Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum28/)
-   -   What have you done to your truck today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/730516-what-have-you-done-to-your-truck-today.html)

BIGskinny 07-06-2011 12:19 AM

alright thanks for the replys guys..the AC is put on hold for now..i have a popping in the front end now when hittin the brakes and also just hittin the gas ill feel it pop..thats a bit more important to figure out then my ac problem right now..dont wana loose controle of the ol girl driving one day.

Country705 07-06-2011 08:05 PM

Done the ford tauras dome light install. It looks great just like factory i was even forunate enough to buy a light grey one to match my interior. will take pics in a few days. If you are thinking about doing this be prepared to cut the extra piece of plastic that sticks up on the back side of the light for a good flush fit.

hammerhead90 07-06-2011 08:29 PM

Got another tank selector valve from pull-a-part. I also got lucky and scored a wood overhead switch panel from a centurion interior

Redcat Diesel 07-06-2011 08:51 PM

Determined that my new noise is coming from the right rear axle bearing. Since I've changed the bearing once before it's time to dig the spare rear out of storage and get ready to swap it out.

MarksA-C 07-06-2011 08:58 PM

Got my alignment! :-jammin
And also realize my steering gearbox is worn out pretty badly.
Replace or have it rebuilt/upgraded...

Southern Bronco 07-06-2011 10:50 PM

Run a compression and a tune up. Compression was 140 psi to 150 psi across the board.

Marine5811 07-06-2011 10:59 PM

Pretty much just drove it. Pulled an N14 out of a Steiger 9370 at work, though. Tore it down to replace a broken crank. It was split right down the middle between #3 and #4 journals. Also spun a main bearing, so the block is pretty much trashed and the cam lobes were almost all destroyed. Very cool. Not an everyday sight. Turns out the #3 piston and rod were installed 180* off and wasn't allowing oil to the main bearing or the camshaft. Carnage. Pictures later. Very cool. By the time I got off work, though, it was too dang hot to do anything to Clyde and my boy was in a good mood when I got home so I just played with the little man.

Midnite1987 07-06-2011 11:12 PM

finished mt exhaust

MarksA-C 07-07-2011 08:14 PM

Started the long process of final checkups before a road trip up to the cabin.
I did notice this though...

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...672650x488.jpg

Anyone else see a big chunk of leaf missing?
Making me very nervous about driving 3 hours 1 way with wood and other stuff in the back. :( Gotta make a run to the salvage yard tomorrow and see what they have around.

SideWinder4.9l 07-07-2011 08:23 PM

Started Operation clean bed tarp last night.....Cleaned the cab out today...ANd getting my windows tinted tomorrow...

5Rangers 07-07-2011 08:29 PM

Finished setting the new rear step bumper in place, began troubleshooting the extreme hesitation again,,checked the TFI for obvious defects, none found, rotor and cap and ignition system connectors look good. Went to the zone and picked a fuel pressure test kit.

Redcat Diesel 07-07-2011 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Marine5811 (Post 10544869)
Pretty much just drove it. Pulled an N14 out of a Steiger 9370 at work, though. Tore it down to replace a broken crank. It was split right down the middle between #3 and #4 journals. Also spun a main bearing, so the block is pretty much trashed and the cam lobes were almost all destroyed. Very cool. Not an everyday sight. Turns out the #3 piston and rod were installed 180* off and wasn't allowing oil to the main bearing or the camshaft. Carnage. Pictures later. Very cool. By the time I got off work, though, it was too dang hot to do anything to Clyde and my boy was in a good mood when I got home so I just played with the little man.

Yes pics please. I don't think I've ever seen an N14 snap a crank. Definitely some spun mains and wiped out cams but can't remember seeing a crank fail in one. Seen a few old Big Cam 855's and quite a few 3406E and C15 Cats break them though.

5Rangers 07-08-2011 05:13 PM

Pulled the rear tires and wheels off and took the over to Porter tire to mount the new
35x15x12.5 Maxxis Bighorns. Put them back on the truck.

SideWinder4.9l 07-09-2011 12:04 AM

Got my windows retinted to 5%......And picked up some Frost King A/C ductwork insulation......Now to find a suitable floormat....

Elderstarr 07-09-2011 07:35 PM

Started it...

It's been sitting in ghetto desert camo (Primer) for a year now, awaiting funds for a clean paint job. Needed to make sure the seals dont dry up on me, so I flashed it and brought it up to operating temp. Only 3 revolutions and it fired up.

Getting sick of looking at it stationary, under a truck cover. Almost tempted to roll on rusteoleum and drive the beast... but then I remember how much time I spent block sanding it and I cant let myself do that.