Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-31-2013, 08:10 PM
Posting Guru

firstrider is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
heater boot FORD script fresh air heater

FORD script fresh air heater boot . As close to an original as I could come up with .I think it will work . Is very tight on the heater end & the stainless clamps will keep it in place .It is plastic as the original was canvas with a flat helix core . Tried stretching some canvas w/ a round helix core on the muffler machine but did not work . The problem is the circumfrence of the 4" round adapter ring is 1/4 smaller than the distance around on the heater end . The 4" material fits well on the ring but will not go on the heater end .I made it work with a little soak in boiling water then forced it on the heater end & let it cool .
Attached Images

1994 Dodge Ram Van ( the work truck ) ,1993 Dakota w/ 44k mi.,1952 F-1 the 1ST-RIDE ,23 T-Roadster w/ 426 wedge bored to 440 (85 % done ) ,1952 F-1 stock (under const) "Those of you who think you know it all are really annoying to those of us who do " Mark Donahue or Roger Penske Indy '71
Old 12-31-2013, 10:40 PM
Posting Guru

FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.
How do I get one, Denny?

19 and 49 F1 jes' like Henry II built

DW
Old 01-01-2014, 01:43 AM
Postmaster

Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.
Denny that is awesome!
Old 01-01-2014, 08:29 AM
Senior User

toby tough is starting off with a positive reputation.
The new boot looks pretty good. Is it smooth on the inside? It reminds me of a piece on my daughters' 88 Prelude.Good job, hopfuly it will work for you. By the way, is that grass and leaves on trees in the background. Haven't seen that for awhile.
I always say",Good work isn't cheap,and cheap work isn't good."
Old 01-01-2014, 09:53 AM
Still a Rookie...

Jolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to behold
You do nice work Denny.

1951 F4 "Betsy" Build Thread @ http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...4-project.html
Old 01-01-2014, 10:03 AM
New User

1bikenerd is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm agree with everyone too. Looks great!!! I would like one too!!! What did you use or how much so I can purchase one from you.

Thanks
Dave
Old 01-01-2014, 11:11 AM
Posting Guru

By the way, is that grass and leaves on trees in the background. Haven't seen that for awhile.[/quote]

Unfortunately we have been receiving just the right amount of rain & sunshine so I have to do a yard task that I really do not like to do . Mow the darn crap !! I would rather be working on some type of old FORD truck related project . Restoring heaters , media blasting ,primeing & painting stock truck parts . Finishing the e-brake cable boot repro process .Finishing the '48-'50 fresh air intake duct gasket repro mold .Had a new tailgate at the body shop where the stock truck cab & doors are . Am epoxy priming more Magic Air heaters & fresh air tubes this sat.after retreiving them from the media blasters fri aft.So while priming decided to also prime the tailgate & bed strips . Before taking said items to the body shop they were inspected for any minor surface rust issues .The bed strips & new tailgate had some minor issues ., So before taking them there all areas of rust were media blasted and boxed . Body shop owner said he would prime them for me while he was spraying pimer . That did not happen .Picked up the bed strips wrapped in plastic . They were OK . The boxed tailgate was in the cab laying in front of the gas tank with water damage to the box . You know the rest of the story . I was pissed ! Just what I need . Media blast it again .

Would like to know if any FTE'r with a FORD script fresh air heater ( with out a boot ) would help me out . Would like to send it to member for test fit purposes . Maybe a replying thread person can take on the minor job. It will fit tight .I may be able to test fit it on the stock truck cab at the body .Am a little disappointed with the body shop owner right now See pics . Thanks to all who replied , Denny
Attached Images

1994 Dodge Ram Van ( the work truck ) ,1993 Dakota w/ 44k mi.,1952 F-1 the 1ST-RIDE ,23 T-Roadster w/ 426 wedge bored to 440 (85 % done ) ,1952 F-1 stock (under const) "Those of you who think you know it all are really annoying to those of us who do " Mark Donahue or Roger Penske Indy '71
Old 01-01-2014, 11:40 AM
New User

I have a Ford script heater box and a stock cab. I would be willing to help you out. Just send me a message.

Thanks
Dave
Old 01-01-2014, 12:26 PM
Posting Guru

FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.
Denny - I'm in too. Ford script Magic Air with fender duct set up.

DW

19 and 49 F1 jes' like Henry II built

DW
Old 01-01-2014, 12:47 PM
Posting Guru

Probably have to go with a fellow Wisconsinite !! Feel some sort loyalty there .Will send a PM . Not much to do in the artic but cruise FTE in the sub zero ! Talked to bother Jim on Sun . Said it was 38 sat. aft. & then -17 sun nite . That is just wrong !!!Thanks , Denny.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:17 PM
Posting Guru

YEA !!! It works !!! Stopped by the body shop where the stock cab is and test fitted it . At 6" long it fits tight . The material is accordian shaped so one will need to install on heater end ,clamp , slip adapter ring on the kick panel end , index adapter ring on boot so it will line up w/ the 3 holes in the kick panel , attach adapter ring , compress it and slide it in , clamp after all is installed .All who are interested please send a PM . Do not want to discuss selling items & price on here & get spanked .May post on items for sale section . Thanks for everyones interest , Denny
Old 01-02-2014, 07:24 PM
New User

Denny,

Are you going to sell them? If so, put me on the list,

Thanks
Dave
Old 01-03-2014, 08:53 AM
Posting Guru

38 coupe has a good reputation on FTE.38 coupe has a good reputation on FTE.
Nice work!

Bummer on the body shop being lazy. I hate extra work that should have been avoided.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:33 PM
Posting Guru

Major tailgate improvment

Fred , how's this ? Took it with me to the media blasters since I was going any way to pickup 8 boxes of heater parts & fresh air tubes. Took him less than 10 min. to clean it up .Spent all day sat. & sun. applying primer .
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2014, 09:02 PM
FTE fan

underthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud of
You are one very ingénues and talented man, very nice work.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:02 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks