Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum168/)
-   -   centrifuge blueprint (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1331468-centrifuge-blueprint.html)

Christof13T 08-19-2014 03:01 PM

centrifuge blueprint

Anybody have one handy?

Im interested in building one from scratch.

Mostly interested in rotor designs. Not too worried about the housing. Thinking i will try the pressure cooker idea for the housing/body of the unit.

So yeah... again, mostly just need an idea to start from on the rotor before i stuff some material in a lathe.

If it works out to a pretty quick cut time with little to no problems, i might be able to knock out more and sell them cheap. 1k+ for a fuge is retarded.

If it pans out... would there be any interest from you guys?

Orpackrat 08-30-2014 02:33 AM

I have a wvo designs raw power and a simple centrifuge, same basic design, a bowl with a curved and open partial lid...

Just got to keep it balenced.

Orpackrat 08-30-2014 02:46 AM

I have a wvo designs raw power and a simple centrifuge, same basic design, a bowl with a curved and open partial lid...

Just got to keep it balenced.

I've been tempted to build a centrifuge that operates entirely on 12vdc. A mobile processor for production on the go like long road trips....

MNBen 08-30-2014 08:10 AM

I have a large pressure cooker and a motor. I would be interested in a less expensive fuge if one was available.

timmyboy76 08-30-2014 05:46 PM

PA-Biodiesel...motor and rotor/fuge..$500.00. Works great :-X22

Waste Oil Centrifuge / Motor Package come with a sized motor for filtering oil | PA Biodiesel Supply

Macrobb 01-01-2015 12:18 AM

I really like this design myself:
Simple Centrifuge ...putting a centrifuge in every garage!
If you watch one of the videos, there's a blueprint/cutaway view of it; you could easily whip up some actual blueprints with that and measuring the picture(Hint: the overall stock size used for that appears to be 9" diameter)

I'm intending to do this myself one of these days, but I've got to get some 9" aluminum cyl myself.

444dieselrod 01-13-2015 03:05 PM

I was using an old cream seperator for awhile, but it was just to slow and gravity is still free last I checked, so I quit.

timmyboy76 01-16-2015 08:49 AM

i did the gravity too, but you'd be amazed on what the c.f. pulls out. looks like black tar thats being extracted from the rotor. And the oil being spun was an amber gold color too

finitetime 02-10-2015 07:05 PM

I've been using gravity but have been considering building my own centrifuge. I think I will go the Raw Power PoBoy kit for $250.

Raw Power Centrifuge - PoBoy Kit

From there website:
If you REALLY want to build your own centrifuge,this is the key piece:
Includes:
-Rotor
-Seal and clamp
-Parts list for centrifuge
Includes: -Machined Rotor, -Clamp Bushing for 5/8" Dia motor shaft (no key), 5/8" Shaft Collar, 5/8" Dia Viton shaft seal.
Instructions to build an enclosure and basic layout are available here: Download Designs