Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   N. California Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum90/)
-   -   AUG 7th - Summer Get Together! Food and trucks... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/973819-aug-7th-summer-get-together-food-and-trucks.html)

fastmover 07-13-2010 08:41 PM

AUG 7th - Summer Get Together! Food and trucks...

... what could be better?:-bigparty
How about Saturday, August 7th at Lodi or some central location?? We can BBQ/grill, look at trucks, chat and have a good time. I propose Micke Grove in Lodi, but that is open.:-drink

Who is in????????

:-bigparty

:-headbang

:-partybud

TigerDan 07-14-2010 10:34 AM

I have plans for that day, but not till 1:00, and I can be a couple hours later than that.

For the following two reasons, I propose someplace in the East Bay: The first is purely selfish; my thing on that day is in Berkeley and the closer I am to start with, the less travel time between the two.

The second is that any place in the Central Valley in the summer is likely to be triple digits or close to it, which sort of takes the fun out of it. Maybe we could do it some place close to the water, some place that's nice and cool and still sort of centrally located. Start around 9:00-10:00 am, maybe pick a place with optional camping nearby for those who have to come any sort of distance. I'm even thinking Vallejo or nearby...

Suggestions/comments?

3Mike6 07-14-2010 04:16 PM

Might be tough for me...not that anyone cares!...but I've a load of stuff going on over the next month or so.

TigerDan 07-14-2010 04:25 PM

Oh we care, Mike...but you're such a homebody that you won't attend a damn thing if it's anywhere but your own back yard, so we didn't figure on you coming anyway...:D

F350 Strait 07-14-2010 04:51 PM

I can make the date & place but then being retired I don't have may demands on my time.

Earl

olfordsnstone 07-14-2010 11:19 PM

I'll check to see if I can make it. The guys at work have mentioned having a camping party at Lake Topaz on that weekend to celebrate with me my retirement. These guys would be the folks hosting the ONLY retirement party I would really wish to attend, although I will still need to attend the stuffy formal gathering with all the mucky mucks from the base on a different date. I will check to see if this date was carved in stone, or if they've been considering a different date. If they have a different date in mind, I'll do what I can to make it over the hill for the meet. If you guys want to change to a different weekend it might be better for me, but I'll do what I can.

Tiger Dan, you'd better make it. If I do in fact manage to come all the way over the hill, you'd have little excuse to stand us up. HAAAA!

Let me know if you all select a different date/place so I can take another look at the calendar. Thanks Karl, for taking the bull by the horns, T

fastmover 07-15-2010 10:09 PM

Ok, let's keep August 7th, but Dan has a good point about it being hot. I am happy to host it at my place in Vallejo. I will also check around the Vallejo area and see if there is a good park to meet at. Otherwise, maybe keep at Lodi.

Is Vallejo too far out of the way for anyone?

I can't make it Aug 14th because my wife and will be celebrating our anniversary.

95_Dually 07-15-2010 11:35 PM

I am in...I would rather keep it in the Vallejo area.......only because the temps in the valley are high for sure....But I would go almost anywhere for a good BBQ with a bunch of Ford guys.

olfordsnstone 07-16-2010 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by fastmover (Post 9113690)

I can't make it Aug 14th because my wife and will be celebrating our anniversary.

That's OK, you can inviter her too... :-X10

joe f350 07-20-2010 12:39 PM

u guys want to set up car pool cause i realt dont trust my truck yet even thought u justpaid 273 to reg it

3Mike6 07-22-2010 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by TigerDan (Post 9108538)
Oh we care, Mike...but you're such a homebody that you won't attend a damn thing if it's anywhere but your own back yard, so we didn't figure on you coming anyway...:D

See how you are?

:-X01

fastmover 07-24-2010 07:08 PM

So, it has been hot in the central valley, but 70's in Vallejo. I am thinking Vallejo may be the ticket. I am going to look for a park around her or in the east bay to host this thing.

TigerDan 07-25-2010 10:41 AM

Sounds good. I'm adding it to my calendar.

I suggest we plan on starting around 10:00 am.

ibuzzard 07-30-2010 11:33 AM

I've never been an active member of the NorCal chapter,but that's mostly because most of you guys seem to be from points north and inland(read:HOT).If you would ever come to your senses,LOL,and consider a get together in the more "hospitable" climate of the Santa Cruz/Monterrey Bay area,well I'd be up for it.There's the Beach Boardwalk in Santa Cruz, Roaring Camp Railroad in Felton,and some nice State parks that have picnic areas nearby and,that are under the redwoods.My "comfort zone" has somewhat narrowed,and I can't take the heat.Funny,from a guy recently back from working in both Iraq and Afghanistan.Maybe I'll meet you all,or some of you,someday.Steve.

95_Dually 07-30-2010 11:55 AM

Any luck finding a park Karl?

F350 Strait 08-02-2010 12:46 PM

Are we still getting together on the 7th? Where?

Earl

teleman01 08-02-2010 04:45 PM

will be watching to see you all come up with a location..marty

fastmover 08-02-2010 09:33 PM

Hi everyone,

I may have found a good park at the Martinez waterfront. The weather should be pretty good. I am going there tomorrow evening to check it out and get directions.

95_Dually 08-02-2010 10:33 PM

That sounds great.

fastmover 08-03-2010 10:17 PM

Hi everyone,

Here are the details with locations and times. Sorry for the delay.

When: Saturday, Aug. 7th. Start warming up the charcoals at 10 AM

Where: Martinez Regional Shoreline Park -
  • Take the Marina exit off of I680, follow the long windy Marina Vista Road past the refinery and into the downtown.
  • Turn right at the old train station on to Ferry Street.
  • Take the right fork in the road which becomes Joe Di Maggio way.
  • Go to the first parking lot to the left and look for my truck. I 'll snag us a table nearby with a grill.

Park's website and location:
Website:Martinez Regional Shoreline | East Bay Regional Park District

Google Maps:

Bring whatever you want to eat and drink (no alcohol allowed in the park, sorry) I will bring some charcoal, hamburger patties and buns.

So, who is in?????

See you there.

My Truck
https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...id=210029&.jpg

joe f350 08-04-2010 12:55 AM

np i cand drive my truck there s u guys there

olfordsnstone 08-04-2010 10:06 AM

I'm gonna see if I can make it. Martinez is a looooooong way for me to come but I'd really like to make it out there to see you guys. No promises though. That's a looooong way. So rendezvous time is 10:00?

TigerDan 08-04-2010 01:16 PM

I'll be there. Won't be able to drive the truck, bummer, 'cause I finally got around to charging the A/C!) and will have to leave by 2:00 at the very latest. Just found out the other thing I committed to go to that day was moved to Sunnyvale from Berkeley so that increases my travel time between events...

joe f350 08-04-2010 08:22 PM

hey dan u want to do a tug of war

ichabod40 08-05-2010 12:39 PM

I would love to come and hang out, and meet everyone but I'm on shift this Saturday and won't be able to make it. Sorry guys! Hopefully next time!

olfordsnstone 08-05-2010 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by ichabod40 (Post 9187353)
but I'm on shift this Saturday

Fireman by chance?

95_Dually 08-06-2010 01:21 AM

I am going to try to make it....The boss set up a job for Saturday that may run into Sunday....I will post up for sure.

ichabod40 08-06-2010 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by olfordsnstone (Post 9189337)
Fireman by chance?

Hydro-electric plant operator, actually.

olfordsnstone 08-07-2010 12:30 AM

Guys, I just aint gonna be able to make it. When it rains it pours. Been running a buddy back and forth to town to try and fix his piece of chevy. Of course all this going on while my F350 is at the Ford dealer getting a clutch fan diagnosed and R&R'd. It was suppose to be done mid day today, but they just got it finished this evening at closing time and I missed the call to tell me it was ready for pickup. Now they say to pick it up tomorrow between 9:00 and 4:00. Sooooo, it just aint gonna happen. I really wanted to get over there and meet up with you guys too. Hopefully next time, T

fastmover 08-07-2010 09:56 AM

That is ok Tim. We will eat your burger for you. Next time I will get earlier word out.

TigerDan 08-08-2010 01:22 AM

Well...It was just Karl and I. We BBQ'd some burgers, BS'd a bit and wondered where the rest of you were.

Sure is tough to get this group together sometimes...:D

ShamelessMT 08-08-2010 02:10 PM

I would've been there, but the 1300 mile drive (one way) was a little much. I'm still expecting to move back to Chico in the not-too-distant future, so I'll be there next time.

joe f350 08-08-2010 02:24 PM

it was the ne but the marrina right i left my place at 3 was i to late i was working one my freind caddy earlyer that day it went longer them i thought

TigerDan 08-08-2010 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by ShamelessMT
I would've been there, but the 1300 mile drive (one way) was a little much.

I dunno...seems like a pretty lame excuse to me...:D

joe f350 08-08-2010 09:53 PM

what time where u guys there

olfordsnstone 08-08-2010 10:08 PM

Sure missed out. Dammit, we all did (except Karl and Dan). Next time we need to get the date set a little earlier so folks can make concrete plans. I was going to try to make it, even on short notice, but things just went terribly wrong. Old freakin Murphy set up camp in my house for the weekend and laid down the law.
Glad you guys had a nice time, even without my cheery face hangin around. Did Dan play some of that fine guit-fiddle music?

TigerDan 08-08-2010 10:13 PM

We got there at 10:00 (well, Karl did, I got there about 10:15) and fired up the barby around 11:00, gave up on everyone and called it a day around 12:30.

I had the guitar with me but didn't get it out. It was really windy and even a bit on the chilly side down there Saturday, another reason we didn't feel much like sticking it out too awful long.

95_Dually 08-10-2010 02:11 AM

I had to work in Sacramento o. Saturday....sorry I missed getting together with you guys. I never have anything going on on the weekends and then when something like this comes up.....suddenly I have to work. Next time for sure.

oreocreaming 08-14-2010 12:45 AM

damn, i wish id have known it was goin on. i havent been in here for a while. damn man... next time, joes ass PM me!

nevrenufhp 08-14-2010 02:04 PM

I had that weekend planned a few months ago. We'll have to setup something sometime soon.