 6.0 don't know for sure why but there must be some reason. There is a service bulletin out on it but I haven't seen it just was told about it by service dept.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:35 AM
Posting Guru

Something about the Bio at highier % makes the tips of the injectors turn to plastic but don't quote me on that.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:34 AM
Elder User

DD1684 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Do your trucks sound different when using Bio Diesel?
Old 04-17-2005, 11:34 AM