Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 to 2016 Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum30/)
-   -   What am I seeing (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1319169-what-am-i-seeing.html)

Mtnhermit 06-08-2014 09:12 PM

What am I seeing

I was changing my front brake pads this weekend and came across a couple of things that just don't look right. Problem is I don't really know what it is I am seeing and what it should look like. I am hoping folks here can give me a hand. My truck is an 06 Ford F350.
In the first pic you can see a hose that is in two pieces where I am pretty sure it should be one. Any idea what this hose is?
The second one seems to be some kind of seal. Is there a piece missing to hold that in place? Is it a big problem?

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...5da36a96f7.jpg

what is this broken hose for?

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...fbaf1b2b79.jpg

what is this and how big of a problem is it going to be?

<mytubeelement data="{&quot;bundle&quot;:{&quot;label_delimitor&q uot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;percentage&quot;:&quot;%& quot;,&quot;smart_buffer&quot;:&quot;Smart Buffer&quot;,&quot;start_playing_when_buffered&quo t;:&quot;Start playing when buffered&quot;,&quot;sound&quot;:&quot;Sound&quot; ,&quot;desktop_notification&quot;:&quot;Desktop Notification&quot;,&quot;continuation_on_next_line &quot;:&quot;-&quot;,&quot;loop&quot;:&quot;Loop&quot;,&quot;onl y_notify&quot;:&quot;Only Notify&quot;,&quot;estimated_time&quot;:&quot;Esti mated Time&quot;,&quot;global_preferences&quot;:&quot;Gl obal Preferences&quot;,&quot;no_notification_supported_ on_your_browser&quot;:&quot;No notification style supported on your browser version&quot;,&quot;video_buffered&quot;:&quot;Vid eo Buffered&quot;,&quot;buffered&quot;:&quot;Buffered &quot;,&quot;hyphen&quot;:&quot;-&quot;,&quot;buffered_message&quot;:&quot;The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.&quot;,&quot;not_supported&quot;:&quot;Not Supported&quot;,&quot;on&quot;:&quot;On&quot;,&quo t;off&quot;:&quot;Off&quot;,&quot;click_to_enable_ for_this_site&quot;:&quot;Click to enable for this site&quot;,&quot;desktop_notification_denied&quot; :&quot;You have denied permission for desktop notification for this site&quot;,&quot;notification_status_delimitor&quo t;:&quot;;&quot;,&quot;error&quot;:&quot;Error&quo t;,&quot;adblock_interferance_message&quot;:&quot; Adblock (or similar extension) is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add this url to adblock whitelist.&quot;,&quot;calculating&quot;:&quot;Cal culating&quot;,&quot;waiting&quot;:&quot;Waiting&q uot;,&quot;will_start_buffering_when_initialized&q uot;:&quot;Will start buffering when initialized&quot;,&quot;will_start_playing_when_in itialized&quot;:&quot;Will start playing when initialized&quot;,&quot;completed&quot;:&quot;Comp leted&quot;,&quot;buffering_stalled&quot;:&quot;Bu ffering is stalled. Will stop.&quot;,&quot;stopped&quot;:&quot;Stopped&quot ;,&quot;hr&quot;:&quot;Hr&quot;,&quot;min&quot;:&q uot;Min&quot;,&quot;sec&quot;:&quot;Sec&quot;,&quo t;any_moment&quot;:&quot;Any Moment&quot;,&quot;popup_donate_to&quot;:&quot;Don ate to&quot;,&quot;extension_id&quot;:null},&quot;pref s&quot;:{&quot;desktopNotification&quot;:true,&quo t;soundNotification&quot;:true,&quot;logLevel&quot ;:0,&quot;enable&quot;:true,&quot;loop&quot;:false ,&quot;hidePopup&quot;:false,&quot;autoPlay&quot;: false,&quot;autoBuffer&quot;:true,&quot;autoPlayOn Buffer&quot;:true,&quot;autoPlayOnBufferPercentage &quot;:42,&quot;autoPlayOnSmartBuffer&quot;:true,& quot;quality&quot;:&quot;default&quot;,&quot;fshd& quot;:false,&quot;onlyNotification&quot;:false,&qu ot;enableFullScreen&quot;:true,&quot;saveBandwidth &quot;:false,&quot;hideAnnotations&quot;:false,&qu ot;turnOffPagedBuffering&quot;:true}}" event="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement data="{&quot;loadBundle&quot;:true}" event="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>

Kdr358 06-08-2014 09:24 PM

The line is a vacuum line for the ESOF 4x4 hubs.

The second is a dust seal, most all look like that after some time and usually don't hurt anything.

grizz686 06-08-2014 09:29 PM

The hose is for the auto locking hub. The seal is a dust seal witch is common to falling out I think there is a updated one out to replace it my 06 has the same seal Hanging out . I don't think it's much of an issue unless you are in a lot of deep water and mud mine has been like that for over 4 years no problems yet

Mtnhermit 06-08-2014 09:40 PM

Thanks.

Thanks for the quick response. And the sense of relief about the dust seal!! That had me a little concerned. The vacuum line I am sure I can replace now that I know what it is I am looking for.
Thanks again.:-jammin
<mytubeelement data="{&quot;bundle&quot;:{&quot;label_delimitor&q uot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;percentage&quot;:&quot;%& quot;,&quot;smart_buffer&quot;:&quot;Smart Buffer&quot;,&quot;start_playing_when_buffered&quo t;:&quot;Start playing when buffered&quot;,&quot;sound&quot;:&quot;Sound&quot; ,&quot;desktop_notification&quot;:&quot;Desktop Notification&quot;,&quot;continuation_on_next_line &quot;:&quot;-&quot;,&quot;loop&quot;:&quot;Loop&quot;,&quot;onl y_notify&quot;:&quot;Only Notify&quot;,&quot;estimated_time&quot;:&quot;Esti mated Time&quot;,&quot;global_preferences&quot;:&quot;Gl obal Preferences&quot;,&quot;no_notification_supported_ on_your_browser&quot;:&quot;No notification style supported on your browser version&quot;,&quot;video_buffered&quot;:&quot;Vid eo Buffered&quot;,&quot;buffered&quot;:&quot;Buffered &quot;,&quot;hyphen&quot;:&quot;-&quot;,&quot;buffered_message&quot;:&quot;The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.&quot;,&quot;not_supported&quot;:&quot;Not Supported&quot;,&quot;on&quot;:&quot;On&quot;,&quo t;off&quot;:&quot;Off&quot;,&quot;click_to_enable_ for_this_site&quot;:&quot;Click to enable for this site&quot;,&quot;desktop_notification_denied&quot; :&quot;You have denied permission for desktop notification for this site&quot;,&quot;notification_status_delimitor&quo t;:&quot;;&quot;,&quot;error&quot;:&quot;Error&quo t;,&quot;adblock_interferance_message&quot;:&quot; Adblock (or similar extension) is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add this url to adblock whitelist.&quot;,&quot;calculating&quot;:&quot;Cal culating&quot;,&quot;waiting&quot;:&quot;Waiting&q uot;,&quot;will_start_buffering_when_initialized&q uot;:&quot;Will start buffering when initialized&quot;,&quot;will_start_playing_when_in itialized&quot;:&quot;Will start playing when initialized&quot;,&quot;completed&quot;:&quot;Comp leted&quot;,&quot;buffering_stalled&quot;:&quot;Bu ffering is stalled. Will stop.&quot;,&quot;stopped&quot;:&quot;Stopped&quot ;,&quot;hr&quot;:&quot;Hr&quot;,&quot;min&quot;:&q uot;Min&quot;,&quot;sec&quot;:&quot;Sec&quot;,&quo t;any_moment&quot;:&quot;Any Moment&quot;,&quot;popup_donate_to&quot;:&quot;Don ate to&quot;,&quot;extension_id&quot;:null},&quot;pref s&quot;:{&quot;desktopNotification&quot;:true,&quo t;soundNotification&quot;:true,&quot;logLevel&quot ;:0,&quot;enable&quot;:true,&quot;loop&quot;:false ,&quot;hidePopup&quot;:false,&quot;autoPlay&quot;: false,&quot;autoBuffer&quot;:true,&quot;autoPlayOn Buffer&quot;:true,&quot;autoPlayOnBufferPercentage &quot;:42,&quot;autoPlayOnSmartBuffer&quot;:true,& quot;quality&quot;:&quot;default&quot;,&quot;fshd& quot;:false,&quot;onlyNotification&quot;:false,&qu ot;enableFullScreen&quot;:true,&quot;saveBandwidth &quot;:false,&quot;hideAnnotations&quot;:false,&qu ot;turnOffPagedBuffering&quot;:true}}" event="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement data="{&quot;loadBundle&quot;:true}" event="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>

Psyclopse 06-09-2014 02:14 AM

Do you still have the factory auto locking hubs, or have they been replaced with full manual hubs? If you have full manual hubs, you can do away with the hose- just cap it under the hood and put a plug in down by the wheel. If you still have the factory hubs, replace the hose with a new one.

Ski1982 06-13-2014 05:09 PM

I was going through dust seals pretty frequently. It didn't bother me at first, but started noticing rust build up inside the axle housing. I started spraying mine with Ballistol, routinely, when i change my oil. It has been 2 years since I started doing this and they still look like new.

golfmedik 06-13-2014 06:21 PM

I believe the ESOF lines are 3/16 inside diameter.....

xrsfsho 12-16-2015 03:00 PM

How did you mount the paracord handles?

CHIEF1302 12-16-2015 06:00 PM

Clean the seal and housing and put back in using ATV sealant..Did mine 40,000 miles ago and its still in place..

GoldCo 04-30-2016 12:55 AM

wrong thread, please delete

GoldCo 04-30-2016 12:57 AM

(Nothing to see here)