Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   heater boot FORD script fresh air heater (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1288222-heater-boot-ford-script-fresh-air-heater.html)

firstrider 12-31-2013 08:10 PM

heater boot FORD script fresh air heater

6 Attachment(s)
FORD script fresh air heater boot . As close to an original as I could come up with .I think it will work . Is very tight on the heater end & the stainless clamps will keep it in place .It is plastic as the original was canvas with a flat helix core . Tried stretching some canvas w/ a round helix core on the muffler machine but did not work . The problem is the circumfrence of the 4" round adapter ring is 1/4 smaller than the distance around on the heater end . The 4" material fits well on the ring but will not go on the heater end .I made it work with a little soak in boiling water then forced it on the heater end & let it cool .

FortyNiner 12-31-2013 10:40 PM

How do I get one, Denny?

Jeff and Nicolle 01-01-2014 01:43 AM

Denny that is awesome!

toby tough 01-01-2014 08:29 AM

The new boot looks pretty good. Is it smooth on the inside? It reminds me of a piece on my daughters' 88 Prelude.Good job, hopfuly it will work for you. By the way, is that grass and leaves on trees in the background. Haven't seen that for awhile.:-wink

Jolly Roger Joe 01-01-2014 09:53 AM

You do nice work Denny. :-jammin

1bikenerd 01-01-2014 10:03 AM

I'm agree with everyone too. Looks great!!! I would like one too!!! What did you use or how much so I can purchase one from you.

Thanks
Dave

firstrider 01-01-2014 11:11 AM

3 Attachment(s)
By the way, is that grass and leaves on trees in the background. Haven't seen that for awhile.:-wink[/quote]

Unfortunately we have been receiving just the right amount of rain & sunshine so I have to do a yard task that I really do not like to do . Mow the darn crap !! I would rather be working on some type of old FORD truck related project . Restoring heaters , media blasting ,primeing & painting stock truck parts . Finishing the e-brake cable boot repro process .Finishing the '48-'50 fresh air intake duct gasket repro mold .Had a new tailgate at the body shop where the stock truck cab & doors are . Am epoxy priming more Magic Air heaters & fresh air tubes this sat.after retreiving them from the media blasters fri aft.So while priming decided to also prime the tailgate & bed strips . Before taking said items to the body shop they were inspected for any minor surface rust issues .The bed strips & new tailgate had some minor issues ., So before taking them there all areas of rust were media blasted and boxed . Body shop owner said he would prime them for me while he was spraying pimer . That did not happen .Picked up the bed strips wrapped in plastic . They were OK . The boxed tailgate was in the cab laying in front of the gas tank with water damage to the box . You know the rest of the story . I was pissed ! Just what I need . Media blast it again .

Would like to know if any FTE'r with a FORD script fresh air heater ( with out a boot ) would help me out . Would like to send it to member for test fit purposes . Maybe a replying thread person can take on the minor job. It will fit tight .I may be able to test fit it on the stock truck cab at the body .Am a little disappointed with the body shop owner right now See pics . Thanks to all who replied , Denny

1bikenerd 01-01-2014 11:40 AM

I have a Ford script heater box and a stock cab. I would be willing to help you out. Just send me a message.

Thanks
Dave

FortyNiner 01-01-2014 12:26 PM

Denny - I'm in too. Ford script Magic Air with fender duct set up.

DW

firstrider 01-01-2014 12:47 PM

Probably have to go with a fellow Wisconsinite !! Feel some sort loyalty there .Will send a PM . Not much to do in the artic but cruise FTE in the sub zero ! Talked to bother Jim on Sun . Said it was 38 sat. aft. & then -17 sun nite . That is just wrong !!!Thanks , Denny.

firstrider 01-02-2014 07:17 PM

YEA !!! It works !!! Stopped by the body shop where the stock cab is and test fitted it . At 6" long it fits tight . The material is accordian shaped so one will need to install on heater end ,clamp , slip adapter ring on the kick panel end , index adapter ring on boot so it will line up w/ the 3 holes in the kick panel , attach adapter ring , compress it and slide it in , clamp after all is installed .All who are interested please send a PM . Do not want to discuss selling items & price on here & get spanked .May post on items for sale section . Thanks for everyones interest , Denny

1bikenerd 01-02-2014 07:24 PM

Denny,

Are you going to sell them? If so, put me on the list,

Thanks
Dave

38 coupe 01-03-2014 08:53 AM

Nice work!

Bummer on the body shop being lazy. I hate extra work that should have been avoided.

firstrider 01-05-2014 08:33 PM

Major tailgate improvment

2 Attachment(s)
Fred , how's this ? Took it with me to the media blasters since I was going any way to pickup 8 boxes of heater parts & fresh air tubes. Took him less than 10 min. to clean it up .Spent all day sat. & sun. applying primer .

underthebridgejim 01-05-2014 09:02 PM

You are one very ingénues and talented man, very nice work.