Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1997 - 2003 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum25/)
-   -   What does STX stand for ?> (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/240454-what-does-stx-stand-for.html)

drobeski 05-14-2004 01:05 PM

What does STX stand for ?>

I just purchased a 1998 F150 xlt lariat and there are large STX stickers on the bed. What does that stand for ?

Rambo 05-14-2004 01:54 PM

There are a couple different rating to tell what your truck came with stock from the factory.

There is XL, then STX, then XLT and then FX4.

Unforunately, I'm not sure what each package contains. I thought XL didn't have much at all, STX pretty much just has a radio and power locks, and XLT has all that and power windows. FX4 has upgraded shocks, I do believe. However, if yours is a Lariat, I can't imagine it not having power windows just because it is an STX...

david.brady 05-14-2004 04:18 PM

You should check out the official ford site for the details. I think what was said is pretty much right though. 'Cept for the fact that there are price differences as well.

HomerWinzlow 05-14-2004 06:17 PM

Sport Truck Extra or something... Edit, well looking at Kelly Blue book it shows Lariat avaliable with STX package.

STX Edition F-150 - A sporty, sleek look at the right price.
Available in Regular Cab or SuperCab packages; 4x2 or 4x4, 5½' or 6½' box packages; Styleside or Flareside

In addition to the standard features on every F-150 model, listed below are a few of the STX features that differentiate it from XL.
Sleek monotone appearance with body color front and body color rear step bumper and grille surround
AM/FM Stereo with single CD player
Optional audiophile system with 6-disc in-dash CD changer and subwoofer
Unique 17” sport cast aluminum wheels

This was a description for 1993

BlueOvalFitter 05-15-2004 08:18 PM

STX= Seems Too Xpensive? :-wow

kermit 05-15-2004 08:20 PM

i have always wondered that as well, i had a '92 stx ranger..pwr windows and locks, but manual and no a/c....4.0 v6. i liked it till the hydraulic clutch went, but i always figured it was some kind of sport package

LxMan1 05-16-2004 01:07 PM

Paically it is the same as the Sport option, body colored bumpers. Some different years had different little goodies as well. The 03's had a Kenwood mp3/cd player, 17" chrome wheels, and a black billet-styled grill. It also has round fog lights on a different front facia.

aldridgec 05-16-2004 06:03 PM

STX, added by previous owner.

The STX is a sport pacakge that typically has body color bumpers. It shouldn't be on a regular production Lariat.

cvenable20 05-26-2007 08:54 PM

Ummmm, stx is really just a body style like everyone else says i have one too mine is an 04 single cab but as far as the inside goes it doesn't mean anything i got manual windows n locks, standard trans., and even a cassette player in mine when i got it. but the outside does fit the personality of a 23 y/o single male.

SubmoRanger_92 11-13-2008 08:33 PM

Hi, new to the site, thought this may be a good place to start!

My buddy and I just picked up a 92 ranger STX and it makes me think that back then it was the equivalent to todays FX4 packages...

Its got the 4.0 in it , 4wd , power windows , door locks, and there's a skid plate under the gas tank...

I've been wondering about this whole stx thing since i first laid eyes on one....:-X0A6