Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Hampshire Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum158/)
-   -   Hi folks...I'm in Nashua, NH (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/358682-hi-folks-im-in-nashua-nh.html)

pamstoy 03-23-2005 07:56 AM

Hi folks...I'm in Nashua, NH

Hi, I moved here from the west coast and am having a problem finding a good repair shop. I am having some tranny problems right now. I have a 93' Ford Explorer XLT. I have done some mod's to it myself. I have never really trusted shops...being a girl does not help when dealing with some guys in the East. I am just looking for some info on shops, parts stores and a few junk-yards around the area. I like to work on my rig...that way I can only bitch at myself if something goes wrong but being honest some things I can't get a handle on...like the tranny work. Thanks for any input you folks give and hi.

7283-F250 03-23-2005 08:44 AM

Welcome again...

You got a PM.

Rover 03-24-2005 12:23 PM

Mechanics

Hi,
I too live in Nashua and although my '02 Ranger has had little need for a mechanic, I've taken all my cars to Lowell St. Automotive for the last 10-15 years. Steve and Scott (father and son team) do a great job and I don't know if you could find a more honest, hard working bunch. Their work is excellent and they are both "Ford guys." Steve drives an F-150 and Scott has a Ranger that he's thinking of trading for an F-250. You can mention my name (Bob Dufresne) but I don't think it'll get you anything! They give great service to all their customers and as far as being a woman is concerned, my wife says they treat her very fair. There aren't many junk yards around that I can think of... there is one in Merrimack across from the American Legion Hall, but the name escapes me. Good luck and welcome to NH!

pamstoy 03-25-2005 07:14 AM

I just wanted to write "Thank you" for all the info recieved about place's to check out about my rig. I have nothing but good things to say about the people of Nashua. The town is a very welcome place and I am happy that I decided to move here. I am starting to become a "Fan" of the area. Thank you all for the help.

Ssqtch 03-29-2005 11:32 AM

Hey, I'm from Nashua too. I bought my truck at Gladstone in Derry, on route 102. I trust them and they actually have a truck shop separate from the main shop. And if your up for a drive, there are some good pick and pulls down towards Worcester, MA (pronounced Woosta). and there's one that I know of in Derry, NH too.
Welcome to NH.

Steve91 03-29-2005 02:55 PM

Rover, are you thinking of Majestic? Prices there are pretty high. There are several yards in Billerica and Lowell, too. Then there is Brandy Brow on the Haverhill/Plaistow line. They are open all day on Saturday, and until 3:00 on Sunday.

robduval 04-10-2005 01:21 AM

there are a whole bunch of places around the area. gladstone is the only dealer in the area that i would trust as for bone yards you have heberts which is decent the wilsons is also a good yard to find stuff in. if you don't mind the travel jack's is ok as well. i'm in brookline nh but originaly from hudson.