Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Northern Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

California, Northern Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-13-2010, 08:41 PM
Posting Guru

fastmover is a splendid one to beholdfastmover is a splendid one to beholdfastmover is a splendid one to beholdfastmover is a splendid one to beholdfastmover is a splendid one to beholdfastmover is a splendid one to beholdfastmover is a splendid one to behold
Talking AUG 7th - Summer Get Together! Food and trucks...

... what could be better?
How about Saturday, August 7th at Lodi or some central location?? We can BBQ/grill, look at trucks, chat and have a good time. I propose Micke Grove in Lodi, but that is open.

Who is in????????

Old 07-14-2010, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

TigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputation
I have plans for that day, but not till 1:00, and I can be a couple hours later than that.

For the following two reasons, I propose someplace in the East Bay: The first is purely selfish; my thing on that day is in Berkeley and the closer I am to start with, the less travel time between the two.

The second is that any place in the Central Valley in the summer is likely to be triple digits or close to it, which sort of takes the fun out of it. Maybe we could do it some place close to the water, some place that's nice and cool and still sort of centrally located. Start around 9:00-10:00 am, maybe pick a place with optional camping nearby for those who have to come any sort of distance. I'm even thinking Vallejo or nearby...

Suggestions/comments?

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:16 PM
Postmaster

3Mike6 has a good reputation on FTE.3Mike6 has a good reputation on FTE.
Might be tough for me...not that anyone cares!...but I've a load of stuff going on over the next month or so.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

TigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputation
Oh we care, Mike...but you're such a homebody that you won't attend a damn thing if it's anywhere but your own back yard, so we didn't figure on you coming anyway...

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Senior User

F350 Strait is starting off with a positive reputation.
I can make the date & place but then being retired I don't have may demands on my time.

Earl

06 F350 Crew Cab, Dually 4wd
79 F350 Super Cab 2wd
Old 07-14-2010, 11:19 PM
Postmaster

olfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to behold
I'll check to see if I can make it. The guys at work have mentioned having a camping party at Lake Topaz on that weekend to celebrate with me my retirement. These guys would be the folks hosting the ONLY retirement party I would really wish to attend, although I will still need to attend the stuffy formal gathering with all the mucky mucks from the base on a different date. I will check to see if this date was carved in stone, or if they've been considering a different date. If they have a different date in mind, I'll do what I can to make it over the hill for the meet. If you guys want to change to a different weekend it might be better for me, but I'll do what I can.

Tiger Dan, you'd better make it. If I do in fact manage to come all the way over the hill, you'd have little excuse to stand us up. HAAAA!

Let me know if you all select a different date/place so I can take another look at the calendar. Thanks Karl, for taking the bull by the horns, T

05 F350 4x4 CC SB Tow Com 6.0 Auto (camper puller)
74 F250 4x4 w/ C8-460 4sp (restore project and wood truck)
07 Everest 295TS Fifth Wheel (rolling beer drinkin' den)
56 Sweetheart (wife)
These are my ladies
Old 07-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Posting Guru

fastmover is a splendid one to beholdfastmover is a splendid one to beholdfastmover is a splendid one to beholdfastmover is a splendid one to beholdfastmover is a splendid one to beholdfastmover is a splendid one to beholdfastmover is a splendid one to behold
Ok, let's keep August 7th, but Dan has a good point about it being hot. I am happy to host it at my place in Vallejo. I will also check around the Vallejo area and see if there is a good park to meet at. Otherwise, maybe keep at Lodi.

Is Vallejo too far out of the way for anyone?

I can't make it Aug 14th because my wife and will be celebrating our anniversary.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:35 PM
Post Fiend

95_Dually has a great reputation on FTE.95_Dually has a great reputation on FTE.95_Dually has a great reputation on FTE.95_Dually has a great reputation on FTE.
I am in...I would rather keep it in the Vallejo area.......only because the temps in the valley are high for sure....But I would go almost anywhere for a good BBQ with a bunch of Ford guys.

Humble yourself and give thanks to GOD. <>< Family of 10 saved by Grace <><
95 CC Dually 3inch downpipe no muffler/cat, Edge, 6637 MOD, 140v, Midwest Short Throw Shifter, Luk Clutch, BB Mod
Old 07-16-2010, 06:23 PM
Postmaster

olfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmover View Post

I can't make it Aug 14th because my wife and will be celebrating our anniversary.
That's OK, you can inviter her too...

05 F350 4x4 CC SB Tow Com 6.0 Auto (camper puller)
74 F250 4x4 w/ C8-460 4sp (restore project and wood truck)
07 Everest 295TS Fifth Wheel (rolling beer drinkin' den)
56 Sweetheart (wife)
These are my ladies
Old 07-20-2010, 12:39 PM
Post Fiend

joe f350 has a good reputation on FTE.joe f350 has a good reputation on FTE.joe f350 has a good reputation on FTE.
u guys want to set up car pool cause i realt dont trust my truck yet even thought u justpaid 273 to reg it
Old 07-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Postmaster

3Mike6 has a good reputation on FTE.3Mike6 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerDan View Post
Oh we care, Mike...but you're such a homebody that you won't attend a damn thing if it's anywhere but your own back yard, so we didn't figure on you coming anyway...

See how you are?

Old 07-24-2010, 07:08 PM
Posting Guru

So, it has been hot in the central valley, but 70's in Vallejo. I am thinking Vallejo may be the ticket. I am going to look for a park around her or in the east bay to host this thing.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds good. I'm adding it to my calendar.

I suggest we plan on starting around 10:00 am.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:33 AM
Gone But Not Forgotten

ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.
I've never been an active member of the NorCal chapter,but that's mostly because most of you guys seem to be from points north and inland(read:HOT).If you would ever come to your senses,LOL,and consider a get together in the more "hospitable" climate of the Santa Cruz/Monterrey Bay area,well I'd be up for it.There's the Beach Boardwalk in Santa Cruz, Roaring Camp Railroad in Felton,and some nice State parks that have picnic areas nearby and,that are under the redwoods.My "comfort zone" has somewhat narrowed,and I can't take the heat.Funny,from a guy recently back from working in both Iraq and Afghanistan.Maybe I'll meet you all,or some of you,someday.Steve.
Anthony...Hey Kevin....Silly Boy...Hey John...Hey Dan... WOW! OYE!...OH
CRAP...just for giggles...GREAT JOB...Nice Work Tard!...takes a "womans
touch"...TeeHee...you jerks."
Old 07-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Post Fiend

95_Dually has a great reputation on FTE.95_Dually has a great reputation on FTE.95_Dually has a great reputation on FTE.95_Dually has a great reputation on FTE.
Any luck finding a park Karl?

Humble yourself and give thanks to GOD. <>< Family of 10 saved by Grace <><
95 CC Dually 3inch downpipe no muffler/cat, Edge, 6637 MOD, 140v, Midwest Short Throw Shifter, Luk Clutch, BB Mod
Old 07-30-2010, 11:55 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Northern Chapter

Tags
foods, summer, togethers