Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Washington Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum188/)
-   -   april BS thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1234019-april-bs-thread.html)

BruteFord 04-13-2013 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Yahiko (Post 13061131)
Dylan,
It seems I may of waited too long to go to Costco and buy
flashlights. They are out of the C cell twin pack and it looks
like they are not going to bring them back in. They have a
lot of the three pack AAA ones @ just under $20.

Sean :-drink

Those light are crazy cool, I showed you the square beam. I'm happy enough with them that I went and spent some bucks on some 5000mAh NiMH batteries for them. Then thought I'd see how long I could get on a charge. So I started a timer and left it on high. Problem though, after about half an hour all the heat from how bright the light is heated the aluminum body to the point it was almost to hot to hold onto. I guess another cool benefit, it doubles as a hand warmer :-X04

And yes it's heat from the light, the reflector and batteries and LED are in separate aluminum housings. The reflector portion gets VERY hot then we all know how well aluminum transfers heat.

These aren't generally expensive or hard to find. They're made by CREE LED and as I've since learned they have some crazy cool lights rather cheap. I haven't yet found the same one, nor any as good that use standard batteries but. How about 1800Lumens for $16 I might get this one.
Or how about an INSAINE burn the paint off your truck bright 11 THOUSAND lumens

GruesomeJeans 04-13-2013 07:17 PM

That 1600LM smaller light looks nice. The other one is a bit expensive.

BruteFord 04-13-2013 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans (Post 13061374)
That 1600LM smaller light looks nice. The other one is a bit expensive.

Keep in mind those use special batteries, make sure they come with or you will need to also buy spares and a charger.

GruesomeJeans 04-13-2013 07:50 PM

It says it can use 3 AAA batteries which are not included.

11. Battery Configuration: 1 x 18650 or 3x AAA Batteries(not included)

I don't know what the one battery is but I'm sure you could find it somewhere.

jgavac 04-13-2013 08:13 PM

Check out the Redline flashlight from Neebo. It'll run you close to 30 bucks, but god damn the things are bright. Focusable too. I have it with me whenever I'm working on something.

Only downside is the 3 aaa batteries only last 4 hours on max power

Edit:
This is what I've got.
http://www.nebotools.com/prod_details.php?id=188&cid=16

joewelds 04-13-2013 08:58 PM

This is the big brother to what I have. Eventually it will be mine.

This one has a couple more features than mine does. I believe that's the MT-7, and mine is the T-7. 3 aaa batts last 100 hours, the first ten hrs are almost too bright. My flashlight has kick the crap outta all others I have seen in the shipyards. I have had two so far. My buddy bought me my newest one three years ago, so I gave away my older one.

joshofalltrades 04-17-2013 01:28 AM

well boys, i don't know what it is about me and right-front tires, but last year i had 2 of them explode, and in the past month i've had 2 of them go out-of-round to where they make the truck shake at speed. holy hell man, can i just keep a f***ing set of tires on here for a single year without having them blow up, get out of round, wear out prematurely, or otherwise f*** me over?!

sorry for the rant, its been a stressful week, and when i got home here i decided i'd better check out my tires and front end to see what i was feeling so much of. sure enough, right front is out of round again. i've only had that set of tires on there for a few weeks, but it seems that whatever i put in that position just gets funny on me. i really don't get it!

Yahiko 04-17-2013 03:26 AM

I know that someone asked I think. But hows the alignment?
My 02 Ranger did some strange things to tires and it was
out quite a bit. New set of tires and alignment problem solved.

GruesomeJeans 04-17-2013 08:51 AM

That sucks man, tires get expensive.

joshofalltrades 04-17-2013 11:05 AM

at the last meet some of the boys looked at how the tires are worn and said it was toed out a little. my tape measure wouldn't give a consistent reading, so i pulled them in 1/2 turn of the adjusting sleeve, and they feel more funny wear now than they did before. so i'm wondering if somebody got to thinking backward there....
whatever it is, the out-of-round tire is staying on there for at least another day, maybe longer. hopefully it doesn't blow up on me

Yahiko 04-17-2013 01:54 PM

Just be careful.

joshofalltrades 04-19-2013 12:46 AM

well i had a theory tonight about my vibrations and everything i've been feeling from this van these last couple weeks. and when i get ideas, i get dangerous :)
a few weeks ago i smashed the left side of the rear bumper in pretty good, and pulled it back out to where it looked almost straight. but all the pieces were sloppy and free to move around all over the place. i started thinking this might be my issue, so i took a piece of angle iron and screwed it in to connect the face piece with the top piece. then i decided i wasn't satisfied yet cause it still wasn't as solid as the right side, so i took a piece of 2x1/4 flat bar and put it on edge under there, like the original bar thats been missing since the PO smashed the bumper years ago. once i welded that into place, the bumper was solid as can be, and has no noticeable flex when i stand on the end and jump on it. i think i'm satisfied with it, and i hope that'll solve these vibrations that have been driving me crazy.

if that doesn't do it, i'll have to start swapping tires around to see if i can remove a problem that way

GruesomeJeans 04-19-2013 08:09 AM

Good luck buddy

joshofalltrades 04-20-2013 01:54 AM

well, even with a solid bumper i'm still feeling something funny going on. and i noticed a funny hole in my tread on the right rear tire - just a chunk of rubber missing from the middle of the tread, about the size that i can stick the tip of my finger in there and have it buried about halfway up my fingernail.
so i think i'll have to set these tires aside to see if i can lose this vibration. maybe i'll find time this weekend if its not too late.

jgavac 04-20-2013 10:09 AM

Josh, have you thought about a heavier duty tire? It's possible that with the weight and characteristics of your van, light truck tires won't cut it.