Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Minnesota Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum86/)
-   -   welcome to the your an April FOOL thread..... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1055010-welcome-to-the-your-an-april-fool-thread.html)

DieselCamper01 04-04-2011 10:19 AM

Good morning Tom and Troy

Excursion4X4 04-04-2011 10:23 AM

Busy, and I will be no help on those questions, now that thats out of the way, GOOD MORNING MN!

DieselCamper01 04-04-2011 10:36 AM

All you guys with 7.3's. What kind om MPG have you been seeing this winter? I did a lot of partial fillups so I don't have a lot of data but on my last tank I did a mileage check and I only got 10-11 mpg. This seems way low even taking into consideratin I do mostly shorts runs. No boost leaks last I checked either. My mileage has been rotten for a while now too.

MisterCMK 04-04-2011 11:06 AM

I know I don't have a 7.3 but my mileage has been ****ty too. It is coming back up though as the fuel is getting better.

DieselCamper01 04-04-2011 11:11 AM

Thanks Chris. I know it is always worse in the winter but I don't remember getting this bad of mileage in the past. Just seems even my summer mpg are low compared to some (Troy).

HP junkie 04-04-2011 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by 84-6.9L (Post 10178844)
Cory, try looking for a drag link

Thanks Tom, I'll give it a try.

HP junkie 04-04-2011 11:30 AM

Not sure on the MPG Jay. I haven't been keeping track. I did avg 12 MPG on the way back from Indiana with the camper, but that was summertime.

DieselCamper01 04-04-2011 12:07 PM

That's better than I get with my camper. I only get 10 on the top end and a lot of times 9 mpg.

MisterCMK 04-04-2011 12:45 PM

I can tell you exactly what I get later tonight. I've got all of my fuel receipts and mileage on the computer at home.

arnoldhunter 04-04-2011 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Skattracker3 (Post 10178357)
Good morning Steve, Dave, Eric & Tom if still around.

Eric, you have alot more ambition than I do. That sounds like a major job. There is not alot of electronics on those era trucks so switching the 86 cab to the 84 frame may not be so bad, but going the other way sounds like alot of headaches. It would probably be eaier to lenghten the frame of the dsl and drop the CC on that. Your biggest issue will be to find a correct length drive shaft..

I thought about that too. But, the C&C has re-inforcement straps above and below the frame. I suppose if I could lengthen aft of those, but ahead of the axle, it'd work.

Originally Posted by DieselCamper01 (Post 10178748)
Good morning guys.

I don't have an answer for either Eric or Cory. Sorry guys.

Apology aceepted.

Originally Posted by 84-6.9L (Post 10178799)
Eric, the diesels use a different guage cluster and the wiring to the motor will be different, but as we say on the idi forum they are stupid simple. What about putting the diesl into the crewcab? You'd have everything you would need sitting in the c&c. Your c&c rear axle will work as long as you are able to move the spring pearches.

I almost think it'd be more work to go that way. But, I'm not deadset against it. I guess that the frame would be strong enough for my purposes. But, the C&C frame is much more robust.

Originally Posted by fordpower88 (Post 10178807)
No matter what you do with these trucks to get what you want it sounds like a lot of work. Not that it can't be done just a lot of work. Have you figured up moeny wise what you would have into one truck to get it the way you want? I guess if it were me I would figure that price out and then maybe you could sell both trucks you have now and take the money you were going to stick into them and add it to what you get for the trucks and buy one truck done the way you want. Just a thought.......

I've thrown that one around multiple times, in my head. I may do just that. But, it'll be harder to pretend that it's been out there all along. I swear, dear.

The Diesel is a good running truck. I'd hate to tear it apart and make it useless just to make the other one run. I'd love to have a crewcab. No doubt about that.

Thanks for the comments guys. My sanity check is starting to look like it's resulting in negative.

DieselCamper01 04-04-2011 12:50 PM

I wish I were that detailed sometimes Chris.

fordpower88 04-04-2011 01:01 PM

Good afternoon guys! A little windy out there today!

Originally Posted by DieselCamper01 (Post 10179019)
All you guys with 7.3's. What kind om MPG have you been seeing this winter? I did a lot of partial fillups so I don't have a lot of data but on my last tank I did a mileage check and I only got 10-11 mpg. This seems way low even taking into consideratin I do mostly shorts runs. No boost leaks last I checked either. My mileage has been rotten for a while now too.

Well Jay I can't give you a accurate check as I honestly haven't checked mine all winter. It always goes to crap in the winter so I never check it. I will have to start checking again. They should be about done with the winter fuel soon. Have you checked your up pipes for leaks cause according to my boost gauge all was good but then when I had the tranny out last year and saw all the soot on the old trans that told a different story.

Originally Posted by arnoldhunter (Post 10179469)
I've thrown that one around multiple times, in my head. I may do just that. But, it'll be harder to pretend that it's been out there all along. I swear, dear.

Well Eric you could always say "look what I found under that snowbank"! LOL

dlibson 04-04-2011 01:12 PM

Afternoon guys!

Eric I have some thoughts for you, but it will have to wait till I'm not on my phone.

Cory, drag link is correct, you don't need to get the adjuster, but you will need an alignment...

Jay, it was all highway, but I got 16 out to Troy's... Miss my 6.0 milage...

HP junkie 04-04-2011 01:18 PM

Thanks Dave, I know I need an alignment. Thats what started this whole thing w/ the buick and now my truck. I hope thats it (although I only have one vehicle left).

DieselCamper01 04-04-2011 01:21 PM

All highway I do ok. At least I used too. Haven't done any of that either for a long time.

When we had my tranny out there was no soot and I have looked before and all looked good.

I wonder if my EBP line is clogged with soot? I tried to take it off once to check and couldn't. Sensor looked ok though.