Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum28/)
-   -   What have you done to your truck today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/730516-what-have-you-done-to-your-truck-today.html)

Midnite1987 09-02-2012 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by fdude64 (Post 12229885)
midnite i think you have the right set up to haul the rzr but i think i would be leary of loading it with ramps seems like a long climb, lol

i have 7' ramps and i secure them to the truck good before loading/unloading. by backing up all the weight is on the back end and the back wheels are the main drive so it puls it self up instead of pushes so it loads nice.
i have loaded in the mud of my driveway making it very slippery but still had no issues.

this is how i had it loaded the other weekend and it was 1/4" off the bump stop but those leafs were almost straight withiut the rzr on it. i ended up using my company enclosed trailer. shouldnt haelve that issue anymore...
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...025B40D5C3.jpg

Midnite1987 09-02-2012 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Puddy (Post 12229788)
Hey midnight I'll be back in town next week, coffee?

sent ya a pm

Encho 09-03-2012 07:39 AM

Midnite, buy a small winch for the platform, a 2000lbs should be fine (Engo looks like a nice, inexpensive brand, but Milemarker or Warn are great too). It will make loading/unloading that muddy atv so much easier and safer regardless of the weather.

norfolknova 09-03-2012 10:27 AM

I went out to pick n pull and pick up some power seat switches to use when I swap in the Navigator seats. I need to figure out how the lumbar adjustments work. though. Oh well thats for another day

matt

oldmongo 09-03-2012 10:59 AM

Well, I finally got around to changing my spark plugs... 2 1/2 years in service ... gap @ 54 thousandths (6 Liter style) stock motorcraft coppers. ALL the plugs that came out showed perfect burns... no carbon or oil any of them... next new wires !!!! :-X04 :-dancing1 Dave :-wink :-X22

Midnite1987 09-03-2012 11:32 AM

I don't have any issues loading it the way it is. There's always a hill or ditch somewhere if need be.

Encho 09-03-2012 01:44 PM

I was just saying, that would be less than $100 that would make everything so much safer. But it's your call and your truck, of course. I personally think it would be a great addition :).

norfolknova 09-03-2012 01:54 PM

Midnite,
Another thing to think about as far as adding a small winch. Should your RZR have a motor or trans failure while you are out for the weekend, you would still be able to easily load it to get back home for repairs. I have been out riding quads when one of them experienced engine failure ( wasn't mine luckily) and we were able to get it back tot he truck by towing it with one of the other quads, but it was a total bear loading it into a truck even with 3 people there. It was a Kawasaki 500cc 4x4 quad.

Matt

SideWinder4.9l 09-03-2012 02:01 PM

Did a small amount of degreasing the underside of the engine bay.....It's gonna take heat and PRESSURE....

But I tried some degreaser my mom picked up at a little "Dollar Tree" store...Everything is a buck in there...

And here's the results of using it on my Raised White Letters on my tires...

I LOVE it...

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...50411449_n.jpg

Also took my supply box out and cleaned it, and the contents...Freakin' gear oil was all over the bottom....Had amazingly gotten a hole in the side...How I'll never know...

But It's all cleaned an organized....And man it's got a lotta space left...:-X21

turnkyle 09-03-2012 02:46 PM

I actually drove my truck for the first time in about 2 or 3 weeks. Having a company vehicle to drive back and forth to work sure is nice but I do miss driving the old ford!

Puddy 09-03-2012 03:33 PM

Hah I'm lucky if I drive mine at least 10 times a year, summer of course.

Midnite1987 09-03-2012 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by norfolknova (Post 12231754)
Midnite,
Another thing to think about as far as adding a small winch. Should your RZR have a motor or trans failure while you are out for the weekend, you would still be able to easily load it to get back home for repairs. I have been out riding quads when one of them experienced engine failure ( wasn't mine luckily) and we were able to get it back tot he truck by towing it with one of the other quads, but it was a total bear loading it into a truck even with 3 people there. It was a Kawasaki 500cc 4x4 quad.

Matt

I have a winch on the front of the rzr If need be if disabled. And there will alway be a ditch or
Something somewhere if I have to.

norfolknova 09-03-2012 05:22 PM

Well if you have a winch on the RZR then you are golden. I had one even on my small Kawasaki Bayou 250. That was the best $150 i ever spent. Makes it real easy to recover yourself from knee deep mud

Matt

Midnite1987 09-03-2012 05:36 PM

Yeah I have a 4000lb winch on the front. It's definatly needed were I like to ride. Was planning on snorkeling it today but the wind is just too much lol

Plain Jane 09-03-2012 07:18 PM

Got rid of a lot of noise! Thought I might have something mechanical in addition to rattle when I hit a rough spot. Discovered that the heat sheild on my rear cat was only being held on by one bolt. 3 new stainless bolt/washer/nut combos later and the truck is quiet. The noise I thought might be mechanical (it only happened at certain speeds) has also gone away. Very psyched indeed. Also cut away some of the cruddy "pie pan" heat shields/whatever from inside the front rotors. Wash and vacuum, Maguire's tire shine applied. hit up all the grease fittings, the usual stuff. Nothing major but a decent few hours of truck detailing.