Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.0L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum107/)
-   -   ROAD TRIP! (feeling like Anthony!) (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1242619-road-trip-feeling-like-anthony.html)

amdriven2liv 05-11-2013 12:49 PM

ROAD TRIP! (feeling like Anthony!)

2 Attachment(s)
Well, taking a road trip tomorrow. 1000 miles one way.

Of course, Anthony and His wife would beat us by hours! We will be taking a break halfway.

Although ours will be more of a "pleasure cruise", than anything else.

Found a great deal on an enclosed car hauler to rent. Not many places do.

If you live in a large area and want to do a rental business, buy a freaking car hauler and rent the sucker out. The outfit here can't keep it in their yard! It is rented constantly!

So, if you happen to see this combo the next couple days, give a honk!!!!

dannyboy950 05-11-2013 02:07 PM

Have a good trip, watch for the idiots out there.

run6.0run 05-11-2013 03:44 PM

Are you headed to miles city??? I'm headed ur way. Actually sittin in Minnesota cause I've got extra time n the wind is howling. But I will be crossing ur path. We should stop n meet up..!!

Rusty Axlerod 05-11-2013 03:50 PM

Enjoy your pleasure cruse, I'm a little jealous :). Be safe out there!

Curt's05 05-11-2013 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by run6.0run (Post 13151788)
Are you headed to miles city??? I'm headed ur way. Actually sittin in Minnesota cause I've got extra time n the wind is howling. But I will be crossing ur path. We should stop n meet up..!!

Enjoy your time in mn, there is a lot to do, unless you want open water up north! Just watched the ice on mille lacs move onto shore and into condos on the south shore by the news. It looked like a glacier, about a foot thick!

BLADE35 05-11-2013 09:54 PM

Sean be safe and have fun with that new "Vintage Car"

Cant wait to see the Pics of it!!!

Is the plan to do a total disassemble and rebuild???

All in Time of Coarse

amdriven2liv 05-11-2013 10:22 PM

Yes. World Famous "Bucking Horse Sale" week!

Benny: Is the plan to do a total disassemble and rebuild???
Will know more as time goes by. First, running good will be the priority for the week, then once home, we will look it over and decide how far to go. (this car needs to be in the parade with the others)

For sure a new paint job is in the plans.

Thanks for the "be Safe" comments. I will for sure.

Just bringing the trailer to the house, I can feel that flat front of the trailer pushing wind. Amazing how a little slope, like on my TT, helps!

04badford 05-11-2013 10:32 PM

Enjoy the trip and be safe out there, dont forget the tie downs for the vintage , and a jack with 2 spares.

amdriven2liv 05-11-2013 11:03 PM

If you ever want to stop in Miles for lunch or dinner, the Family owns the Yellowstone Tavern there.

First exit (exit 141) from the East into Miles, turn right, go until the T in the road, left turn, then not quite a mile down on the left. Should have room for you to park.

The family farm is near there.

BLADE35 05-11-2013 11:10 PM

Sean I know you told me about it the other day But I forgot what Kinda car was it???

I did that 1952 MG "TD" for my Aunt went threw all the brakes and Trans rebuilt the Carbs (It had TWIN CARBS) and had it running SWEET

amdriven2liv 05-12-2013 09:17 PM

Anthony, Anthony..

Saw you at Mile Post 90 on I-90 at right about 5 Pm Pacific Time.

Your wife was driving.

I waved!!!!! But she was sipping on a cold beverage it looked like. You must have been sleeping.

Any way. Are you coming back through here? (Miles City)

I'll be returning Next Sunday.

Benny................ 1928 Model A Coupe

run6.0run 05-13-2013 07:50 AM

Well crap!!!! Phone sig is hit n miss out there so I don't get to check here very often. That would've at least made a great pic,,, or 2, I could've taken one of u n vise versa. Lol. Did u notice my lil 29' fw??? She's a beaut. My favorite fw to pull.

amdriven2liv 05-13-2013 08:42 AM

Didn't get a great look at the trailer. Focus was on the puller and who was behind the wheel.

There sure were quite a few folks pulling new trailers to the west coast. What, were all of you held up do to wind, then released all at once! LOL

run6.0run 05-13-2013 08:53 AM

Yeah,,, I always say,,, the stop light turned red on the istate. Lol. Traffic is funny sometimes. I reread my last post,, I was trying to say a driving pic of both of us,, taken from opposite sides of the road. Lol.

amdriven2liv 05-13-2013 09:28 AM

That is what I told my wife "Should of had my camera ready!"

And her reply was " How the heck did you see him coming?"