Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum28/)
-   -   What have you done to your truck today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/730516-what-have-you-done-to-your-truck-today.html)

bruno2 12-22-2011 09:05 PM

I like the brush gaurd bumber Marksa. I dont particularly like the location of the pulling eye on it though. Something needs to be fabbed up to where it bolts up to the frame. Where its at now doesnt give you anything solid to pull from. That little piece of pipe wouldnt last longer than a popcorn fart in a whirlwind if someone was trying to pull you off of a tic tac with it.

boosteverything 12-22-2011 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Kista20 (Post 6022913)
haven't done anything today to it but yesterday I replaced some instrument bulbs .

how long did that take ?

SideWinder4.9l 12-23-2011 07:29 AM

Bought a new tire to match the other tire on the rear...For winter....And lo, and behold, it's Dec., 23rd, and NO FREAKIN SNOW....W-T-F.....

Anywho....It's on there.....

Also picked up a 4 way lugbolt/nut wrench...Seems that my factory wrench, is too big for the lugnuts....:-huh

At least I'm good on tires, and have the ability to swap them out if need be.....:-X06

minnesotafisherman 12-23-2011 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by SideWinder4.9l (Post 11188609)
Bought a new tire to match the other tire on the rear...For winter....And lo, and behold, it's Dec., 23rd, and NO FREAKIN SNOW....W-T-F.....

Anywho....It's on there.....

Also picked up a 4 way lugbolt/nut wrench...Seems that my factory wrench, is too big for the lugnuts....:-huh

At least I'm good on tires, and have the ability to swap them out if need be.....:-X06

We haven't had any snow here either, and this morning I look out the window and we have an inch or so and it continues to snow. Just in time for the holidays :-drink

SideWinder4.9l 12-23-2011 08:29 AM

I forgot to add, that I bought a Sterlite tote, with a lid that snaps on via the handles that flip up to lock the lid down....pretty nifty, for $5...

It's approx. 24"L x 14"W x 5"H......Slides under the seat PERFECTLY.....

I'm using it to put food in.....As I'm a Security guard, and have to sit in the truck, things have to be VERY organized, and space saving.....So far, its a cakes/fruit (Small apples fit in it no prob) and cracker bin....

Thinking about going and picking another one up, for papers, pencils, etc.........Hmmmmm.....I have some space behind the seat (I have a Kicker Comp 10" sub/box, 2 bags (I tool bag with jumper cables, etc in it....And the other is my medical/first aid pack...)......Would be useful for office supplies, etc...:-X18

And as for the bed...I have 3 plastic crates...

2-Have assorted fluids, spare parts, cleaners, etc in them...
1-Has a about a 7-8" hole cut in the center of the bottom, for emergency, emergency toilet use....:D has served me WELL.....(Most places I have been stationed in 2 yrs has been REMOTE.....No one in 5-10 miles...:-hair)

And then there's my metal tool box, that I'm QUICKLY outgrowing....I'm either gonna add a second toolbox, or just bite the bullet and go large....

And I also keep my spare, jackstands, 5gallon spare fuel can, etc in the bed....So I'm thinking a LOT towards one of the huge plastic, lockable bins to store everything in.....Keep crap from rolling around..(I have a handle on it as of now....But just for neatness' sake....

Again, as a Security Guard, that is more or less, living in the truck, things have to be neat and tidy, and space is a RARE commodity.....

Next upgrades to the truck are-

1-Wiring it for 110v from front to rear (For use when home, and working on it...To plug in a drill, worklight, etc...Gonna put a 4 plug in "Block" in the bed, and one in the cab, in a console of sorts......

2-Wiring the bed for 12v outlets, and LED bedlights (The tarp really puts a damper on seeing things after dark...)...All will be accesible on the side of the bed via a switch....Directly opposite the bed pillar from the taillight, to discourage stuff hitting the switches/plugs...:-X19

LeoJr 12-23-2011 12:47 PM

Removed the original air filter box and put the 6637 filter on. Took an extra minute to drill the fuse box bracket and 'install' the air temp sensor thru it...very tidy rather than letting it flop around.

Started to add four grab handles (one above each door) and two clothes hanger clips. Got them from the junkyard, 2000 Explorer. They only have three so I had to get the fourth from another donor. Perfect color match!

Jason Lewis 12-23-2011 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by 86F150302 (Post 11150587)
Installed my V-leds tag frame reverse lights.

Pretty damn bright. No problem seeing anything in reverse now.

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/8264/imag0025ju.jpg

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/768/imag0027dy.jpg

To Dang bright, LMAO :-drink

ManicMike 12-23-2011 03:50 PM

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87...4/c77e0626.jpg

Took 5 mins to install and I love it. Can't wait to add the PA speaker }>

devils toy 12-23-2011 04:18 PM

I replace my radiator. Next week I get to replace glow plug harness and crank sensor and cam sensor and hopefully my truck will stop leaking or the tranny starts leaking to. That is the only thing not leaking.

Jaime74656 12-23-2011 04:41 PM

well I didn't do this to my truck, but I put the OEM antenna back on it and drove it to work today with it on (I get there around 0400 in the morning) and when I came out from getting off (at 13:00) it was gone off my truck :( and yes I did tighten it down with I believe a 14mm wrench (hex?) so it was tight on there...and had to put the small tiny black one back on which im starting to not really like anyways as it feels a bit on the flimsy side and bends in the wind unlike our antennas so im off to the you pick it places to find another one if possible...have some possible ones tho ;)

FORDF250HDXLT 12-23-2011 05:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
started installing clear front headlights and markers.got one side done.what a pain in the neck job.sure looks a lot nicer though and way brighter!
going to be nice to finally see at night instead of looking for the lines on the road with a little yellow glow up front coming out of the 17yr old faded lenses lmao!:D
i knew how bad they really were when i hooked up the plow last year with good lights and devoted relay's with full power draw off the bat.oh to have this vision without the plow on...............im going to feel spoiled.:D
new 94-97 PSD/eddie bauer bumper and fender replacements on they're way now too.:-X06

hmm.interesting.sort of looks like i got them lights with the black bezel in these pics because its night.i didn't though.still the stock chrome pieces.here's the ones i got:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150665156642...84.m1497.l2649

Boss08v10 12-23-2011 05:35 PM

bought a needle scaler for the 95 f150 project truck. Works great on the frame and chassis rust. Holy crap is it loud.

Jaime74656 12-23-2011 05:36 PM

lookin good with the lights!

jk89cat 12-23-2011 06:58 PM

the clear lights make these trucks 1 look newer, 2 give out better light and 3 just look cool!

muscletruck7379 12-24-2011 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Krazy351w (Post 11173510)
considered buying a set of longtube headers for my 93 bronco today.

after doing longtubes on both my capri and my highboy, I bought shorties for my 88...

hey wes, I have thought about applying for some security jobs now that i'm back in the states, and just spinning wrenches in my spare time, at least untill try to go back to school next fall, any thoughts? also, I have a buddy that has a crossbox that fits between the bed rails and its flush with the height of the box, I think that something similar would probably work really well in michelle!

we got ~3-4" here in the wyoming/colo/neb tri-state area. just enough to bring out the old ski-doo!:-jammin