Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1978 - 1996 Big Bronco (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum44/)
-   -   What did you do to the Bronco Today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1184560-what-did-you-do-to-the-bronco-today.html)

gatorfor88 03-15-2015 07:01 AM

My ol Gal developed a miss over the last 2 months. Since I dont drive it everyday I havent looked that hard for it until yesterday. Pulled plug wires and found 2 dead cylinders. Pulled valve covers and no bent pushrods, no loose rockers. Turned engine over and valves are opening and closing. I havent done a compression test yet but I suspect a burnt valve (actually 2). I will probably take it to a friend of mine who owns a shop and let him fix it. I am getting too old to bend over under the hood.

Toyman 03-15-2015 11:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just got done with the Scat racing seat install. Much better than the stock low back buckets.

GruesomeJeans 03-15-2015 12:14 PM

Rich those are some nice seats. What did they run you? If I didn't love my bench and its possible usefulness (if I ever get to use it), I'd shoot for similar ones. I actually considered racing seats in my fox but as of recently I've decided out of my 3 vehicles, 1 has to go. The bronco is off the table already. The F150 carried my ass 622 miles without giving out, that leaves the stang. Its got so many issues that I need to sell it. I manage to round up 98% of the interior bits but cleaning and painting takes ages, not to mention the engine is beat to hell, and the transmission is losing 3rd.

On another note, if that get sold I'll be more likely to work on the bronco. And may or may not pick up a 70s F series.

arctic y block 03-15-2015 01:01 PM

Rich? I have the same seats as pictured in my Bronk. They was in it when I got it.
They sell on JC Whitney for around a $100 last I looked each.
I Hate Them, and so does even the girls that ride with me. They are Ball Busters.
My Bronk is stock but even then with the 31X12 tires it hurts to get in and really
hurts to get out. Maybe if I was 6 foot tall it would be better. But I would trade
these seats for stock ones in a hart beat. After you use them for a bit please come
back and tell us if what I say aint true. The raised side when ya get out hangs
you up where it hurts. I don't care who ya are. Unless you can sit down in them
without sliding in or out they get ya every time your not paying attention.

Please let me know how they work for you. They are great other wise and would
work in a rig that was low to the ground.

Toyman 03-15-2015 05:02 PM

So far I like em. I prolly drove around 60 miles today.

I'm not using this as a daily driver, it is a toy. I do use it in the sand off road so it will hold me in better.

Dylan the brackets to install them actual cost more than the seats did. I have about $375 into all of it.

arctic y block 03-15-2015 06:17 PM

Yes I agree once in them they are great off road
and comfortable road seats. The only problem
we have had was getting in and out. The more lift
the more painful it is. So what shape are your old
buckets in?

Toyman 03-15-2015 07:40 PM

Like new. Two tone blue.

SDElwood 03-16-2015 07:16 AM

I kept sweeping up rust.

Toyman 03-16-2015 07:18 AM

I almost made it out to your place, but found Curt at his shop in Middleville and hung out there for a minute then went back home.....

What concerns me about all the rust is what has happened to the main frame rails. That thing is going to need a good scraping and some POR to keep it from getting as bad as some of the pieces you sent me...

SDElwood 03-16-2015 07:26 AM

Not scared... it's a woods truck.

Toyman 03-16-2015 07:28 AM

I would still do something to slow it down at least. Lots of time and energy to have it rot away this summer

SDElwood 03-16-2015 07:29 AM

Of course you would. You're OCD.

Toyman 03-16-2015 07:30 AM

Well there's that.....

SDElwood 03-16-2015 07:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It's not that rusty. I think it's because it spent so much time near Dylan.

SDElwood 03-16-2015 07:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Proof that it's Washington rust. On a bright note, I named it George.