Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: GruesomeJeans

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-01-2013, 02:44 AM
Postmaster

joshofalltrades has a good reputation on FTE.joshofalltrades has a good reputation on FTE.
april BS thread

well boys, its still a few minutes before the clock hits april, but i figure i can start the april thread a few minutes early

spent my evening pushing wires around the van, now my engine driven battery charger can connect to the front, rear, or right side of the van, and my jumper cables can also hook up to all of those points. i also got wires run to my winch, so next time i get myself stuck on some easy trail i can just slide it in the hitch, plug in the wires, and go. well, that works if i bring the winch with me anyway

maybe tomorrow i'll get around to installing some tires with actual tread on them, then i'll figure out my work schedule for the week

whats new with y'all
Old 04-01-2013, 03:13 AM
Senior User

joewelds is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have welding cable. Well on a limited basis. Don't know if that helps anyone.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:55 AM
Posting Guru

BruteFord is a splendid one to beholdBruteFord is a splendid one to beholdBruteFord is a splendid one to beholdBruteFord is a splendid one to beholdBruteFord is a splendid one to beholdBruteFord is a splendid one to behold
It could really really really help me, I just got a welder that was missing the cables.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:52 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
pages/Bronco-Nation/333812929968547 GruesomeJeans
Ahh lunch time at work. I could just about fall sleep in the bronco right now.

Anyways pertaining to the other meet thread, I was talking about Sean's computer issue he was having as far as the DEA video goes, that S is pretty funny.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:31 PM
New User

Tumwater Mudder is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey guys new on the forum here! Just picked up a 1997 F250 HD in December. Got a 6in lift with 3in body lift of 37/13.50/18 Toyo MT. Just picked up a new Warn Winch bumper yesterday for cheap. Making new mounts for it right now. will post pics when done.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Posting Guru

BruteFord is a splendid one to beholdBruteFord is a splendid one to beholdBruteFord is a splendid one to beholdBruteFord is a splendid one to beholdBruteFord is a splendid one to beholdBruteFord is a splendid one to behold
Welcome to WA FTE
Old 04-02-2013, 02:45 AM
Postmaster

joshofalltrades has a good reputation on FTE.joshofalltrades has a good reputation on FTE.
well boys, another day in paradise, and almost another blown tire. driving it today i started getting a minor vibration from the front end, which felt like a tire out of balance. all tires were intact with no sign of having lost any weights, so i swapped out the fronts for 2 of the 16.5s that i got from oddfordjunkie after the meet, and sure enough, the vibe went away.
so i'll be taking the pair of nearly worn out rubbers i pulled off back to the tire shop where i got them, and have them check the balance and for any damage, probably gonna condemn one of them - but it sure beats having it blow out like mine usually do.

i'm thinking about going to the 16.5s all around until they're worn out, but i don't have a spare in that height, and with a locking diff in the rear, i can't mismatch tires on the rear... so i think i might just run the 16.5s which measure 29" tall up front, and keep the 16s that measure 31" out back. keeps the speedo honest and keeps me with a spare that matches the tires on the drive axle.

i'm just damn lucky i didn't blow it up this time around
Old 04-02-2013, 05:48 AM
Post Fiend

Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.
There is a place here on Canyon Road before you get to
that has decent used tires Boeing Frederickson. Not
far from my house.

Sean
6.0l Forum Map : Ask me About It
Old 04-02-2013, 12:47 PM
Postmaster

yeah, i have a few used tire places around here too, but if i can kill brand new tires in 8 months, i can kill used tires in a few weeks. the ones i got from oddfordjunkie were too cheap to pass up, and still in pretty good shape, so i'm breaking my own rule running used tires in the first place.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:36 PM
Posting Guru

jgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to all
Jameson Gavac jagg007
Well I'm defiantly happy that I'm now able to work outside in the evening again and not have to use shop lights

All kidding aside, it is really nice to be able to come home from work or college and still have some time to work on projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIO Silver View Post
Thanks for the myopic criticism Montana. You're bundle of joy.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:00 AM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
Evening guys. Got my rims on today, I think it looks pretty good.

Click the image to open in full size.
Visit Washington Chapter HERE!

Washington Member Map
Old 04-04-2013, 12:02 AM
Posting Guru

jgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to all
Jameson Gavac jagg007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans View Post
Evening guys. Got my rims on today, I think it looks pretty good.

Click the image to open in full size.
Looking good man. At first I thought you had something on the roof of your truck, but then I realized it was the shell station..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIO Silver View Post
Thanks for the myopic criticism Montana. You're bundle of joy.

Last edited by jgavac; 04-04-2013 at 12:02 AM. Reason: fixed html
Old 04-04-2013, 12:09 AM
Post Fiend

Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.
It does look like a roof rack.

Well sort of.

Sean
P.S. Almost for got. The rims look very nice.
6.0l Forum Map : Ask me About It
Old 04-04-2013, 12:11 AM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

Haha it does look like a roof rack. And thanks, I wasn't sure how they would look but I'm glad they look good.
Visit Washington Chapter HERE!

Washington Member Map
Old 04-04-2013, 12:57 AM
Postmaster

yeah, i like that big yellow rack on your roof

and whats that chain hanging down under the center of the door? is that a step to help you get in, or a safety device to catch a broken driveline before you pole-vault?
Old 04-04-2013, 12:57 AM