Conversation Between racer30 and JcsReno work truck
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. racer30
    04-15-2013 01:13 AM - permalink
    shimming the regulator is not easy, If your not careful you can screw up the oil cooler header and will need to get another one. On the rear cooler head there is a regulator inset into a hole and staked in with a punch. The hard part is to very carefully cut the aluminum at the stake locations to loosen the regulator. The unit has a spring that can get week over time and reduce pressure by returning to much oil back to the oil pan. icanfixall shimmed his .070 and picked up 15 psi overall. I have a low miles turbo engine regulator that I shimmed .034 under the spring in the regulator piston. the system works by filtered oil pressure pushes into a spring controlled piston. If the filtered oil pressure pushes down the piston it opens a passage that lets cooled unfiltered oil back to the pan. Increasing the spring pressure makes the regulator need more filtered oil pressure to open the relief valve. You need to turn on you PM's so You can Personal message people and get PM's
  2. JcsReno work truck
    04-14-2013 11:59 PM - permalink
    Hey racer, you posted about shimming the the oil regulator? how would you go about this? The 94 i have i would like to keep running as long as possible before having to put new engine in, being that it has started to show zero for psi now and then not all the time just occasionally would this route buy me a little more time?? And if so how to shim?