Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > New Hampshire Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2005, 07:56 AM
New User

pamstoy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hi folks...I'm in Nashua, NH

Hi, I moved here from the west coast and am having a problem finding a good repair shop. I am having some tranny problems right now. I have a 93' Ford Explorer XLT. I have done some mod's to it myself. I have never really trusted shops...being a girl does not help when dealing with some guys in the East. I am just looking for some info on shops, parts stores and a few junk-yards around the area. I like to work on my rig...that way I can only bitch at myself if something goes wrong but being honest some things I can't get a handle on...like the tranny work. Thanks for any input you folks give and hi.

Last edited by pamstoy; 03-23-2005 at 07:58 AM.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:44 AM
NH Chapter Lead Pawn

7283-F250 is a name known to all7283-F250 is a name known to all7283-F250 is a name known to all7283-F250 is a name known to all7283-F250 is a name known to all7283-F250 is a name known to all
Welcome again...

You got a PM.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:23 PM
New User

Rover is starting off with a positive reputation.
Smile Mechanics

Hi,
I too live in Nashua and although my '02 Ranger has had little need for a mechanic, I've taken all my cars to Lowell St. Automotive for the last 10-15 years. Steve and Scott (father and son team) do a great job and I don't know if you could find a more honest, hard working bunch. Their work is excellent and they are both "Ford guys." Steve drives an F-150 and Scott has a Ranger that he's thinking of trading for an F-250. You can mention my name (Bob Dufresne) but I don't think it'll get you anything! They give great service to all their customers and as far as being a woman is concerned, my wife says they treat her very fair. There aren't many junk yards around that I can think of... there is one in Merrimack across from the American Legion Hall, but the name escapes me. Good luck and welcome to NH!
Old 03-25-2005, 07:14 AM
New User

pamstoy is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just wanted to write "Thank you" for all the info recieved about place's to check out about my rig. I have nothing but good things to say about the people of Nashua. The town is a very welcome place and I am happy that I decided to move here. I am starting to become a "Fan" of the area. Thank you all for the help.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:32 AM
Senior User

Ssqtch is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey, I'm from Nashua too. I bought my truck at Gladstone in Derry, on route 102. I trust them and they actually have a truck shop separate from the main shop. And if your up for a drive, there are some good pick and pulls down towards Worcester, MA (pronounced Woosta). and there's one that I know of in Derry, NH too.
Welcome to NH.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:55 PM
Senior User

Steve91 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Rover, are you thinking of Majestic? Prices there are pretty high. There are several yards in Billerica and Lowell, too. Then there is Brandy Brow on the Haverhill/Plaistow line. They are open all day on Saturday, and until 3:00 on Sunday.
Old 04-10-2005, 01:21 AM
Senior User

robduval is starting off with a positive reputation.
there are a whole bunch of places around the area. gladstone is the only dealer in the area that i would trust as for bone yards you have heberts which is decent the wilsons is also a good yard to find stuff in. if you don't mind the travel jack's is ok as well. i'm in brookline nh but originaly from hudson.
Old 04-10-2005, 01:21 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > New Hampshire Chapter

Tags
bob, dufresne, ford, junk, majestic, merrimack, motors, nashua, nh, problems, repair, scrap, truck, yard, yards