Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.2L V8 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum206/)
-   -   Leveling Kit (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1299872-leveling-kit.html)

Rusty74 02-24-2014 10:19 PM

Leveling Kit

I'm thinking of a 2" leveling kit for my 2012 SD, I did my last 08 PSD and needed a adjustable track bar to center the axle. Will I need to do the same on this truck? I currently installed F350 blocks and shocks on the rear and will put Air Lift bags on if I do the level.

Thanks in advance!

Hotrod70d 02-25-2014 03:20 PM

ya to center the axle you will need either a adjustable track bar or you will need a drop track bar bracket. also to keep everything else in line you will need the trailing arm drop brackets . i just bought the readylift sst level kit. has everything to keep
the front end in line . i got mine with the 5" rear blocks. shock extensions are only required if you go off road or longer shocks. i do believe they sell the kits with out the rear blocks . there called the f350 kit coz they have 4" blocks already, right now they will knock 10% off advertised price if you ask .so you should be able to get a kit for less than 400$

Rusty74 02-25-2014 05:58 PM

That's what I thought, I didn't think the would be any difference from the 08 front end. If I remember the track bar was around 450.00 from ICON and for that price I may go with a 3" suspension lift, but I'll research the SST.

Amelio 02-25-2014 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Hotrod70d (Post 14107032)
ya to center the axle you will need either a adjustable track bar or you will need a drop track bar bracket. also to keep everything else in line you will need the trailing arm drop brackets . i just bought the readylift sst level kit. has everything to keep
the front end in line . i got mine with the 5" rear blocks. shock extensions are only required if you go off road or longer shocks. i do believe they sell the kits with out the rear blocks . there called the f350 kit coz they have 4" blocks already, right now they will knock 10% off advertised price if you ask .so you should be able to get a kit for less than 400$

Is the SST kit a 2" leveling kit?

Post up some pics....... I also have a 2012 CC 4x4 and want a little bit of lift.

I always get confused by how they call it a "leveling" kit. I have measured and my truck sits damn near level stock.

So would the kit you bought also be what I would use?

Thanks!

Hotrod70d 02-25-2014 07:02 PM

Its a 2.5 level kit with 4" block its the tow package with the 5" block the 5 wont be quite level slight rake. They make a 3.5 for the diesel if you wanna modify your exhaust slightly for the drive shaft. There web sight has all the diff kits

Amelio 02-25-2014 07:06 PM

Yeah I am not at all interested in modifying my drive shaft.

I want to just bolt on a kit on my drive way without any other mods.

Rusty74 02-28-2014 01:36 PM

I have found that ICON makes a Stage 4 2.5" kit and has all of the necessary parts to keep everything correct but it will cost around 3,000 just in parts, you get what you pay for!

Hotrod70d 02-28-2014 04:19 PM

ya but i cant see it being worth that much more for only 2.5 inches maybe 8 to 10 inches . im not off roading like 80 percent of the people just lookin for a little more clearance .my offroading is bringing in hay from the field and its hot and dry.

Rusty74 02-28-2014 04:54 PM

I understand I think the shocks they offer in the kit are what makes it expensive , I would only want to do this so I can gain more clearance when I have tire chains on for hunting but that is only one week out of the year plus it looks good.

ATLScott 05-13-2021 08:02 PM

I went with the 2.5" on my 2021, and I'm perfectly level. You'll want the drop bracket to keep your axle centered, otherwise it will be off a half inch or so on one side (or so I was told).