Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum28/)
-   -   What have you done to your truck today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/730516-what-have-you-done-to-your-truck-today.html)

jmccall85 09-15-2012 03:03 PM

just fitted my 3" body lift :) thought it was going to be a nightmare not to bad

anyone any ideas on how to move the rear bumper up got bit dark before a could get a good look

mpc07005 09-15-2012 03:19 PM

[QUOTE=Bob Gervais;12274240]Just to expand on this, it could be something as simple as a vacuum leak causing this. Pretty sure that truck only has 1 O2 sensor, so don't pay attention to which bank it's calling out. :)

Oh I know, unfortunately I think I've eliminated all my vac leaks, and my rear tank (which I've been running on lately) has thrown a code once or twice before. And its a Pre-MAF alright, so 1 HEGO. O2 sensor is ~1 year old, but I had to splice an extension into it over the summer. I might try to put it in a rig in our combustion lab to test it (I'm an engineering student) if I can get in there. Hopefully it'll be a easy and cheep fix so I can get out of open loop.

-Mike

firewood truck 09-15-2012 09:10 PM

I spent the afternoon removing the drivers side exhaust manifold to fix a leak. I had an entire exhaust system built yesterday, on the way home I heard the noise and knew what it was. I had one bolt break off on me, it was only 1 year old.:-arrgh I got past the broken bolt, I was able to chase all of the threads so no heli-coils today.

I checked the gasket surfaces on the manifold for a flat surface, it was warped on the ends. I was able to use layout fluid, then slowly file away the high spots until I got a flat surface, I could only get a .010 feeler gauge in the lowest spot, so I knew the gasket would seal it up. Once it was back on the truck and reassembled, the test drive gave me the results I was hoping for, no more leaks.

Paul T 09-15-2012 09:40 PM

I worked on replacing the rear spring shackle bracket that rusted out and left my spring being supported by the bottom of my bed the other day on my 96 F250 Crew. What a PIA! The shackle hanger bolt & bushing had to come out to get a new bracket on. I had to heat the bushing to finally get it out after using a come-along attached to an adjacent vehicle hitch to pull it out. I tried to grind off the rivets on the old bracket but it was getting late and I did not have a new bushing. So I quit for the day. Now I have to find time to get back on it. I don't know whether it was designed that way or just lucky, but the location of the bed stiffener carries the spring quite well.https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/p...ctureid=109652

minnesotafisherman 09-15-2012 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by jmccall85 (Post 12274251)
just fitted my 3" body lift :) thought it was going to be a nightmare not to bad

anyone any ideas on how to move the rear bumper up got bit dark before a could get a good look

What I did on mine to raise the rear bumper up 3 inches...

Read kd0axs 's post here:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post10647117

Jigger2020 09-16-2012 11:12 AM

Great info here guys, I love this forum

Redneckfordf2502002 09-16-2012 01:40 PM

Well guys sorry I forgot to get pics before it ended up mainly stripped but will try and get some. Plus most I am not going to be able to save it is completely so I am just taking a few small parts here and there.
Trav

SideWinder4.9l 09-16-2012 02:02 PM

I gave Michelle a good interior cleaning..She needed it...

Much to the dismay of my back (I pulled it outta whack day before yesterday :'()...

But it's done...Minus cleaning the windows (Out of cleaner)

Found a whole freakin' colony of ants under the passenger side of the floormat...And used the vaccum to suck them up...

Still curious as to why the heck I had a colony of ants living in a DAILY DRIVEN truck....I could be more inclined to see them sitting up homestead in a barely used/parked one...Definantly has me stumped..

Also considering the fact I do NOT leave ANY food in the truck (This being one of the reasons...Aside from the NASTY smell it leaves)...

ANd beyond that..The only food I eat, is my breakfast, as I drive to class...Anything else, I go in to eat/take it home...So idk..

But I do know Michelle has a nice "Fresh" smell/look to her now..

And also tracked down a new issue...Went to clean the wiring protector boot that goes from the door to the cab...And heard my stereo crackle and the door speaker stop working...

So it'll be getting all new wire to the front speakers when I swap dashes out....:-X18

Does it ever freakin end? :-hair

Bob Gervais 09-16-2012 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by SideWinder4.9l (Post 12277066)
Does it ever freakin end? :-hair

Nope! I'm constantly seeing modded trucks and thinking "I gotta do that!"

jmccall85 09-16-2012 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by minnesotafisherman (Post 12275456)
What I did on mine to raise the rear bumper up 3 inches...

Read kd0axs 's post here:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post10647117

cheers going to get a better look tomorow :-X22

big-ugly 09-16-2012 05:34 PM

Well when I was getting in to leave for work I realized someone had broken into my truck and my explorer last night, as well as my brother's car... As far as I can tell nothing was stolen.

Jigger2020 09-16-2012 06:19 PM

Sorry to hear that Big B, did they break windows or ...........

big-ugly 09-16-2012 06:20 PM

Nope, doors were unlocked. For that reason specifically.. I have nothing worth stealing in my vehicles..

Jigger2020 09-16-2012 06:23 PM

Do you have any idea who.........

big-ugly 09-16-2012 06:24 PM

None whatsoever.. I'm betting some young kids looking for smokes. (won't find any in my vehicles) Because the ash trays were open in all the vehicles. But so was the glove boxes (dumped onto the seats) and the arm rests (also emptied onto the seats).