1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

heater boot FORD script fresh air heater

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 08:10 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts
heater boot FORD script fresh air heater

FORD script fresh air heater boot . As close to an original as I could come up with .I think it will work . Is very tight on the heater end & the stainless clamps will keep it in place .It is plastic as the original was canvas with a flat helix core . Tried stretching some canvas w/ a round helix core on the muffler machine but did not work . The problem is the circumfrence of the 4" round adapter ring is 1/4 smaller than the distance around on the heater end . The 4" material fits well on the ring but will not go on the heater end .I made it work with a little soak in boiling water then forced it on the heater end & let it cool .

Attached Images       
Old 12-31-2013, 10:40 PM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Received 290 Likes on 168 Posts
How do I get one, Denny?

Old 01-01-2014, 01:43 AM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Denny that is awesome!

Old 01-01-2014, 08:29 AM
toby tough
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The new boot looks pretty good. Is it smooth on the inside? It reminds me of a piece on my daughters' 88 Prelude.Good job, hopfuly it will work for you. By the way, is that grass and leaves on trees in the background. Haven't seen that for awhile.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:53 AM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
You do nice work Denny.

Old 01-01-2014, 10:03 AM
1bikenerd
New User
I'm agree with everyone too. Looks great!!! I would like one too!!! What did you use or how much so I can purchase one from you.

Thanks
Dave

Old 01-01-2014, 11:11 AM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

By the way, is that grass and leaves on trees in the background. Haven't seen that for awhile.[/quote]

Unfortunately we have been receiving just the right amount of rain & sunshine so I have to do a yard task that I really do not like to do . Mow the darn crap !! I would rather be working on some type of old FORD truck related project . Restoring heaters , media blasting ,primeing & painting stock truck parts . Finishing the e-brake cable boot repro process .Finishing the '48-'50 fresh air intake duct gasket repro mold .Had a new tailgate at the body shop where the stock truck cab & doors are . Am epoxy priming more Magic Air heaters & fresh air tubes this sat.after retreiving them from the media blasters fri aft.So while priming decided to also prime the tailgate & bed strips . Before taking said items to the body shop they were inspected for any minor surface rust issues .The bed strips & new tailgate had some minor issues ., So before taking them there all areas of rust were media blasted and boxed . Body shop owner said he would prime them for me while he was spraying pimer . That did not happen .Picked up the bed strips wrapped in plastic . They were OK . The boxed tailgate was in the cab laying in front of the gas tank with water damage to the box . You know the rest of the story . I was pissed ! Just what I need . Media blast it again .

Would like to know if any FTE'r with a FORD script fresh air heater ( with out a boot ) would help me out . Would like to send it to member for test fit purposes . Maybe a replying thread person can take on the minor job. It will fit tight .I may be able to test fit it on the stock truck cab at the body .Am a little disappointed with the body shop owner right now See pics . Thanks to all who replied , Denny

Attached Images    
Old 01-01-2014, 11:40 AM
1bikenerd
New User
I have a Ford script heater box and a stock cab. I would be willing to help you out. Just send me a message.

Thanks
Dave

Old 01-01-2014, 12:26 PM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Received 290 Likes on 168 Posts
Denny - I'm in too. Ford script Magic Air with fender duct set up.

DW

Old 01-01-2014, 12:47 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Probably have to go with a fellow Wisconsinite !! Feel some sort loyalty there .Will send a PM . Not much to do in the artic but cruise FTE in the sub zero ! Talked to bother Jim on Sun . Said it was 38 sat. aft. & then -17 sun nite . That is just wrong !!!Thanks , Denny.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:17 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

YEA !!! It works !!! Stopped by the body shop where the stock cab is and test fitted it . At 6" long it fits tight . The material is accordian shaped so one will need to install on heater end ,clamp , slip adapter ring on the kick panel end , index adapter ring on boot so it will line up w/ the 3 holes in the kick panel , attach adapter ring , compress it and slide it in , clamp after all is installed .All who are interested please send a PM . Do not want to discuss selling items & price on here & get spanked .May post on items for sale section . Thanks for everyones interest , Denny

Old 01-02-2014, 07:24 PM
1bikenerd
New User
Denny,

Are you going to sell them? If so, put me on the list,

Thanks
Dave

Old 01-03-2014, 08:53 AM
38 coupe
Cargo Master
Received 109 Likes on 57 Posts
Nice work!

Bummer on the body shop being lazy. I hate extra work that should have been avoided.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:33 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Major tailgate improvment

Fred , how's this ? Took it with me to the media blasters since I was going any way to pickup 8 boxes of heater parts & fresh air tubes. Took him less than 10 min. to clean it up .Spent all day sat. & sun. applying primer .

Attached Images   
Old 01-05-2014, 09:02 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
You are one very ingénues and talented man, very nice work.

Quick Reply: heater boot FORD script fresh air heater