Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   One Piece Side Glass (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1375930-one-piece-side-glass.html)

sfd421 04-27-2015 08:46 PM

One Piece Side Glass

Is there a "how to" on how to replace the vent and side window with a single piece of glass? I've managed to find the glass and the hardware but can't seem to find any instructions on how to do it. Thanks in advance.

Jolly Roger Joe 04-28-2015 01:20 AM

Welcome to FTE! :-wink

I don't know what year you own, but Mid Fifty has 3 sets of instructions for this. EDIT: I see you have a 52, so disregard the instructions from Mid Fifty...

Instructions - Mid Fifty F-100 Parts

CharlieLed 04-28-2015 05:53 PM

I don't want to discourage you but this is not a task for a newbie. Do your homework and then decide it this is something that you are ready to take on.

sfd421 04-28-2015 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jolly Roger Joe (Post 15310414)
Welcome to FTE! :-wink

I don't know what year you own, but Mid Fifty has 3 sets of instructions for this. EDIT: I see you have a 52, so disregard the instructions from Mid Fifty...

Thanks Joe...Much appreciated. It gives me a place to start.

sfd421 04-28-2015 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by CharlieLed (Post 15312181)
I don't want to discourage you but this is not a task for a newbie. Do your homework and then decide it this is something that you are ready to take on.

Hi ...I'm new to the site but not to building "fat fenders". This is the second restomod that I have done. I try different things with each one.

topmoo 04-28-2015 08:27 PM

I did my '52 with a kit for Classic Haulers. The instructions were not very good, but I managed to get it done. I ended up getting some glass channel from a different supplier because the channel that came with the kit did not bend well because of the stainless bead. I could not bend it without completely distorting it and ended up getting some without the stainless elsewhere. All the other parts in the kit worked well but IMO the instructions were worthless. I found an article in an issue of Custom Classic Trucks that helped and did a lot of trial and error. They work great now, but it was a real workout to get them right.
I just tried to find the article online but have had no luck, maybe because Custom Classic Trucks is no longer in print.

sfd421 04-29-2015 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by topmoo (Post 15312550)
I did my '52 with a kit for Classic Haulers. The instructions were not very good, but I managed to get it done. I ended up getting some glass channel from a different supplier because the channel that came with the kit did not bend well because of the stainless bead. I could not bend it without completely distorting it and ended up getting some without the stainless elsewhere. All the other parts in the kit worked well but IMO the instructions were worthless. I found an article in an issue of Custom Classic Trucks that helped and did a lot of trial and error. They work great now, but it was a real workout to get them right.
I just tried to find the article online but have had no luck, maybe because Custom Classic Trucks is no longer in print.

Thanks for your reply. I used to pound nails for a living too and I'm making the same truck as yourself. The only difference is the seats, I'm using a Ford Ranger seat because it has a cup holder in the console for my coffee. Thanks for the lead I'll check that out.