Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   335 Series- 5.8/351M, 6.6/400, 351 Cleveland (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum54/)
-   -   T Meyer Rotating assembly (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1061650-t-meyer-rotating-assembly.html)

Casey429 04-24-2011 10:26 PM

T Meyer Rotating assembly

Hey everyone. I'm looking at building a healthy, steetable 400 for my '77 F-250. I've gotten the block hot tanked, line honed and bored .030 over. I've been kicking around the idea of getting the Tim Meyer balanced rotating assembly. I was just curious if anyone was using one of these, or at least some of the parts and what you think of them. Thanks!

POPAJON 04-25-2011 03:47 PM

Tim is a great guy to get to know. I've gotten his flat top pistons and a lot of info from him. IMO go for it. Just follow his recommendations and you can't go wrong. John

smokeyb97 04-25-2011 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Casey429 (Post 10261499)
Hey everyone. I'm looking at building a healthy, steetable 400 for my '77 F-250. I've gotten the block hot tanked, line honed and bored .030 over. I've been kicking around the idea of getting the Tim Meyer balanced rotating assembly. I was just curious if anyone was using one of these, or at least some of the parts and what you think of them. Thanks!

I'm using his engine kit and pistons in my 351M/408 and I'm really pleased with the parts. I'm using a 400 crank from him also, but I'm using my original rods.
Just a suggestion, if you're going to use a flat tappet cam I would recommend using Tim's inspected lifters. I'm speaking from experience, the quality control for flat tappet lifters is lacking. After having to pull the intake and replace brand new lifters because of leak-down issues that resulted in valve-train ticking, you'll be glad you went with his new inspected lifters, BELIEVE ME! Tim goes the extra mile to have each lifter checked before sending out.

Casey429 04-25-2011 11:38 PM

Thanks for the input, guys. I'm looking at getting the whole deal just because my crank needs work (polished, maybe even possibly cut .010 under), and I like the idea that its balanced. The engine I bought also came with an Edelbrock Performer 400 intake. And yes, I will be going with a flat tappet cam, possibly this unit from Comp:

COMP Cams K32-221-3 - COMP Cams High Energy Cam and Lifter Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Being that lifter quality seems to be lacking, I'm going to definitley look into the inspected ones. I'll probably still get the K-kit just to get the valvesprings, locks and retainers. Smokeyb97, might I ask you what cam are you running? Also, what kind of rocker arms? Any other valvetrain modifactions?

smokeyb97 04-26-2011 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Casey429 (Post 10266144)
Thanks for the input, guys. I'm looking at getting the whole deal just because my crank needs work (polished, maybe even possibly cut .010 under), and I like the idea that its balanced. The engine I bought also came with an Edelbrock Performer 400 intake. And yes, I will be going with a flat tappet cam, possibly this unit from Comp:

COMP Cams K32-221-3 - COMP Cams High Energy Cam and Lifter Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Being that lifter quality seems to be lacking, I'm going to definitley look into the inspected ones. I'll probably still get the K-kit just to get the valvesprings, locks and retainers. Smokeyb97, might I ask you what cam are you running? Also, what kind of rocker arms? Any other valvetrain modifactions?

I'm running the CompCam 255DEH, Scorpion roller rockers #1024 and oem valves, springs and retainers.