Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   2016 TRUCKSTOCK (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1398631-2016-truckstock.html)

49f3dls 07-06-2016 09:12 AM

Ross and Doc are right about Joe should not have to do this alone. We are willing to help any way we can. We can pack a cooler or purchase things at the local store. How ever you decide i best count us in. Bobbi & Dave

firstrider 07-06-2016 11:02 AM

Truckstock '16

Yes . please let us know how we can help on the dinner gathering & what we need to bring . We are going to stop in town on the way to purchase supplies . Am looking forward to getting way to TS16 , Not bringing a FORD truck driving the '93 Dakota .One of 100 made with all the options in a specific configuration .It is really neat & hauls a$$ .

harleymsn 07-06-2016 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1 (Post 16404373)
Two thoughts on the food situation.

First, I don't think it's fair that Joe or anyone else bears the brunt of providing the bulk of the cookout food, utensils, sides, etc., compensated or not. How can we spread the effort around?

Second, the lodge restaurant is great, but it would be nice to cruise into Spencer or Pikeville for a meal or two. There's a small restaurant in Spencer that gets high marks, The Old Times Cafe. Worth a try?

Originally Posted by Doc (Post 16404784)
I agree. The lodge restaurant is really handy for breakfast, but I'd like to see a change of scenery for some of the evening meals. I can bring (or get at the local grocery stores there) any of the necessary cookout food, utensils, etc.

Originally Posted by 49f3dls (Post 16404871)
Ross and Doc are right about Joe should not have to do this alone. We are willing to help any way we can. We can pack a cooler or purchase things at the local store. How ever you decide i best count us in. Bobbi & Dave

First, Ross I am familiar with the Old Times Cafe, have eaten there before, it is a small quaint very old restaurant and I agree with the reviews, however it is VERY Small with a small parking lot, I'm not sure they could accommodate the size of our group. I had sent out or posted a list last year of some restaurants within driving distance, but I can't locate my copy. There are a couple in Pikeville like the Pig N Catch https://www.facebook.com/pigncatchre...12905838812168 it's 20 miles (about 30 min drive) There is also the Cookie Jar About Us near Dunlap, it's 37 miles (about 45min drive)
I will be happy to bring along tables and some extra chairs as well as a couple extra coolers. Patti mentioned that some of the girls last year talked about bringing 'covered dishes' for supper one night. If you all decide to do a hot dog / hamburger type cookout I would be happy to pick those supplies up in Crossville, on my way there (It's the closest town with larger super Markets) I can save the receipts and everybody can chip in to cover the cost.
But the bottom line is that this is Dave's event and I think that we need to let him make the decisions.

Doc 07-06-2016 12:04 PM

Whatever Dave needs or wants to do, I'm good with it. The good thing about those cabins is they all have kitchens. I remember my wife made some homemade soup in a crock pot that weekend. As a result, we had something to eat whenever we wanted between the meals at the lodge or the cookouts, etc.

EffieTrucker 07-08-2016 09:20 PM

I would like to renew my offer to take care of tee shirts.

If enough are interested I'll finalize the design I have in mind. Then I can get the actual cost from the printer.

I have a few questions:

Would you prefer a single graphic on the front, or the graphic on the back and a small logo on the front?

To keep it simple, the tee shirts will all be the same weight. Would you prefer the heavy cotton or the lighter cotton blend? (personally, I like the cotton)

How many are actually interested, and how many would they like?

We can work out other details when we see how many we need, if any, and get a price.

harleymsn 07-08-2016 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by EffieTrucker (Post 16410658)
I would like to renew my offer to take care of tee shirts.

If enough are interested I'll finalize the design I have in mind. Then I can get the actual cost from the printer.

I have a few questions:

Would you prefer a single graphic on the front, or the graphic on the back and a small logo on the front?

To keep it simple, the tee shirts will all be the same weight. Would you prefer the heavy cotton or the lighter cotton blend? (personally, I like the cotton)

How many are actually interested, and how many would they like?

We can work out other details when we see how many we need, if any, and get a price.

I'd be interested in 2 XXL and 2 XXXL

DR Smith 07-09-2016 12:29 PM

Food

I have been thinking about this , Last year Joe had , light food for those when they showed up . I was thinking a couple of crock pots with chili , Meatballs and sauce , sub rolls , chips . tea , lemonade . That would be for Thursday , and Friday . Friday night we could do burgers , dogs , salads , Sat , we will have to decide about a drive and eating out , or just hang out and cook something at the cabins . It seems that most would be just as happy hanging around and being mellow . I am open to any ideals . Depending on how many trucks show up really determines what kind of drive to go on , the bigger the parade the more problems come up . If you want to do a covered dish that sounds great to me . Also anyone that's into ridding bikes , Docs kids had a great time last year , so bring your bikes .

DR Smith 07-09-2016 12:31 PM

TEE Shirts , what ever you can get and looks good to you . I trust your judgment . I will take 2

DR Smith 07-09-2016 12:33 PM

What ever you decided , I trust your judgment , If you give to many choices it will drive you crazy

firstrider 07-09-2016 01:54 PM

Two extra large on the shirts ( in a light color , ash ? ) & like the idea of a large back design w/ small pocket location logo .

Also have half of cabin 321 to share .Daughter , grand daughter & Scott will not be able to make it . If no one takes me up on it I will cancel the cabin & stay at the inn .. Let me know asap , Thanks , Denny

49f3dls 07-09-2016 08:27 PM

What ever style you do - I would like 1 XL please. Thanks for doing this.

EffieTrucker 07-12-2016 02:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is what I'm thinking. But the font might be a little too "funky." What do you guys think?

Attachment 152826

raytasch 07-12-2016 03:08 PM

Both trucks need new springs.
The best of the three series not represented.
Yeah, we need something that can be read at a glance.
Want it front and back so it can be seen at a distance.
Put me down for one medium.
Thanks for doing this.:-X22

firstrider 07-12-2016 03:46 PM

Red 51/52 w/ a correct style front bumper and plain chrome wheels . Some may not get the font style . They may need to be reminded .

EffieTrucker 07-12-2016 04:21 PM

I almost went with the monkey face, just because the manure spreader is a little "cluttered."

ALBUQ F-1 07-12-2016 04:24 PM

Honestly, I can't wear the previous TS T's except in the Spring and Fall, the large area of printing is super sweaty. The Falls could be eliminated IMO.

49f3dls 07-12-2016 04:34 PM

If it is on the front and back I would sweat like a throughbred after a race. The falls are a little overkill. Maybe the pic with out the falls on the back and a small "Truckstock 2016 " logo on the front. Just my 2 cents

DR Smith 07-12-2016 05:05 PM

I would vote for large on back logo on front , but will be happy with anything

ALBUQ F-1 07-12-2016 06:08 PM

I thought we actually decided not to do them any more?

abe 07-12-2016 06:13 PM

I am not going to TS but here are my two cents:

I like to font of the lettering! It is Funky and cool, sort of like that "Keep on Truckin' poster that was popular in the 60's and late 70's. I don't think the falls will show up well on a silk-screened shirt.

Harrier 07-13-2016 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by abe (Post 16418929)
I am not going to TS but here are my two cents:

I like to font of the lettering! It is Funky and cool, sort of like that "Keep on Truckin' poster that was popular in the 60's and late 70's. I don't think the falls will show up well on a silk-screened shirt.

Keep on Truckin' was the first thing I thought when I saw the picture.
I have lots of t-shirts. Those that have the heavy print do get sweaty. I have others that the print is not paint on top of the cloth. I assume the sweaty kind of shirts are cheaper.

I like the falls, but I agree that they might not work too well on a t-shirt.

56panelford 07-13-2016 08:52 AM

I'd wear one of those...:)

EffieTrucker 07-13-2016 04:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Tee shirt graphic 2.0.

Back:
Attachment 152954

Front:
Attachment 152955

56panelford 07-13-2016 06:25 PM

I like that, too bad I can't make it there though..:(

cruisetopdown 07-14-2016 07:21 AM

I've been out of the loop for a while, but here are my thoughts on the food.... i preferred hanging out with the group and listening to the tall stories of the good 'ol days.... Fri. night cookout to catch up, then Sat. night would be good for a restaurant meal, up Sunday morning for breakfast with those that are up early, then on the road. For those that have not attended, you are missing a great experience with a great group of people! It's a bucket list item if you like good trucks, good food, and good folks.
w

cruisetopdown 07-14-2016 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by EffieTrucker (Post 16421200)
Tee shirt graphic 2.0.

Back:
Attachment 152954

Front:
Attachment 152955

does it come with a bandana and a big doobie? LOL! :-X04

DR Smith 07-14-2016 09:04 AM

I like the 2.0 shirt

EffieTrucker 07-17-2016 10:14 PM

UNODIR

UNless Otherwise DIRected

I'll get with the Tee Shirt folks and get a price on the 2.0 design.

Two months to go!

DR Smith 07-18-2016 08:06 AM

thanks again for your effort

firstrider 07-29-2016 04:22 PM

Will be there thur. -sat. Leave Sunday morn early.

harleymsn 07-29-2016 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by EffieTrucker (Post 16431116)
UNless Otherwise DIRected

I'll get with the Tee Shirt folks and get a price on the 2.0 design.

Two months to go!

Any idea on price yet?

DR Smith 08-12-2016 01:16 PM

I have sent pm to all on this post that have not replied , hopping to get a head count , If you are coming and have not gotten a pm or contacted me please do so , need to plan for food and drinks

DR Smith 08-12-2016 03:06 PM

Would like , trinkets to give away Sat night , If you have some old part you could make into something interesting . Wall clock , paper towel holder . table light , ect . or if your wives paint or sew . Old truck sign hat or tees shirt . use your imagination . If you can't no big deal .

EffieTrucker 08-19-2016 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by harleymsn (Post 16459413)
Any idea on price yet?

Sorry, I've been AFK.

The cost on the tee shirts will be $12 for S through XL, and $13 for 2X and above. This is the actual cost, no mark up.

I will need to get the order in early next week. If everyone that asked for shirts before is good to go, I'll go with at least that many.

For those that handled the shirts in the past, do you think there is a reason to order a few extra? If so, how many and what size?

I don't need payment before you pick up your shirt. Then I accept cash, checks, PayPal, and Spanish doubloons. The doubloons must be accompanied by a certificate of authenticity, and current appraisal.

49f3dls 08-19-2016 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by EffieTrucker (Post 16509162)
Sorry, I've been AFK.

The cost on the tee shirts will be $12 for S through XL, and $13 for 2X and above. This is the actual cost, no mark up.

I will need to get the order in early next week. If everyone that asked for shirts before is good to go, I'll go with at least that many.

For those that handled the shirts in the past, do you think there is a reason to order a few extra? If so, how many and what size?

I don't need payment before you pick up your shirt. Then I accept cash, checks, PayPal, and Spanish doubloons. The doubloons must be accompanied by a certificate of authenticity, and current appraisal.

Don't forget to add in some $$ if you are going to send these out. I'll send the $$ now to your PAY PAL account and pick up shirt (1_XL) at TS 16 if OK.
Better give us where you want the PAY PAL sent just to be on safe side and it doesn't go in the wrong account.
Thanks again for doing this. dls

Doraville 08-19-2016 10:17 AM

Sorry, I've been AFK.

We'll take one medium and one Large. Thanks!

Doc 08-19-2016 12:11 PM

Sorry, I've been AFK.

I sent you a PM about T-shirts.

As far as your question about a few more, I wouldn't go too overboard, because we won't have a lot of people "just stop by" unexpectantly. In contrast, when I had TS at my place, we had a LOT of people from my neighborhood drop by and get a shirt. That won't be the case at Falls Creek. The people there will either want a T-shirt, or they won't.

carnut122 08-19-2016 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by DR Smith (Post 16492178)
I have sent pm to all on this post that have not replied , hopping to get a head count , If you are coming and have not gotten a pm or contacted me please do so , need to plan for food and drinks

I enjoyed TS last year, but this year I'll be attending my Fiero club's event. I hope all of you have a great time at TS!

homade 08-21-2016 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by 52 USCG Panel (Post 16088150)
Bob, I was half thinking of asking you if I could tag along with you if you were making the trip to Tennessee for Truckstock this Fall. My truck could be ready I think, and I would feel better going on an interstate adventure with someone like you who has done it before and who understands old trucks like ours.

If Germantown 2017 is a go--I should for sure be ready--and after that Tennessee!

Hell, you don't want to follow Bob, we had to send the troops to retrieve him off the top of a Ky. mountain do at Doc's place, trust me on this.

52 USCG Panel 08-21-2016 02:50 PM

Good to know HOMADE! I really would like to attend Truckstock sometime. I've been driving my truck around my neighborhood and have put on about 1100 miles so far. I'm not sure my truck is quite ready for interstate adventures just yet though. I am hoping to do some engine work this winter and also re-do my seats. With these improvements, I may be ready for 2017.