Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum28/)
-   -   What have you done to your truck today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/730516-what-have-you-done-to-your-truck-today.html)

TNT1968 02-11-2009 05:39 AM

Wait until you get to the clip that holds the fuel filter down...

BillyBoy92 02-11-2009 08:13 AM

I installed a new set of horns, both H and L were bad. Also did a bunch of little things. The list is getting smaller...

HrdDrv 02-12-2009 10:39 PM

Drove my daughter to work. Darned near rear-ended a few, checking my reflection in the shop windows rollin' thru town! The Eagles 1994 Live on my grandaughter's Dora cd player! :-bigparty

HrdDrv 02-12-2009 10:52 PM

Before I get slammed, I have a cassette/AM/FM/ stereo. New truck for me. (My past rides are a '71 Chevy C-10, a '75 Ford f-100, and a '79 Ford F-250.) Oh, and a '62 Ford Fairlane. I havent had the chance to get a new system and want to have the Eagles in my new truck. We must do what we can in these trying times. :-missingt

94XLTFLAREI6 02-13-2009 03:15 PM

I put a new electric motor in the drivers door today for the electric window! Took about an hour, taking my time.....

cbslayer 02-13-2009 08:16 PM

i power washed a the rock salt off my 94 150 4x4 and found some new rust holes

john410312 02-13-2009 09:06 PM

Almost done...

Harold brought it down off the hoist.

True Trac installed.
DJM 3/5 installed.
1 5/8" MAC LT into 3" dual

More pics to come...this is just it sitting on the ground.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...Broadis_15.jpg

Beastly 02-13-2009 09:47 PM

Put a new radiator in mine today.

The other day, I drove past a jiffy lube, and on a whim, I stopped and had them change out the coolant. Unfortunately, I think that the tool they used to pull a vacuum on the cooling system must have sucked the passenger side tank gasket out of place. When I got home, I looked at it, and the passenger side radiator tank was bubbling at the top crimps.

I thought about going back, and pitching a fit at the Jiffy-Lube, but, then I remembered that the truck is 13 years old, and if the radiator was in good shape, it probably would have stood up to the vacuum. Who knows, maybe this problem existed before I took it in, and I just didn't notice.

So, no big deal, and now I know for sure what condition my radiator is in. I also went ahead and did the cap, thermostat, and all the hoses, while I was there. I changed the serpentine belt when I got the truck a few weeks back, so as far as cooling components go, I should be good. (Unless the water pump decides to go south. It seems to be in good shape, and doesn't make any weird noises, so I'll chance that.)

-Jim

HrdDrv 02-13-2009 10:01 PM

Beastly,
Don't know if I would have let it slide that easy. It wasn't leaking before, and now it did...I would have brought it to thier attention, and let the manager make a decision. Age or not. (If I was working on your ride, I would back my work, and the collateral situations.) Just my honest opinion.

Beastly 02-13-2009 10:06 PM

HrdDrv,
Normally, I would agree with you. However, I really can't say for sure whether they broke it, or it was already broken, and I hadn't noticed yet.

I've only had the truck for a few weeks, and haven't really learned all of its quirks, yet.

OH Yeah, I forgot to put in the post that I was watching them do it, as I had never seen that particular tool (antifreeze exchanger) in action. They didn't do anything different than I would have done if I had the tool.

And, I was able to save the new coolant that they put in, and I just poured it into the new radiator using a funnel with a fine screen.

john410312 02-13-2009 10:26 PM

Maybe, maybe not

Originally Posted by HrdDrv (Post 7138701)
Beastly,
Don't know if I would have let it slide that easy. It wasn't leaking before, and now it did...I would have brought it to thier attention, and let the manager make a decision. Age or not. (If I was working on your ride, I would back my work, and the collateral situations.) Just my honest opinion.

The problem with flushing an old radiator is it sometimes removes the crap that's keeping the rad from leaking in the first place...

Ksnarf 02-14-2009 07:35 AM

I replaced the heater core and blower motor and recharged my A/C. I still need to trace down why the motor only works on "high" but I once again have cold A/C and i'm no longer having to refill my radiator every day.

fastfarmer 02-14-2009 07:57 AM

I put a new battery in my 97 F250. The original Motorcraft battery finally gave up after 12 years. The one in my Mustang went nine years. These Motorcraft batterys aren't too shabby.

Beastly 02-14-2009 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by fastfarmer (Post 7139458)
I put a new battery in my 97 F250. The original Motorcraft battery finally gave up after 12 years. The one in my Mustang went nine years. These Motorcraft batterys aren't too shabby.

:-X0A6

That was one heckuva battery!

My original battery in my ZX2 lasted 4 years, and the middle of the line duralast battery that I replaced it with only lasted 2 years. I went for the best grade of duralast this time, so we'll see how long it goes for.

I've only been in the desert since 2003, but, I have been told that the climate here eats batteries.

fastfarmer 02-14-2009 09:15 AM

I guess the cold here in Wisconsin preserves them. LOL!