Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arkansas Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum175/)
-   -   Welcome to the Arkansas Chapter: lindstromjd (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1277990-welcome-to-the-arkansas-chapter-lindstromjd.html)

tojoski 11-07-2013 08:02 AM

Welcome to the Arkansas Chapter: lindstromjd

Welcome: lindstromjd from Jacksonville, with a 94 OBS.

zhilton 11-07-2013 09:08 PM

Welcome!:-wink

lindstromjd 11-07-2013 10:24 PM

Hey everyone... Air Force C-130 Loadmaster here. 27, married, 7 month old baby and another on the way.

I've gone through quite a bit of old Ford diesel trucks in the past few years, so my knowledge is slowly growing with each one. Latest one is a '94.5 Powerstroke that needs some love. I'm in the middle of installing new Rosewood stage 1.5's in it, along with SD UVCH's and an intercooler. I have way too many mods planned for it, not enough money or time, and don't know when to quit. My wife is good at reminding me of that last one though. Lol.

jgoodman6891 11-09-2013 06:33 AM

Welcome

Originally Posted by lindstromjd (Post 13717933)
I have way too many mods planned for it, not enough money or time, and don't know when to quit. My wife is good at reminding me of that last one though. Lol.

Money & time always suck because there is never enough of either.

cookie88 11-10-2013 09:19 PM

Hey everyone... Air Force C-130 Loadmaster here. 27, married, 7 month old baby and another on the way.

I've gone through quite a bit of old Ford diesel trucks in the past few years, so my knowledge is slowly growing with each one. Latest one is a '94.5 Powerstroke that needs some love. I'm in the middle of installing new Rosewood stage 1.5's in it, along with SD UVCH's and an intercooler. I have way too many mods planned for it, not enough money or time, and don't know when to quit. My wife is good at reminding me of that last one though. Lol.

Nice! Swing by test cell some time and we'll swap diesel stories.

zhilton 11-12-2013 12:18 PM

Welcome to my life...either no money with time on my hands...or a little extra money but no time. How long have you been at LRAFB? My brother in law used to fly out of there until early 2011 when they got order to Laughlin. I know y'all come up this way to do touch & goes at FSM...which doesn't phase me after the Navy & Marines buzz through with their Hornets...gees those things are LOUD.

Originally Posted by cookie88 (Post 13727539)
Nice! Swing by test cell some time and we'll swap diesel stories.

Keep the brain washing to a minimum there Scott.;) Technology for the HUEI system progressed beyound thte 7.3L for a good reason.}>}>

lindstromjd 11-14-2013 09:42 PM

Well, I got my injectors installed, am very happy with the way the SD gaskets came out, and am generally pretty pleased with the truck again. I hated the way it was running on only 7 cylinders and with factory injectors.

... anyone want to buy a '94 CCLB DRW truck? Lol.

tojoski 11-17-2013 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by zhilton (Post 13733228)
Keep the brain washing to a minimum there Scott.;) Technology for the HUEI system progressed beyound the 7.3L for a good reason.}>}>

I think your friends in the gubbamint at the EPA decided we were too dirty.. so I say make it more so :-jammin

zhilton 11-17-2013 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by tojoski (Post 13749933)
I think your friends in the gubbamint at the EPA decided we were too dirty.. so I say make it more so :-jammin

You gentlemen with those "slightly modified 7.3L" ain't got squat on my work chariot/office.
http://carstens-publications.com/ima...lfan_large.jpg
And before anyone asks..

(A)Yes, that is me on the left hand side of the cab at the throttles
(B)Yes, it's some what normal for those 50 year old V16 4-cycle 10,670 CID engines to have a "little turbo lag". This photo though is a little "excessive"
(C)No, the company doesn't generally approve of such a show of power
(D)Yes, I know that's more than Scott or Dave can pump into the air at one time.

cookie88 11-18-2013 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by zhilton
Yes, I know that's more than Scott or Dave can pump into the air at one time.

Barely..... You haven't seen the new motor run ;) Cool pic tho.