2016 TRUCKSTOCK - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

2016 TRUCKSTOCK

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-21-2015, 07:27 PM
Posting Guru

DR Smith has a very good reputation on FTE.DR Smith has a very good reputation on FTE.DR Smith has a very good reputation on FTE.DR Smith has a very good reputation on FTE.
2016 TRUCKSTOCK

I know this is a little early , But Truckstock 2015 just got over and already the 10 two bedroom cabins in the Landside area have been booked . Also at least one of the down hill cabins has been taken , Harlysmnm did a great job and picked a very good location . It was decided to hold our 2016 event back at FALL CREEK FALLS State Park . I will be taking over for Joe and hope to do as well . Anyone thinking of attending should know the ground rules . We don't talk politics , Religion , or Chevy . We bring our wives , children and grandchildren , So this is not a weekend of drinking . If you can't speed a weekend without getting drunk , stay home . Now a beer or glass of wine while we sit around and solve all of our trucks problems , is not a problem . But again this is not a drinking weekend . We also do not judge each others trucks . Some are show , some restored , some daily drivers . We try to take a short cruise , it is up to you if you want to go . Some of us have family come and make this a family weekend , with Truckstock just part of it . We also like to keep this for the 48-56 ford truck bunch , so we have something in common . Contact me if you have any questions .
Old 09-21-2015, 08:21 PM
Old guy with old toys

raytasch has a brilliant futureraytasch has a brilliant futureraytasch has a brilliant futureraytasch has a brilliant futureraytasch has a brilliant futureraytasch has a brilliant futureraytasch has a brilliant futureraytasch has a brilliant futureraytasch has a brilliant futureraytasch has a brilliant futureraytasch has a brilliant future
Thanks for stepping up and taking on the event, Dave. I do have a cabin reserved. Post the dates so those interested can mark their calendar.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:22 PM
Elder User

cruisetopdown has a good reputation on FTE.cruisetopdown has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Smith View Post
I know this is a little early , But Truckstock 2015 just got over and already the 10 two bedroom cabins in the Landside area have been booked . Also at least one of the down hill cabins has been taken , Harlysmnm did a great job and picked a very good location . It was decided to hold our 2016 event back at FALL CREEK FALLS State Park . I will be taking over for Joe and hope to do as well . Anyone thinking of attending should know the ground rules . We don't talk politics , Religion , or Chevy . We bring our wives , children and grandchildren , So this is not a weekend of drinking . If you can't speed a weekend without getting drunk , stay home . Now a beer or glass of wine while we sit around and solve all of our trucks problems , is not a problem . But again this is not a drinking weekend . We also do not judge each others trucks . Some are show , some restored , some daily drivers . We try to take a short cruise , it is up to you if you want to go . Some of us have family come and make this a family weekend , with Truckstock just part of it . We also like to keep this for the 48-56 ford truck bunch , so we have something in common . Contact me if you have any questions .
We're they booked by truckstockers? If so, I would be interested in sharing one if someone is willing.
W
Old 09-21-2015, 08:36 PM
Postmaster

harleymsn is a name known to allharleymsn is a name known to allharleymsn is a name known to allharleymsn is a name known to allharleymsn is a name known to allharleymsn is a name known to all
Dave, thanks for taking the reigns, of course if you need any help just give me a call.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:49 PM
Postmaster

Harrier has much to be proud ofHarrier has much to be proud ofHarrier has much to be proud ofHarrier has much to be proud ofHarrier has much to be proud ofHarrier has much to be proud ofHarrier has much to be proud ofHarrier has much to be proud ofHarrier has much to be proud of
Quote:
We also do not judge each others trucks . Some are show , some restored , some daily drivers.
I wouldn't judge, I would just drool over all of them.
Dave, that sounds like a perfect weekend to me. I'm afraid TS2016 will coincide with my daughters cross country meet again, but we will see.
I would love to get my truck road worthy and spend a few days driving it there. Just a nice leisurely cross country drive and a weekend with truck buddies is what I need.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:17 AM
Senior User

JPMallory has a very good reputation on FTE.JPMallory has a very good reputation on FTE.JPMallory has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
while we sit around and solve all of our trucks problems
Yeah, we are going to need more than a weekend for mine.

Seriously though, I'm interested in attending 2016. I would have liked to have gone this year, but there were too many things I needed to get done before I took the truck on that long of a drive. It will be ready by next year. I'll see to that.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:28 AM
Senior User

Doraville is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisetopdown View Post
We're they booked by truckstockers? If so, I would be interested in sharing one if someone is willing.
W
We reserved a cabin. You guys are welcome to stay with us. We didn't get to spend nearly enough time with y'all this year anyway!
Old 09-22-2015, 08:32 AM
Postmaster

CharlieLed has much to be proud ofCharlieLed has much to be proud ofCharlieLed has much to be proud ofCharlieLed has much to be proud ofCharlieLed has much to be proud ofCharlieLed has much to be proud ofCharlieLed has much to be proud ofCharlieLed has much to be proud ofCharlieLed has much to be proud ofCharlieLed has much to be proud of
In-laws live in Lebanon, one time while visiting them I drove over to Fall Creek Falls to play golf. That is one beautiful part of the country! I would love to get back that way again...
Old 09-22-2015, 08:38 AM
Posting Guru

DR Smith has a very good reputation on FTE.DR Smith has a very good reputation on FTE.DR Smith has a very good reputation on FTE.DR Smith has a very good reputation on FTE.
TRUCKSTOCK will be held September 15-18 of 2016 . to book cabins or rooms [ at the loge ] call 1-800-250-8610 . if you are going to attend contact me we your contact information .
Old 09-22-2015, 08:49 AM
Old guy with old toys

raytasch has a brilliant futureraytasch has a brilliant futureraytasch has a brilliant futureraytasch has a brilliant futureraytasch has a brilliant futureraytasch has a brilliant futureraytasch has a brilliant futureraytasch has a brilliant futureraytasch has a brilliant futureraytasch has a brilliant futureraytasch has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieLed View Post
In-laws live in Lebanon, one time while visiting them I drove over to Fall Creek Falls to play golf. That is one beautiful part of the country! I would love to get back that way again...
Road trip in an old truck.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:34 AM
Posting Guru

For all of you that think you have to much work to get your truck ready for next year , if you only work on your truck for 2 hours a week , you will have 100 hours in by next Truckstock , Think what you can get done in a 100 hours , Then if you could get a extra 6 hours a month , 72 hours = 172 hours . You get the picture .
Old 09-29-2015, 07:25 PM
Posting Guru

fatfenders56 has a good reputation on FTE.fatfenders56 has a good reputation on FTE.fatfenders56 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
For all of you that think you have to much work to get your truck ready for next year , if you only work on your truck for 2 hours a week , you will have 100 hours in by next Truckstock , Think what you can get done in a 100 hours , Then if you could get a extra 6 hours a month , 72 hours = 172 hours . You get the picture .
what state are we talking about? You are right about the 2 hours per week. I am registered for the 2016 Western Nats and it is amazing what I have gotten done on my "finished" truck
Old 09-29-2015, 08:59 PM
Elder User

Skalywag is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Is there any area to park a motor home? I may try to tow my 50' behind my motor home next year.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:26 PM
Postmaster

harleymsn is a name known to allharleymsn is a name known to allharleymsn is a name known to allharleymsn is a name known to allharleymsn is a name known to allharleymsn is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skalywag View Post
Is there any area to park a motor home? I may try to tow my 50' behind my motor home next year.
There is a huge campground in the park.
Fall Creek Falls State Park ? Tennessee State Parks
Old 09-30-2015, 12:17 AM
Posting Guru

fatfenders56 has a good reputation on FTE.fatfenders56 has a good reputation on FTE.fatfenders56 has a good reputation on FTE.
Tennessee, thank you. There is some talk here about caravaning out to the Super Nats with some guys from PUL