Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 1997 - 2003 F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1997 - 2003 F150 1997-2003 F150, 1997-1999 F250LD, 7700 & 2004 F150 Heritage SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-14-2004, 01:05 PM
New User

drobeski is starting off with a positive reputation.
What does STX stand for ?>

I just purchased a 1998 F150 xlt lariat and there are large STX stickers on the bed. What does that stand for ?
Old 05-14-2004, 01:54 PM
Senior User

Rambo is starting off with a positive reputation.
There are a couple different rating to tell what your truck came with stock from the factory.

There is XL, then STX, then XLT and then FX4.

Unforunately, I'm not sure what each package contains. I thought XL didn't have much at all, STX pretty much just has a radio and power locks, and XLT has all that and power windows. FX4 has upgraded shocks, I do believe. However, if yours is a Lariat, I can't imagine it not having power windows just because it is an STX...
Old 05-14-2004, 04:18 PM
Elder User

david.brady is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
David Brady
You should check out the official ford site for the details. I think what was said is pretty much right though. 'Cept for the fact that there are price differences as well.
Old 05-14-2004, 06:17 PM
Postmaster

HomerWinzlow is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.HomerWinzlow is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Sport Truck Extra or something... Edit, well looking at Kelly Blue book it shows Lariat avaliable with STX package.

STX Edition F-150 - A sporty, sleek look at the right price.
Available in Regular Cab or SuperCab packages; 4x2 or 4x4, 5˝' or 6˝' box packages; Styleside or Flareside

In addition to the standard features on every F-150 model, listed below are a few of the STX features that differentiate it from XL.
Sleek monotone appearance with body color front and body color rear step bumper and grille surround
AM/FM Stereo with single CD player
Optional audiophile system with 6-disc in-dash CD changer and subwoofer
Unique 17” sport cast aluminum wheels

This was a description for 1993

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!!

My Missing Michelle

Last edited by HomerWinzlow; 05-14-2004 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-15-2004, 08:18 PM
Posting Guru

BlueOvalFitter is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
STX= Seems Too Xpensive?
Old 05-15-2004, 08:20 PM
Elder User

kermit is starting off with a positive reputation.
i have always wondered that as well, i had a '92 stx ranger..pwr windows and locks, but manual and no a/c....4.0 v6. i liked it till the hydraulic clutch went, but i always figured it was some kind of sport package

2000 F250 Lariat, V10

"10 in the tank, 4 on the floor"
Old 05-16-2004, 01:07 PM

LxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant future
Paically it is the same as the Sport option, body colored bumpers. Some different years had different little goodies as well. The 03's had a Kenwood mp3/cd player, 17" chrome wheels, and a black billet-styled grill. It also has round fog lights on a different front facia.

88 5.0 LX Mustang
63 F100 351W/C6

Old 05-16-2004, 06:03 PM
Postmaster

aldridgec has a very good reputation on FTE.aldridgec has a very good reputation on FTE.aldridgec has a very good reputation on FTE.aldridgec has a very good reputation on FTE.
STX, added by previous owner.

The STX is a sport pacakge that typically has body color bumpers. It shouldn't be on a regular production Lariat.

ASE Certified Master Automotive Technician

Current Vehicles:
2002 F-250 7.3L PSD 4x4 XLT
2002 Sunset Orange Mettalic WS6 Trans Am Convertible

"Maybe is for those who lack skill"
Old 05-26-2007, 08:54 PM
New User

cvenable20 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ummmm, stx is really just a body style like everyone else says i have one too mine is an 04 single cab but as far as the inside goes it doesn't mean anything i got manual windows n locks, standard trans., and even a cassette player in mine when i got it. but the outside does fit the personality of a 23 y/o single male.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:33 PM
New User

SubmoRanger_92 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hi, new to the site, thought this may be a good place to start!

My buddy and I just picked up a 92 ranger STX and it makes me think that back then it was the equivalent to todays FX4 packages...

Its got the 4.0 in it , 4wd , power windows , door locks, and there's a skid plate under the gas tank...

I've been wondering about this whole stx thing since i first laid eyes on one....
Old 11-13-2008, 08:33 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 1997 - 2003 F150

Tags
2009, crw, doesstx, f150, for, ford, fords, package, packageranger, radial, stand, stands, stx, truck, trucks