Conversation Between maf226 and JenniSAnanna
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. maf226
    02-28-2013 11:09 AM - permalink
    The visible inspection is that they take mirrors,and look underneath the truck, and look under the hood to make sure it looks like everything is there,(as far as smog equipment).I just didn't want you to spend money ripping off the plugged catalytic converter,(for example), to find out that it had to be there, or it would not pass.Rust, looks,and safety don't matter.It's air quality that they are after.
    I have another idea for you,take the truck to a dealer for a pre buy inspection.Usually they give you a upfront price for the inspection, and they know the trucks, so it should be easy for them to spot what is wrong,and a price to fix it.Especially if you tell them up front what your concerns are.A FORD quick lube,will give you a pretty thorough fluid check/recommended services,before you start the trip.Dealers have a reputation for being expensive, but if you figure they see many with the same problem, and don't have to go exploring,on your money,sometimes they can be a good deal.
  2. JenniSAnanna
    02-28-2013 09:57 AM - permalink
    Hello i will holler at you when I make it there. Your advice is awesome, I have that emission test worry. What is the visual inspection, the van has some rust will that pass? If I get it there how hard will it be to get it up to passable? Will that even be possible?