One Piece Side Glass - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign In
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

One Piece Side Glass

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2015, 08:46 PM
New User

sfd421 is starting off with a positive reputation.
One Piece Side Glass

Is there a "how to" on how to replace the vent and side window with a single piece of glass? I've managed to find the glass and the hardware but can't seem to find any instructions on how to do it. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:20 AM
Just another Joe

Jolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to behold
Welcome to FTE!

I don't know what year you own, but Mid Fifty has 3 sets of instructions for this. EDIT: I see you have a 52, so disregard the instructions from Mid Fifty...

Instructions - Mid Fifty F-100 Parts

51 F4 "Betsy" http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...4-project.html "If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." Henry Ford

Last edited by Jolly Roger Joe; 04-28-2015 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Did not know it was for a 52.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:53 PM
Postmaster

CharlieLed is a splendid one to beholdCharlieLed is a splendid one to beholdCharlieLed is a splendid one to beholdCharlieLed is a splendid one to beholdCharlieLed is a splendid one to beholdCharlieLed is a splendid one to behold
I don't want to discourage you but this is not a task for a newbie. Do your homework and then decide it this is something that you are ready to take on.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:05 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger Joe View Post
Welcome to FTE!

I don't know what year you own, but Mid Fifty has 3 sets of instructions for this. EDIT: I see you have a 52, so disregard the instructions from Mid Fifty...

Thanks Joe...Much appreciated. It gives me a place to start.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:07 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieLed View Post
I don't want to discourage you but this is not a task for a newbie. Do your homework and then decide it this is something that you are ready to take on.

Hi ...I'm new to the site but not to building "fat fenders". This is the second restomod that I have done. I try different things with each one.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:27 PM
Posting Guru

topmoo has much to be proud oftopmoo has much to be proud oftopmoo has much to be proud oftopmoo has much to be proud oftopmoo has much to be proud oftopmoo has much to be proud oftopmoo has much to be proud oftopmoo has much to be proud oftopmoo has much to be proud of
I did my '52 with a kit for Classic Haulers. The instructions were not very good, but I managed to get it done. I ended up getting some glass channel from a different supplier because the channel that came with the kit did not bend well because of the stainless bead. I could not bend it without completely distorting it and ended up getting some without the stainless elsewhere. All the other parts in the kit worked well but IMO the instructions were worthless. I found an article in an issue of Custom Classic Trucks that helped and did a lot of trial and error. They work great now, but it was a real workout to get them right.
I just tried to find the article online but have had no luck, maybe because Custom Classic Trucks is no longer in print.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:41 AM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by topmoo View Post
I did my '52 with a kit for Classic Haulers. The instructions were not very good, but I managed to get it done. I ended up getting some glass channel from a different supplier because the channel that came with the kit did not bend well because of the stainless bead. I could not bend it without completely distorting it and ended up getting some without the stainless elsewhere. All the other parts in the kit worked well but IMO the instructions were worthless. I found an article in an issue of Custom Classic Trucks that helped and did a lot of trial and error. They work great now, but it was a real workout to get them right.
I just tried to find the article online but have had no luck, maybe because Custom Classic Trucks is no longer in print.

Thanks for your reply. I used to pound nails for a living too and I'm making the same truck as yourself. The only difference is the seats, I'm using a Ford Ranger seat because it has a cup holder in the console for my coffee. Thanks for the lead I'll check that out.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:41 AM